Weak ticket sales in Spain

windsor67

She should have stop touring countries that didn't sellout in the past:

- Ireland

- Spain

- Czech Republic

But it seems like Live Nation arbitrarily determines which shows don't sell out. Budva reportedly put 65,000 tickets on the market and ended up selling 47,524 of them but was still listed as a sell-out. Valencia initially had 60,000 tickets on sale and sold 50,143 - but again, a sell-out. I have no idea why they didn't just list Seville as a sell-out - it did about just as well as Valencia in terms of tickets and gross.

Guest boytoyville

^ I know it's hard to understand but there really is an established system behind concert grosses and every act is held to the same standards. The numbers reported have to be accounted for and verified.

Guest boytoyville
Spain loves her guys! 5 STADIUM concerts during the same tour just in Spain is too much! And remember that her last hits in Spain were the confessions singles. Her last true hits. All the confessions singles were on super heavy rotation on the radio and hit no1. The Hard Candy era didn't have any impact on the europeans even though 4 Minutes hit no1 everywhere because her name was on it.

Personally, I love the fact that her fans in Spain's 5 biggest cities were and are able to see her! I don't care if it's not 100% sold out! It's a stadium!

Imagine how happy a teen in Zaragoza or Sevilla who couldn't travel to Barcelona or Madrid is to see her! New fans!

:thumbsup: Exactly. I think it's fantastic! It's great to me that she did 5 different cities/stadiums in that country. It's great for the fans. All the concerts will be a success. You don't have to sell every ticket to make a profit. There are a lot of other factors involved as well.

Guest dicktracy
Excuse me boy but... Lisbon is not SPAIN is the capital of Portugal, one of the world oldest country with more than 800 years of history and Lisbon is 600 kms from Madrid or Sevilla... the nearest cities where Madonna was... now with the euro money we are closer from Spain but still the language is different.

I know Portugal it's a small country now (used to be the biggest country in the World as Brazil, Mozambique, Angola, and other countries were all parts of Portugal until a few decades ago) but we are still almost 12 million people living here. Lisbon concert sold out its 75.000 tickets in 4 days selling the first 40.000 tickets on the first day alone establish a new record for Portugal fastest concert ticket sale EVER. On Lisbon we are 3.3 million people living on the surounding area but people came all over the country to see Madonna. She would probably have sold out 2 Lisbon dates as she did on Re-invention with tickets 3 times the price (as it was on a smaller venue).

By the way, Spain has around 42 million people and Madonna had had 21 #01 singles charts on that country making her the artist with most #01 singles EVER. Her albums also do very well on the Spanish market... and those are probably 2 reazons why they decided to do all these shows. Now Zaragoza is 150 kms from Madrid, so it's quite near (kind of stupid). Barcelona is already 500 kms away from Madrid.... but only 350 kms from Zaragoza... so she is only going to that same very quarter of the Spanish territory... instead of Zaragoza she should have done Vigo like during 1990 Blond Ambition - Vigo is a 2 million people city about 700 kms from Madrid, and 1200 kms from Barcelona. It's also quite near Portugal second city (185 kms from Oporto), still 500 kms from Lisbon.

Whatever... probably Madonna and Live Nation already have their money safe and don't give a damn about that...

Brazil became a Republic over 100 years ago and independent from Portugal way before that... how many decades are considered a few decades? Anyway, I wish she would release the show that was recorded in Lisbon.

Excuse me boy but... Lisbon is not SPAIN is the capital of Portugal, one of the world oldest country with more than 800 years of history and Lisbon is 600 kms from Madrid or Sevilla... the nearest cities where Madonna was... now with the euro money we are closer from Spain but still the language is different.

Relax, boy! I know where Lisbon is, I'm spanish, so I'll try to explain myself better. Like it or not, Lisbon attracted many spanish fans and can be considered part of the same market, inside the Iberian Peninsula. For many people living in Castilla Leon, Galicia or Extremadura it was easier to go to Lisbon instead of Valencia or Sevilla, and I know several friends and colleagues who went to Lisbon because it was in the weekend. But I agree with you, the third spanish show should have been in Bilbao or Vigo, or even a second show in Portugal, it makes more sense. They have saturated the east of the peninsula. Without Zaragoza, Madrid and Barcelona would have been sold out or almost sold out and Vigo would have had a pretty good attendance.

