Celebration on iTunes

sniper

Its out to download on Friday 14th August here in the UK..not sure why we had to wait so long but tis ok :)

Also, i called my local radio station to request it and the bloke said it wasn't out on radio til Monday 17th August??? Thats when radio stations across the UK are allowed to play it he said!

..At least the song will get played now, get some excitment built up in time for the video n' stuff :)

Also, i called my local radio station to request it and the bloke said it wasn't out on radio til Monday 17th August??? Thats when radio stations across the UK are allowed to play it he said!

I'm pretty sure that's the reason most non-HAC US stations are not playing the song yet. It has not been officially serviced to them. I've noticed that over the past years Madonna's songs peak in sales when they top the Dance airplay and the Dance/Club play charts. Since we are not there yet(we are just getting started actually) it is clear that "Celebration" has still a long way to go... :|

(Whitney Houston's new single has 17+m AI and is out of the itunes Top100, btw)

Edited by Madonna-Greece

I think airplay will pick up a bit in the coming weeks and i'm pretty confident this could be a top 20 hit in the states. Here in the UK, i actually heard it quite 'alot' on a few stations so its starting to pick up...slowly. :)

I don't think Madonna or any artist can or should completely forget about commercial considerations. But I do wish she would explore other kinds of music. I think she needs to get the balance between commercial concerns and artistic concerns again. It seems to me in the last couple of years she has only cared about the commercial side. But I wouldn't want her to go too far to the other side and do something too weird or avant garde either. I will always want her to do melodic accessible things that you can sing along with, but show more creativity and innovation than she has in the last couple of years.

I also feel like she's getting caught in just the dance club/electronic/fun music box right now. She really needs to break out of that.

Exactly my opinion! You just nailed it!

The fun music thing needs to go away and it's time she goes back exploring again..

Just like you say, she's at her best when she balance between commercial and artistic... and lately it's been a little too much of the commercial side

and as for the US, radio doesn't touch her anyways, so there's no point of holding on to the commercial aspect that hard.. and I think with "Celebration", even Europe shows that they want the more creative Madonna back... Obviously "Celebration" is much bigger in Europe than in the US.. but I think people expect more from her and could be one of the reasons it's not doing too fantastic even here..

Guest Qbanito21

I DONT KNOW IF THEY WERE DOING IT BEFORE BUT I SEE THE CELEBRATION COVER BEING PROMOTED ON ITUNES MAIN PAGE!!!

THIS SHOULD HELP GAIN IT ATTENTION???

I DONT KNOW IF THEY WERE DOING IT BEFORE BUT I SEE THE CELEBRATION COVER BEING PROMOTED ON ITUNES MAIN PAGE!!!

THIS SHOULD HELP GAIN IT ATTENTION???

the cover has been on the "whats hot" page for over a week now.

Something really fishy, totally no promo I presume the second single is the one that WB's gonna give a push since its gonna be released almost the same time as the Album.

And its another collaboration.

So sad coz Celebration is really a grower but heck really couldnt care less about the charts.

I luv the song thats all that matters to me who gives a shit if it does not become number one ,

the queen has had those already & for someone like me who had been a fan from the very start,

I'm just glad that she's still here entertaining us not dead like MJ...

stpetwa-300x177.jpg

Guest Danny86

Something really fishy, totally no promo I presume the second single is the one that WB's gonna give a push since its gonna be released almost the same time as the Album.

I wouldn't bet on that, because Warner will surely be more interested to sell albums instead of a Hot 100 position. It's possible it won't be a single before October to make sure at least fans pick up the GH for "Revolver".

Guest Bad Robot

WB or any other record company is fooling themselves if they think people would pick up the whole album for one new song. In the digital age that doesn't work.

Well, the woman had a #3 single with Justin Timberlake (and Timbaland) in tow. Her last real solo hit was "Hung Up," and that just missed top 40 on Hot 100 AIrplay.

With all her releases since 2002, "Die Another Day" was her only real radio hit (yet that stayed on Hot 100 Airplay for the same amount of time as HU did).

The woman hasn't had an enduring U.S. solo hit since 2001, truth be told.

WB or any other record company is fooling themselves if they think people would pick up the whole album for one new song. In the digital age that doesn't work.

If the multiple cover limited edition rumours is true (let's say 4 different cover + 1 regular cover, just like Music), die hard Madge fans (including me) will definitely sweep up everything. :crazy:

Guest Bad Robot

If the multiple cover limited edition rumours is true (let's say 4 different cover + 1 regular cover, just like Music), die hard Madge fans (including me) will definitely sweep up everything. :crazy:

I think you can count on diehard M fans to buy just about everything. :)

(I won't be buying the album though.)

i cant believe that anyone expects celebration to be a huge hit given that radio is not keen on madonna and has been the case since 2003. i would have expected it to go top 10 for at least a week but thats looks unlikely. i expected celebration to be big because its like a closing chapter. i would expect a huge buzz given that she is going to release a career spanning album. there will be over 25 years of music on there - some very memorable songs and transformations. i hope this greatest hits will HUGE. this is not just ayones career spanner but madonna's.

i doubt WB are wanting it to be a disaster - this project could potentially be huge! it has all the right ingredients. they can make lots of money out of it. maybe there could have been some dispute over which should be the lead single? revolver has the chance to do much better in america because of lil wayne.

Guest Bad Robot

bitch why aint u buyin it?

Why would I buy an album full of songs I already have?

I didn't buy GHV2 either.

I buy a ton of music but don't see the point in buying things I already own.