Has Madame X KILLED MNation?

9 hours ago, Kim said:

Well I'm not saying the forum is dead or anything, and obviously the thread title was meant to be semi-humorous, but I forgot that I do actually have access to the forum analytics, and sure enough, rather than activity increasing after the release, it peaked on release day then slowly but surely fell to around Jan '19 levels (now) So what that indicates, I'm not quite sure, but it is interesting.

2019-07-31.jpg

I think it's because almost all promo was before the album release and hardly anything afterwards.

And we can talk about the album only so much i suppose.

We needed some more televised live performances after the release I think even if they didn't really change the sales figures.

I come back here daily to see if anything exciting is happening... it never is. I'm so sad that the album era seems over before it even started.... yes the tour is coming up but it's a fan only tour so i can't see much buzz being generated.  Hope I'm wrong though... maybe she'll do Strictly here in the UK to generate some public interest.

7 hours ago, Aries said:

watching one of her singles climb "back in the day" was always exciting and kept the momentum going...but sadly she doesn't chart anymore

This is also very true. The fact that no matter how good her material is it's never going to be successful again is incredibly frustrating...Madame X is one of her best works ever, her best album since COADF, and we can't even brag about it. We can't brag about any new excellent live performance either because i don't know why, she decides to keep those only for tours now.. Also all the disrespect and the HUGE loads of negativity that's been thrown at her basically since she's been single hasn't been nice witnessing.

10 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Madonnanation is far far more positive than Madonna groups etc online.  Always has been.  I was looking at blogs, groups etc briefly and most of it was very negative and full of fans of other singers telling Madonna fans to respect them etc or polls about what is your least favourite song.  

True, and as far as Madonna social media goes, it's full of nutcases and real unfettered negativity unless you hit block every 2 seconds, but then you just end up in an echo chamber.

10 hours ago, YannBouch said:

For me, if I had tickets for the tour I would still be excited about this era. I love the album and it's nearly perfection. I listen to the record also every day. But I kinda feel the era is already over. the tour shape to be unreal and so beautiful it really hurts to know I wont be there so... probably because of the pain. I don't want  to ruin the excitement for everybody, maybe that's why I back off a bit

That's sad, but you're not alone, many people feel that way. If it goes well, then we might see an extension with more cities/countries next year though, fingers crossed!

8 hours ago, peter said:

You went on holiday?!  Where did you go? Hope you had a wonderful time!!  😎  😊

Hi Peter! I was in Tuscany for two weeks and loved it!

31 minutes ago, Andra said:

I really hope they will allow filming/live streaming of some sort,at least for those who won't attend, otherwise...

I have a feeling they'll try and do a Kate Bush and ban mobiles. That will kill fan buzz even more though so I hope not!

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

I have a feeling they'll try and do a Kate Bush and ban mobiles. That will kill fan buzz even more though so I hope not!

If they do then this era is dead as we know it.

I really love the album . She put a lot of effort in it and it shows in the music itself as well as the visuals.

I have to admit that I do feel a sense of disappointment that the album and the singles didn't do well. 

Madonna , for me ,  is THE ultimate pop girl through and through and the fact her latest offering is not ' popular ' and no one seems to care

is a little disheartening . I tried not to care about the charts / airplay but sometimes I gave in and it's almost always disappointing news .

I think the whole music landscape is changing . Even current favourites like Taylor, Beyonce and Katy are flopping .

Maybe nowadays people don't want a  high art conceptual album but am forever thankful that Madonna will always serve us with high art conceptual album  .

I'm grateful to Madonna as a fan and I wished the public had given her / Madame X more of a chance . 

I'm only on here less and posting less because I'm enjoying the album every day, sharing the videos with my friends and family whenever I can, and talking about her on Twitter. Until the tour starts there isn't a lot to talk about right now, but it's not because "MX is bad" lol what a ridiculous thing to say. It was so active because of all the rumors and anticipation prior to the album release. But with no videos or performances or appearances to talk about at the moment, we're all off just enjoying what she's created for us.