Edited by MForever

Relax, boy! I know where Lisbon is, I'm spanish, so I'll try to explain myself better. Like it or not, Lisbon attracted many spanish fans and can be considered part of the same market, inside the Iberian Peninsula. For many people living in Castilla Leon, Galicia or Extremadura it was easier to go to Lisbon instead of Valencia or Sevilla, and I know several friends and colleagues who went to Lisbon because it was in the weekend. But I agree with you, the third spanish show should have been in Bilbao or Vigo, or even a second show in Portugal, it makes more sense. They have saturated the east of the peninsula. Without Zaragoza, Madrid and Barcelona would have been sold out or almost sold out and Vigo would have had a pretty good attendance.

in BIlbaoooooooo! it should have beeennnnn innn Bilbao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dramatic:

Wish I lived in Spain so I could buy her discount tickets!

Oh dear I just wish she quit those places where she's not gettin enough love hehehe

Why not go back to Australia instead. Or maybe parts of Asia she's never been to, Singapore Hongkong or the Philippines maybe.

People there are like still so into her and she dont even bother , I mean Ive been to a Beyonce concert in Manila and its a sell out.Even the Pussycat dolls whose just a front act for Britney's, sells out in these territories What more if its the Queen.

Oh dear I just wish she quit those places where she's not gettin enough love hehehe

Why not go back to Australia instead. Or maybe parts of Asia she's never been to, Singapore Hongkong or the Philippines maybe.

People there are like still so into her and she dont even bother , I mean Ive been to a Beyonce concert in Manila and its a sell out.Even the Pussycat dolls whose just a front act for Britney's, sells out in these territories What more if its the Queen.

Expecting Madonna to tour Asia and Australia properly is asking too much. Madonna is a poor delicate flower that simply cannot travel first class that far.

Tough titty about these shit house ticket sales, this second leg in europe is ridiculous.

Expecting Madonna to tour Asia and Australia properly is asking too much. Madonna is a poor delicate flower that simply cannot travel first class that far.

Tough titty about these shit house ticket sales, this second leg in europe is ridiculous.

Sour grapes from Mad_On_Her? Gee, how unusual! ;)

it seems things are looking up, vip tickets are sold out and people a finally buying the others. my spanish is not the best, can anyone confirm:

Aumenta la demanda de entradas para ver a Madonna en Zaragoza

La cercanía del concierto de Madonna en Zaragoza (Feria, el 25 de julio) ha hecho que en los últimos días esté aumentando la demanda de entradas. De hecho, los tiquets VIP (250 euros), que entre otras cosas incluye asiento numerado, se han agotado ya en El Corte Inglés y Servicaixa, aunque todavía se pueden adquirir a través de la web ticketmaster.es. El resto de las entradas, están disponibles en los tres servidores.

Quién también ha colgado el cartel de completo es el Hotel Plaza que, gracias a los descuentos para los miembros del Club de Fans de la diva y por su cercanía a la Feria, ya está lleno.

Y es que los seguidores de Madonna están inquietos, preparando numerosas fiestas para animar las horas previas y posteriores al concierto. Esa inquietud quedó de manifiesto el pasado viernes cuando durante unas horas, el concierto de Zaragoza (no el de Madrid ni Barcelona) desapareció de la página web de la artista. Cundió el pánico, sobre todo porque desde hace semanas el fantasma de la cancelación había planeado sobre el concierto. Sin embargo fue solo una falsa alarma y ayer ya aparecía, ya que se debió a un problema de la web, que en los últimos días ha estado en obras. Así lo aseguraba también el promotor de la cita de la Feria, Enrique Ibarra, de Music Community, quien además se quejaba de que eso podía afectar cuando lo que se quiere es que crezca la venta. Y los fans así lo han entendido.

it also says that last friday saragossa disapeared from the list of concerts from madonna.com, now it is back on

You should learn to stop sucking on lemons its making you BITTER.

Oh and by the way, the 2nd leg in Europe is FABULOUS. The 02 shows were the best I have been to in ages.

She just got a few markets wrong, big deal. SS will still end up being 3rd highest grossing tour ever.

Brazil became a Republic over 100 years ago and independent from Portugal way before that... how many decades are considered a few decades? Anyway, I wish she would release the show that was recorded in Lisbon.

Yeah, I konw, but just Brazil it was earlier independent as the son of the last Portuguese King went there and gave it independence in order to get his own kingdom. Portuguese king was then killed on 1910 to be established the republica. Angola, Mozambique, Timor, Cabo Verde, Guine and others are only independent since 1974 when the Portuguese goverment was put down by militars and was decided to abandon those territories and deliver them to civil war (what a stupied thing the militars did at the time!). Macau was also part of Portugal until 1999.

