Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X: Discussion (LISTENING PARTY info within)


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

CONFESSIONS ON THE DANCE FLOOR

LARD CANDY (Not for Jews and Muslims)

MDMA

REBEL YELL

BITCH I AM MADAME X 

Oh crap!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

So I-Tunes will cease to exist soon? So they are just going for the full streaming thing now instead of downloads?

Glad I still buy CDs and Vinyl.

So will my iTunes library still exist or do I need to back it all up now? (I mean the player, I know I have all the mp3s on my computer)

I use bandcamp for downloads but it all goes into my itunes library for listening...

Whats the next best mp3 player/storer besides iTunes library?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well ... Crave could be considered the third single, really, because Medellín was first, I Rise was second, and then came Crave, prior to Future. (Dark Ballet is the fifth and final pre-release track.)

I know we as fans probably think Medellín is first and Crave is second, since those two received the music video treatment, but ... in a recent radio interview, Madonna told the DJ it was her record company’s idea to release “five singles” before the album came out. So ... who knows? We’ll find out Monday, I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m eager to see what the 32 page hardcover book is like. Hoping for lots of pictures we haven’t seen yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How and when is everyone gonna listen?

I think I’m gonna try not to listen on streaming platforms once released, and wait until I get a physical copy at Target that Friday morning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TXIII said:

How and when is everyone gonna listen?

I think I’m gonna try not to listen on streaming platforms once released, and wait until I get a physical copy at Target that Friday morning. 

I am sure I will stream on Spotify at midnight!  However, maybe I’ll stream the standard and save Extreme Occident and Looking For Mercy for when I buy the Target physical copy that day.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 10:45 PM, robster said:

Apple is doing these town hall events called “Today at Apple” at Apple store’s and she’s going to do one to promote the remixing possibilities of the Garage band app, using her single Crave. People will soon be able to sign up for the event and there will be a video she recorded where she talks about the process of recording the new album! More info is going to be released soon!

OMG! It sounds interesting! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, peter said:

Well ... Crave could be considered the third single, really, because Medellín was first, I Rise was second, and then came Crave, prior to Future. (Dark Ballet is the fifth and final pre-release track.)

I know we as fans probably think Medellín is first and Crave is second, since those two received the music video treatment, but ... in a recent radio interview, Madonna told the DJ it was her record company’s idea to release “five singles” before the album came out. So ... who knows? We’ll find out Monday, I guess.

I Rise was not a single and Future either. Third single will be the one with a video.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the fact that she launched iTunes and now launches Apple Music. 

The only thing that would make Spotify stumble would be the vast catalogue of iTunes. There's lots of music with no license for Spotify.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I Rise was not a single and Future either. Third single will be the one with a video.

I understand what you are saying and normally I would agree with you, buf Madonna herself called them singles, Karb. I would call them “pre-release tracks” but ... whatever. Suit yourself. We’ll see what happens when Dark Ballet is released — whether it has a video or not.

Considering the way that account words things (she did not inaugurate iTunes in 2005, as others have said; she inteoduced her catalogue on iTunes in 2005), we may be splitting hairs over something that is not accurate anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Love the fact that she launched iTunes and now launches Apple Music. 

The only thing that would make Spotify stumble would be the vast catalogue of iTunes. There's lots of music with no license for Spotify.

Sorry, as pointed out above by other posters, she did not launch iTunes. It must’ve been around for four or five years before she finally made her catalogue available for purchase on iTunes. It was a big deal when she did it — she had her arm in a sling, recovering from her first horseriding accident in the lead-up to the release of COADF, and she appeared via a video call speaking with Steve Jobs at an Apple event. (It was a really sweet little appearance; she was cute and funny.)

But we look like delusional fans if we say she launched iTunes. It’s just not true. That account has misused the word inaugurate. I can understand what they were trying to say, but that isn’t the way the word should be used in relationship to iTunes.

You could say that COADF was her inaugural album release on iTunes, because that was her first new album available for purchase from iTunes upon release. But iTunes existed before that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TXIII said:

I think I’m gonna try not to listen on streaming platforms once released, and wait until I get a physical copy at Target that Friday morning. 

Same here. I’ll go and fetch my pre-order of the box set first thing in the morning and listen to the deluxe cd. It’s a much nicer experience when you get the whole product and can enjoy the artwork etc. while you’re listening. I have many similar experiences of past Madonna records, and I cherish those memories. After the first listening experience I’ll switch to Spotify again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peter said:

Sorry, as pointed out above by other posters, she did not launch iTunes. It must’ve been around for four or five years before she finally made her catalogue available for purchase on iTunes. It was a big deal when she did it — she had her arm in a sling, recovering from her first horseriding accident in the lead-up to the release of COADF, and she appeared via a video call speaking with Steve Jobs at an Apple event. (It was a really sweet little appearance; she was cute and funny.)

But we look like delusional fans if we say she launched iTunes. It’s just not true. That account has misused the word inaugurate. I can understand what they were trying to say, but that isn’t the way the word should be used in relationship to iTunes.

You could say that COADF was her inaugural album release on iTunes, because that was her first new album available for purchase from iTunes upon release. But iTunes existed before that.

Oh it's true! I recall the event. One PERFECT thing about COADF was that it was tied to the Motorola campaign and it was part of telephone companies add that were launching 3G and promoting music in your telephone for the first time. Like this Spanish ad

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Andra said:

Is that good?

I think its good cause LFL has 250k pure sales and 176k from streaming total 426k ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...