37 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

I'm only on here less and posting less because I'm enjoying the album every day, sharing the videos with my friends and family whenever I can, and talking about her on Twitter. Until the tour starts there isn't a lot to talk about right now, but it's not because "MX is bad" lol what a ridiculous thing to say. It was so active because of all the rumors and anticipation prior to the album release. But with no videos or performances or appearances to talk about at the moment, we're all off just enjoying what she's created for us.

Well off you pop back to Twitter to "talk about her" then Michael, and leave the grown-ups to it.

32 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well off you pop back to Twitter to "talk about her" then Michael, and leave the grown-ups to it.

Leave you to what exactly, Kim? Hysterical and condescending threads about how atrocious Kylie Minogue is? Pot stirring/ otherwise pointless threads about MX killing MNation? At least it's stirred a few pages of dialogue! Well done, jack hole! I'm sure this thread will encourage members to be more involved! 

I remember during MDNA Tour she visited Ellen....hopefully on the NYC and LA stops, she'll do something like that or go on one of the late night chat shows. After all, she'll be in these cities for a while....same for London.

13 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Leave you to what exactly, Kim? Hysterical and condescending threads about how atrocious Kylie Minogue is? Pot stirring/ otherwise pointless threads about MX killing MNation? At least it's stirred a few pages of dialogue! Well done, jack hole! I'm sure this thread will encourage members to be more involved! 

Ah Kylie Minogue. Now it makes sense.

Nope, I don't make threads about kylie, nor threads about anything much at all. I came back from holiday and wondered why the forum had gone from 200 plus online members and very busy to 20 members and 2 posts an hour.

The thread quickly moved on to interesting discussion about the era as a whole, but I'm guessing you're one of those posters who reads the first post in a thread then immediately gives their own oh-so-fascinating opinion without bothering to read what anyone else has to say. 

This thread did exactly what I intended - promoted discussion

What's a "jack hole"?

27 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

You ban people, who have been fans their ENTIRE lives, for not liking something and criticizing Madonna.

Really? Like who?

On 7/31/2019 at 6:37 AM, dollhouse said:

The promotion was short, quick and fast paced. All performances and 5 videos were done and released in just few months. 

Back in the day, we would just begin to prepare for a second video and single.

And all is dead in the summer anyway.

6 videos - don't forget "I Rise"

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Ah Kylie Minogue. Now it makes sense.

Nope, I don't make threads about kylie, nor threads about anything much at all. I came back from holiday and wondered why the forum had gone from 200 plus online members and very busy to 20 members and 2 posts an hour.

The thread quickly moved on to interesting discussion about the era as a whole, but I'm guessing you're one of those posters who reads the first post in a thread then immediately gives their own oh-so-fascinating opinion without bothering to read what anyone else has to say. 

This thread did exactly what I intended - promoted discussion

What's a "jack hole"?

Dude I don't like Kylie either but your comments in a Kylie thread are a perfect example of your over the top condescending histrionics towards anyone who's opinion isn't the same as your holy one. You're a joy murdering buzzkill in any thread I've seen you in. This thread was never an interesting idea and you aren't funny.

Look it up. 

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I remember during MDNA Tour she visited Ellen....hopefully on the NYC and LA stops, she'll do something like that or go on one of the late night chat shows. After all, she'll be in these cities for a while....same for London.

I hope for this too. I'm still hoping for more videos covering some of the other songs. Crosses fingers. 

38 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Dude I don't like Kylie either but your comments in a Kylie thread are a perfect example of your over the top condescending histrionics towards anyone who's opinion isn't the same as your holy one. You're a joy murdering buzzkill in any thread I've seen you in. This thread was never an interesting idea and you aren't funny.

Look it up. 

How rude!