Much happier you know where Lisbon is :) A lot of people don't know (especially from out of Europe).

I have seen a couple of spanish guys at the concert here... but I also saw spanish guys at the Paris concert. I believe that spanish people came to Paris and Lisbon because Spanish concerts were still not confirmed when tickets were put on selling.

Let's hope the new strategy will do better... the crisis is kind of complicated in both Spain and Portugal with unemployement rising and people getting scared.

I went to the Kylie minogue concert here in Lisbon. It was a very good concert but... she only sold 5.000 from the 17.000 tickets put selling. I believe price was the reazon as tickets were quite expensive.

Guest valhum

Oh and by the way, the 2nd leg in Europe is FABULOUS. The 02 shows were the best I have been to in ages.

She just got a few markets wrong, big deal. SS will still end up being 3rd highest grossing tour ever.

It is not about being bitter, i think that a 2nd proper leg would be going to Australia, Japan, Corea, Hong Kong, etc, places like those that she just doesn't visit that much at all.

It is not about being bitter, i think that a 2nd proper leg would be going to Australia, Japan, Corea, Hong Kong, etc, places like those that she just doesn't visit that much at all.

Guy Oseary promised they would visit Oz on the next tour so remember that and hold him to it! :thumbsup:

I was expecting that too, in fact, I still think she should do it

Sorry, but she has toured Japan twice and Australia once. She has never visited Belgium, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia,

Slovenia, Estonia or Bulgaria. This is a proper 2nd leg as far as fans in those countries are concerned. They deserve a show as much as anyone else.

Sorry, but she has toured Japan twice and Australia once. She has never visited Belgium, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia,

Slovenia, Estonia or Bulgaria. This is a proper 2nd leg as far as fans in those countries are concerned. They deserve a show as much as anyone else.

Not to be nit-picky, but Japan got 4 tours (Who's That Girl, Blond Ambition, Girlie Show & Confessions) and Denmark got Confessions while Sweden got Blond Ambition. Just sayin'...

I think the argument is more that people in these European countries can travel to see her with relative ease and expense considering Europe is very commuter friendly. Australians are pretty much fucked being in a country so isolated. I'd love for Madonna to do a proper Australian and Asian tour as well, but I also agree that there really is no point in getting angry about it anymore. Either she will come there some day or she won't - and if she does I am sure the complaints will simply be about the cost of the tickets or the fact that she didn't do "Vogue" or something else.

Not to be nit-picky, but Japan got 4 tours (Who's That Girl, Blond Ambition, Girlie Show & Confessions) and Denmark got Confessions while Sweden got Blond Ambition. Just sayin'...

I think the argument is more that people in these European countries can travel to see her with relative ease and expense considering Europe is very commuter friendly. Australians are pretty much fucked being in a country so isolated. I'd love for Madonna to do a proper Australian and Asian tour as well, but I also agree that there really is no point in getting angry about it anymore. Either she will come there some day or she won't - and if she does I am sure the complaints will simply be about the cost of the tickets or the fact that she didn't do "Vogue" or something else.

Thanks for correcting me. I forget about BA visiting Sweden and CT visiting Denmark. Flop fan.

Thanks for correcting me. I forgot about BA visiting Sweden and CT visiting Denmark. Flop fan.

Flop fan.

Nonsense, you often tell it like it is (the quality of a great fan). I just have a surplus of useless information in my head.

lindychamberlain_sour.jpg

If you lived in Australia you'd be bitter as well, so shut your cake-hole. And yes if the tour is the 3rd highest grossing tour of all time really thats all that matters. NOT! You moron!

If you lived in Australia you'd be bitter as well, so shut your cake-hole. And yes if the tour is the 3rd highest grossing tour of all time really thats all that matters. NOT! You moron!

Build a bridge and get over it. She didn't tour Australia big deal. Other countries deserve a tour just as much if not more than Australia.

Build a bridge and get over it. She didn't tour Australia big deal. Other countries deserve a tour just as much if not more than Australia.

You build a bridge and get over it you selfish bastard. You're always so quick to criticise us Aussie's for airing our disappointment on being left out. Thank your lucky stars that you have the chance to see Madonna numerous times while we miss out you asshole.

because of this aussie poster this thread is another one, from an infinity of here, about touring/not touring in Australia. nasty people are unhappy people...

sorry, but people can't put on comparison belgium or whatever european cuntry and australia...if i was australian i would be a little upset, honestly.....