PROMO CALENDAR - so far

I agree that the promo campaign felt too short, even if it should theoretically be the standards nowadays. But I understand that Madonna and her team focused on the big exposure strategy rather than on too many "small" events. Both approachings have pros and cons. In the case of MX I personally think that the "big exposure" strategy was a good one but it was heavily depending on their quality and reception and specially this last one is very hard to predict. That is the big problem of this kind of strategy, then there is too much pressure. In MXs case we had both extremes: BMA and Pride were fantastic while Eurovision was a catastrophe (at least from the perspective here in Europe Eurovision had a negative impact on the campaign. Sorry to bring this discussion again). I just want to say that although the campaign was too short it was indeed a very good strategy, even if there were some flaws. IMO they planned it correctly but no one could never know how it would turn out. In retrospect I do feel it could have been a little more, especially because the singles deserved more attention. Last but not least: I am not sure if I agree with the idea that a tour is also a big promo for an album. At least not nowadays. But I have to make some more research before claiming that.

Edited by Geiger83

8 hours ago, Andra said:

Where are ya @Mensch? Miss u and all the exciting info u always had.

I was wondering about him one day, but what info to share? I had such a strong feeling there is nothing planned since June and I got so much shit for this... Well, here we are. 

13 hours ago, Andra said:

Where are ya @Mensch? Miss u and all the exciting info u always had.

Ugh I have been so busy. I went from being on MNation every single day to never coming on here. It’s 20 hour days 7 days a week between 3 jobs, DJing, hosting events, throwing M parties, my two bands, sometimes working for M! Life is a ⭕️ and I also have to keep my 👄 shut!!!! So it’s easy to stay busy and avoid the temptation. I love this forum and am always gonna be around! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

2 hours ago, Mensch said:

Ugh I have been so busy. I went from being on MNation every single day to never coming on here. It’s 20 hour days 7 days a week between 3 jobs, DJing, hosting events, throwing M parties, my two bands, sometimes working for M! Life is a ⭕️ and I also have to keep my 👄 shut!!!! So it’s easy to stay busy and avoid the temptation. I love this forum and am always gonna be around! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

Looks like u are doing really good❤️:wow: Glad to know u are still around!❤️

17 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

I am not sure if I agree with the idea that a tour is also a big promo for an album. At least not nowadays. But I have to make some more research before claiming that.

I think the tour is good promo in that country: a week or more performing in paris, it´s going to make her be everywhere in france´s news, same with lisbon in portugal.I don´t know about the usa.

12 hours ago, Mensch said:

But can you give us a  little hint if more promo will happen to keep our expectations high ? or we will only have to wait for the tour 😞 

26 minutes ago, mindatrappa said:

But can you give us a  little hint if more promo will happen to keep our expectations high ? or we will only have to wait for the tour 😞 

I think it’s just your at this point but nothing has happened besides rehearsals everyday so who knows...no word on any TV or promo shows or anything like that. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, Mensch said:

I think it’s just your at this point but nothing has happened besides rehearsals everyday so who knows...no word on any TV or promo shows or anything like that. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

thanks 🙂 lets hope something happens if not , it has been a good ride!  i would love a performance to shut all the haters of the Eurovision one jajaj

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

Wishful thinking. Such a pity because it was a great performance. 

Hmmm maybe, but if they released the met gala performance why wouldnt they release this which had a lot more preparation amd higher production value go into it plus they spent money to film it?

1 hour ago, Eltacubo said:

Hmmm maybe, but if they released the met gala performance why wouldnt they release this which had a lot more preparation amd higher production value go into it plus they spent money to film it?

Well the MET Gala came on her birthday. 3 months after the event. So maybe in two days we will get the Pride performance .  😅

On 8/13/2019 at 1:58 PM, Flip The Switch said:

:lol: move on people...I’m glad we’re getting so close to the tour! 

Why is this still brought up?? Did I miss something?? 

From what I remember, it was just an off the cuff comment she made (that could be interpreted in many ways) in one of her IG stories months ago that people ran with.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 9:24 AM, Eltacubo said:

I wonder if they are waiting for around the tour time to upload the NY PRIDE performance to promote the tour

It would be a shame if it was professionally recorded and then never released. That happened with the added performances on the second leg of Sticky & Sweet.