Jump to content

PROMO CALENDAR - so far


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Samo said:

Ok but usually we have confirmation of TV appearances and magazine covers by now.

 

Madonna already did an extensive UK promo tour in February 2015, a full.moth before the release of RH and we already had a number of major magazine covers by then, Interview, MOJO, Rolling Stone.  So far we've only gotten Vogue UK

 

On 5/23/2019 at 8:41 PM, Nonoka said:

I'm wondering when all those videos and clips she shot through January-March are going to be released? There's not been a word on this so far. 

Everyone's been talking about that LA drag queen video, but let's not forget there was so much more! The observatory in Lisbon during the Red Moon night, the Portugese villages where she was shooting in a baroque palace and historic church (though I guess some of that could have been used for the Medellin vid), then at the beach with those Batuka ladies....

Plus in the first promo clip that she posted on IG there were all these different clips compiled of Madame X personas - she likely didn't shoot full music videos for each of them, but I also find it unlikely that they shot in all of these different stylings just for a short promo clip.

Don't get me wrong, this is not meant to be a complaint - the Madame X era has been a visual feast so far, so I'm just really intrigued by all these different shoots and what's going to happen with them!

This is exactly what I was commenting in another thread. In one hand it looked like there would be tones of videos and promo material after the release of the teaser mid April and in the other hand there is no buzz two weeks prior to the album release. I feel lost and it feels somewhat underwhelming. It is not complain, it is just a little sad (IMHO)

Edited by Geiger83
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When is she doing a press junket for the album? It must be very soon. She has done it for many of her albums and other big projects. She devotes a day doing a marathon of 5-10 minute interviews with a ton of media outlets worldwide one after the other and she changes her outfits multiple times so she’s not wearing the same exact thing in literally dozens of TV interviews. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ven Conmigo said:

When is she doing a press junket for the album? It must be very soon. She has done it for many of her albums and other big projects. She devotes a day doing a marathon of 5-10 minute interviews with a ton of media outlets worldwide one after the other and she changes her outfits multiple times so she’s not wearing the same exact thing in literally dozens of TV interviews. 

I was wondering this too - I think she usually does them a month before release date but we don't seem to have any signs that she's done sit down interviews.  Maybe they're not bothering with one for this era, even during RH it felt like she was the only popstar still doing press junkets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

I think we're just getting ahead of ourselves here.  The album isn't due for another couple of weeks.  I think for now she's letting a few performances, radio interviews and songs to get the ball rolling an then the week of the release, more interviews and such are coming out.  Right now, she's still on the tip of our tongues. She's teased us for the last month, so now the full assault will probably start the week of the release.  I don't see the point of making a lot of appearances and doing a lot of interviews when the album isn't available for another few weeks. I suspect a lot of video filming she's been doing in the past are only going to start being released once the album is released and maybe throughout the summer when she is in full rehearsal mode.  Let's remember, she did a lot of filming for her MDNA skin care line months in advance and sometimes we weren't sure if it was for a music project or the MDNA line until months later when they were released.  I think we just need to be patient and enjoy the era as it rolls out.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, le smoking said:

I was wondering this too - I think she usually does them a month before release date but we don't seem to have any signs that she's done sit down interviews.  Maybe they're not bothering with one for this era, even during RH it felt like she was the only popstar still doing press junkets

I read on sites that she did the press junket in London late last month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh maybe she didn’t release DB this Friday because everyone is releasing music: Katy, Miley, Cardi, Rosalia, Little Mix.

Dark Ballet could have been lost in the shuffle with all the options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Amelia said:

I think we're just getting ahead of ourselves here.  The album isn't due for another couple of weeks.  I think for now she's letting a few performances, radio interviews and songs to get the ball rolling an then the week of the release, more interviews and such are coming out.  Right now, she's still on the tip of our tongues. She's teased us for the last month, so now the full assault will probably start the week of the release.  I don't see the point of making a lot of appearances and doing a lot of interviews when the album isn't available for another few weeks. I suspect a lot of video filming she's been doing in the past are only going to start being released once the album is released and maybe throughout the summer when she is in full rehearsal mode.  Let's remember, she did a lot of filming for her MDNA skin care line months in advance and sometimes we weren't sure if it was for a music project or the MDNA line until months later when they were released.  I think we just need to be patient and enjoy the era as it rolls out.  

