Madonna + Maluma slay Billboard Awards - watch Medellín performance!

Just now, frzndrwnwrld said:

I don't think that is technically possible. Only can be shown on big screens around the stage.

didn't they do that MJ hologram years ago? so that was also only for tv?

Just now, le smoking said:

she was AMAZING!!! She hasn't been this joyous on stage in so long!! The set was stunning, it was like a little musical!!! The holograms had the perfect balance of fun and heart.  I'm so happy for her and Maluma!!!!

I liked everyone else too!!!!!!! 

She was pretty joyous for Living For Love at the Grammys but I get what you mean. I'm excited for the tour. It would be a great time to announce it now. Riding all this buzz would be great.

3 minutes ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

Oh, so the holograms couldn't be seen by the audience? I thought they could lol. :lol:

And some Maluma's phrases weren't heard on TV, like "Make some noise for Madonna!"

I--- she could've just put some cartoons on the screen like Paula did and save herself 5 million bucks 💀

1 minute ago, Adriano said:

didn't they do that MJ hologram years ago? so that was also only for tv?

That is true! I remember they did that for 2pac as well. I don't know if it's the same tech used tonight or not. It would be great if someone more knowledgeable of this could chime in.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
Just now, le smoking said:

I--- she could've just put some cartoons on the screen like Paula did and save herself 5 million bucks 💀

Why? It's only one million per character. No big deal.

1 minute ago, le smoking said:

I think there should be a Medellin remix with MC Skat Kat. Make it happen M!

Guy O. uploaded a video of M taking a picture with BTS. That's going to be one of her most-liked pics.

The way we are quoting this 5m as fact. TMZ have been known to lie. Madonna has even called them out on it many years ago.

1 minute ago, Ugly Hecty said:

This is great...... except it's categorized as "entertainment" so streams will not count toward the charts. Hoping it gets upload to her channel categorized as "music".

So confused by this performance. I may to wait until I can see it in HD and in a big screen. But right now it just seems and sounds like an overproduced mess. 

1 minute ago, jjmor95 said:

Guy O. uploaded a video of M taking a picture with BTS. That's going to be one of her most-liked pics.

Hope they don't send her flowers and ask to collaborate. You guys know she'd do it! 🤣

Just now, Phineaspoe said:

So confused by this performance. I may to wait until I can see it in HD and in a big screen. But right now it just seems and sounds like an overproduced mess. 

The stage setup was very cool but I do think the use of the holograms made things a bit confusing. I feel that it needs to be seen on the biggest screen possible to get the full effect. 

I actually know a little about this since it's in my field of work.

It's not the same technology as the Tupac hologram. That was done using an illusion called "Pepper's ghost" where an image is projected onto glass at an angle. The crowd could see it. It's only the illusion of 3D though.

Madonna used something similar to Augmented Reality, where it's only visible through the camera. What makes it impressive is that they aren't projections but full 3D objects. Notice how the camera can move around them like they were real objects.

Just now, frzndrwnwrld said:

Oh no! Is it blocked for people outside the US? Why is any video blocked like that? So not cool.

Yes it's not available here either...

2 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

The video is not available. 😞

Must be geo-restricted to the US. It should be on her VEVO page very soon anyway. 

Just now, jjmor95 said:

I need him to leave it at this. I do not want her collaborating with KPop. Jesus take the wheel

3 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Oh no! Is it blocked for people outside the US? Why is any video blocked like that? So not cool.

1 minute ago, Ugly Hecty said:

Must be geo-restricted to the US. It should be on her VEVO page very soon anyway. 

I know! Can’t wait to see it again.

5 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

I actually know a little about this since it's in my field of work.

It's not the same technology as the Tupac hologram. That was done using an illusion called "Pepper's ghost" where an image is projected onto glass at an angle. The crowd could see it. It's only the illusion of 3D though.

Madonna used something similar to Augmented Reality, where it's only visible through the camera. What makes it impressive is that they aren't projections but full 3D objects. Notice how the camera can move around them like they were real objects.

Thanks for this info. Way cool. 

THAT WAS AMAZING.

I also loved the audience recording posted earlier on the thread, the vocal mix sounds completely different and shows what people actually saw.

I watched the video from the audience and the video from the television broadcast. In the end, they are different. The crowd with the Madonna is different. TV broadcast is half real, half pre-shot.