See this is what I don't understand. Why even venture into this thread then? What you've written is the exact opposite of what I hear on a regular basis as regards my humour and my contribution to the forum. That's what makes a forum of co-existing, differing personality types interesting though, as opposed to the anonymous echo chamber of twitter for example, where unpleasant personality-free hicks like yourself can say what they want before hitting block and flicking onto the next page.

Well there is a block button here, but it doesn't work on moderators/admin unfortunately. Bad luck.

Now I've had a look at your posting history, and while you do come across as a bit simple and not terribly bright, you do appear to be somewhat harmless. So feel free to continue posting (if you're comfortable doing so knowing that you've just made a complete cunt of yourself)

Alternatively, feel free to continue name-calling and get yourself banned. Makes no difference to me.

Either way, get the fuck out of my thread.

5 hours ago, Kim said:

This was rude. Where was I rude in my original comment? All I did was give my perspective on why it was slow around here and state that the idea that MX is being perceived poorly by fans is ridiculous. Was that rude of me?

It appears you were being tongue in cheek with the "Is MX that bad," comment, but I guess I'm not too bright like you said. OR I based my perspective on other harsh/negative comments I'd seen you make in other threads and assumed you were being serious. Either way you jumped on my innocuous comment first. 

Multiple members have messaged me stating how negative you are and thanking me for calling you out, so maybe you are in an echo chamber of your own there, Kim.

Thanks for calling me an unpleasant personality free hick, and a cunt, maybe I can put that on my tomb stone. 

8 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

This was rude. Where was I rude in my original comment? All I did was give my perspective on why it was slow around here and state that the idea that MX is being perceived poorly by fans is ridiculous. Was that rude of me?

It appears you were being tongue in cheek with the "Is MX that bad," comment, but I guess I'm not too bright like you said. OR I based my perspective on other harsh/negative comments I'd seen you make in other threads and assumed you were being serious. Either way you jumped on my innocuous comment first. 

Multiple members have messaged me stating how negative you are and thanking me for calling you out, so maybe you are in an echo chamber of your own there, Kim.

Thanks for calling me an unpleasant personality free hick, and a cunt, maybe I can put that on my tomb stone. 

Sigh. Like I said, had you bothered to read the thread you'd have seen that yes I did indeed say the thread title was tongue in cheek and I did indeed admit that the the whole point of the topic was to spark discussion. So your "OMG how stupid" post was just a tad out of date considering the topic had already moved on to discuss how the era had gone in general. 

Thanks for letting me know that the practice of cliquey bitching via PM by people too cowardly to state their opinions in public is still going on. Interesting.

It's pretty obvious at this point WHY this forum has turned into a morgue in recent weeks with every element of fun/banter/opinion removed, and it ain't to do with me.

And yes "jack hole" (which does have a bit of a HICK quality to it) was the first insult to be thrown - not by me.

Now move on or move out.

I agree with others that it does feel a bit sad that album and singles didn't give us at least one hit song and that it has put a damper on the era but I don't think that's what Madonna was after anyway. If she was she could have made a much more commercial album, at this stage in her career she's clearly much more interested in experimenting and being artistic.

The Pride performance was good but could've been more celebratory and colourful imo, same with the Esc performance but again that's not what M is about right now and that's why we love her. She does it her way.

Sadly I couldn't afford tickets to this tour so I'm hoping for a greatest hits tour in the future when M is ready for it.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
22 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

What do you guys think of the Rebel Heart tour DVD? Why is there no Take A Bow? ☺☺

LOL! You're in the wrong topic!  But hasn't this been discussed to death already?  Take A Bow wasn't even part of the regular set list. There were plenty of other "extra" songs she sang that didn't make the DVD,   Though, "Take A Bow" did make the Japan version, so it's not like it's not out there.  😉

As for the actual topic, I would say the forums were quite peaceful and fun until this thread was posted.  I hope me saying that won't ruffle any feathers for saying so, but it's true.  I don't understand the need to fight over this?