Wouldn't we know about at least some of those interviews and other promo commitments included in the assault by now though?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
4 minutes ago, Foolio said:

Wouldn't we know about at least some of those interviews and other promo commitments included in the assault by now though?

Not necessarily.  There was a lot of things she did when putting this album together we really didn't know.  It's a new game.  Maybe they aren't laying all their cards out in one swoop and just taking their time in building momentum.  I'm betting she probably did a press junket and that will eventually start coming to us the week of the album release. As someone pointed out already, we know there is an Apple interview that exists.  There are probably others.  If they are under lock and key until the week of the album release than there is no point talking about it yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Not necessarily.  There was a lot of things she did when putting this album together we really didn't know.  It's a new game.  Maybe they aren't laying all their cards out in one swoop and just taking their time in building momentum.  I'm betting she probably did a press junket and that will eventually start coming to us the week of the album release. As someone pointed out already, we know there is an Apple interview that exists.  There are probably others.  If they are under lock and key until the week of the album release than there is no point talking about it yet.

Aren't you hoping for some promo over there in FRANCE Amelia?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
2 hours ago, Kim said:

Aren't you hoping for some promo over there in FRANCE Amelia?

Oui monsieur! I'm hoping with Mirwais being popular here, we'll see more promo from her soon.  Though, I know she can't be everywhere.  Right now, there is a lot of excitement with her shows being extended at Le Grand Rex.  


 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why is this thread dead?  Shouldn't it be rocking and rolling considering the album is out in TWO WEEKS

 

Why is she in tour rehearsal so fast?

 

Don't tell me this will be another MDNA thing of "non traditional promo"...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Samo said:

Why is this thread dead?  Shouldn't it be rocking and rolling considering the album is out in TWO WEEKS

 

Why is she in tour rehearsal so fast?

 

Don't tell me this will be another MDNA thing of "non traditional promo"...

 

Bad day?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Samo said:

Why is this thread dead?  Shouldn't it be rocking and rolling considering the album is out in TWO WEEKS

 

Why is she in tour rehearsal so fast?

 

Don't tell me this will be another MDNA thing of "non traditional promo"...

 

Well she is doing those workshop things. Maybe those are for promo performances the week of album release as well? I mean we know she was rehearsing Dark Ballet and I Rise. I have a feeling this Monday or next we will know more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest neeto_mosqueeto

I know people love magazine covers but not many people buy magazines anymore. She gets way more mileage from social media and the woman has been busy posting new content daily. Nobody wants to spend hours of work, away from her family to do promos that don’t add value.

I would love a new tv performance so maybe she can pop into Kelly and Ryan or one of the other morning tv shows on the week or day of the album release.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, neeto_mosqueeto said:

I know people love magazine covers but not many people buy magazines anymore. She gets way more mileage from social media and the woman has been busy posting new content daily. Nobody wants to spend hours of work, away from her family to do promos that don’t add value.

I would love a new tv performance so maybe she can pop into Kelly and Ryan or one of the other morning tv shows on the week or day of the album release.

 

She did a TON of magazine covers from 2014-2017,  and they all sold well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Soooooo is she gonna be doing any press for the album release?? Seems awfully quiet. Do we know where these rehearsals are taking place?

i think lisbon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Soooooo is she gonna be doing any press for the album release?? Seems awfully quiet. Do we know where these rehearsals are taking place?

London 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Apparently something is up with Apple Music.  She just posted two IG tagging Mert Atlas and Apple Music.  The one where it shows her climbing on the table originally said;  "Madame ❌ and Her mysterious collaboration with @applemusic @mertalas 🔥🔥🔥 #madamex #applemusic," but then she changed it to the caption about bringing light to dark places.

 

 

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sideris said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This all sounds super exciting!

 

However M didnt innagurate iTunes in 2005. It was already around for some time- she had a video call with steve jobs during one of their events (her arm broken from horse ride) and she announced her back catalogue would be added to iTunes and then her new album then COADF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Eltacubo said:

This all sounds super exciting!

 

However M didnt innagurate iTunes in 2005. It was already around for some time- she had a video call with steve jobs during one of their events (her arm broken from horse ride) and she announced her back catalogue would be added to iTunes and then her new album then COADF.

so what does this mean? can people not get her music of itunes anymore?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...