Jump to content

Madame X: Album Discussion


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, SheldonCooper said:

I feel it aswell. It all seems/sounds rich, layered and mature piece of art.  I CANNOT wait to hear this album.  I feel her soul is poured into it. It will find an audience whether immediate or years from now don’t worry.  

I love Medellin with every listen i feel like i took the trip to europe with her when i’m listening to it.  Escapsm. ❤️

The fact that she doesn’t succumb to doing the samething just to sell and make money is reason alone to bow down to this woman and respect her.  She could do her endless hits over and over again in Vegas perhaps and make hundreds of millions of dollars like the other sheep including Celine Dion.  Their will never be another female artist like her EVER.   

She gives us something different every single  time. 

 

So well said. Bravo!!✨✨🌷🐕👠👸🏼👸🏼👸🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SheldonCooper said:

I feel it aswell. It all seems/sounds rich, layered and mature piece of art.  I CANNOT wait to hear this album.  I feel her soul is poured into it. It will find an audience whether immediate or years from now don’t worry.  

I love Medellin with every listen i feel like i took the trip to europe with her when i’m listening to it.  Escapsm. ❤️

The fact that she doesn’t succumb to doing the samething just to sell and make money is reason alone to bow down to this woman and respect her.  She could do her endless hits over and over again in Vegas perhaps and make hundreds of millions of dollars like the other sheep including Celine Dion.  Their will never be another female artist like her EVER.   

She gives us something different every single  time. 

 

Well said. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

Just beautiful. I love that red glove!!! It's going to become iconic. 

Like MJ’s white one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

I love Medellín because it sounds fresh, tropical, and it really makes me shake my ass, I would cut around 1minute from the song but the radio edit will do that.

I’m so excited for this album!

I AGREE! about the length....i think 4 minutes would be perfect

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just read Maluma had an album called “Magia” (Latin word for Magic) in 2012...guess Magic for M was off the table 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, V.K said:

From the Lisbon " cabaret singer " footage and the previews / voice over of "Medellin" video it sounds like the project is gonna be semi autobiographical , totally blurring the lines between reality and fiction ....creamy smooth avant garde pop icon goddess :dramatic::dramatic::dramatic:

This is what I have been thinking. I'm glad someone else shares the same assumption.😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

I love Medellín because it sounds fresh, tropical, and it really makes me shake my ass, I would cut around 1minute from the song but the radio edit will do that.

I’m so excited for this album!

 

I’m excited for this álbum too.. 

i like Medellin although I do not see it as the first single. 

I do not like Maluma.  among other things he takes collaborations every two days.

Two days ago he released a new video with Becky g (the answer).  that may be more successful than Medellin.

https://www.google.es/amp/s/www.cadenadial.com/2019/becky-g-maluma-la-respuesta-152724.html/amp

song that aims to break with stereotypes.

for you Reggeton will be fresh and new.  here in Spain we've been listening to Reggeton for seven years, 

It is very popular among young people, however there is another type of audience more adult than when we go out to parties we avoid the premises where Reggeton sounds.

Although Medellin I like more and more I do not know if on radios and young people are going to give it a chance.

I here in Spain have not heard it on the radio, and I think that here could be a great success of the summer .. if they make .. time will tell.

I find it difficult for Medellin to have a good reception in non-Latin markets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She...her team managed to keep so well under wraps everything about the album this time ...kind of very special the anticipation...allowing us to dream and speculate...
Me I dream to see her doing again the red carpet in Cannes during the film festival....there she always looked iconic, while she promoted her (movie and charity) related projects. I can really see her contributing with a song to the soundtrack of a movie that would premiere before her album...so huge media exposure plus additional potential for later movie  awards (Oscar/Globes best song).

Precisely I feel that the new Ira Sachs movie “Frankie” with Isabelle Huppert has high potential to land on the list of the best movies of 2019.

This movie was shot entirely in Sintra Portugal...and has the plot around an foreign famous actress....and her family in...Portugal.

https://thefilmstage.com/news/first-look-at-isabelle-huppert-in-ira-sachs-frankie/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, rebelgirl said:

 

I’m excited for this álbum too.. 

i like Medellin although I do not see it as the first single. 

I do not like Maluma.  among other things he takes collaborations every two days.

Two days ago he released a new video with Becky g (the answer).  that may be more successful than Medellin.

https://www.google.es/amp/s/www.cadenadial.com/2019/becky-g-maluma-la-respuesta-152724.html/amp

song that aims to break with stereotypes.

for you Reggeton will be fresh and new.  here in Spain we've been listening to Reggeton for seven years, 

It is very popular among young people, however there is another type of audience more adult than when we go out to parties we avoid the premises where Reggeton sounds.

Although Medellin I like more and more I do not know if on radios and young people are going to give it a chance.

I here in Spain have not heard it on the radio, and I think that here could be a great success of the summer .. if they make .. time will tell.

I find it difficult for Medellin to have a good reception in non-Latin markets.

All my friends, younger and older ones, said the song is weak from a first come-back single after 4 years. I don't dislike it, I love the chorus very much, but I am sure this is happening because of the verses: they are too slow compared to the chorus and bridge. It's like a disconnection of the track. But anyway, hope that the 2nd single will be stronger. Maybe this is a strategy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

All my friends, younger and older ones, said the song is weak from a first come-back single after 4 years. I don't dislike it, I love the chorus very much, but I am sure this is happening because of the verses: they are too slow compared to the chorus and bridge. It's like a disconnection of the track. But anyway, hope that the 2nd single will be stronger. Maybe this is a strategy. 

Your friends are all wrong.  Just saying.  I love the song.  It is fresh and modern and above everything else.... fun.  I love Fundonna.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

All my friends, younger and older ones, said the song is weak from a first come-back single after 4 years. I don't dislike it, I love the chorus very much, but I am sure this is happening because of the verses: they are too slow compared to the chorus and bridge. It's like a disconnection of the track. But anyway, hope that the 2nd single will be stronger. Maybe this is a strategy. 

All MY friends love the track and can’t get enough of it. The verses are actually my favorite part, as her voice is super suave, clear and dreamy. It’s meant to be a half chill, half upbeat song. If you don’t get it, that’s not the song’s fault. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Katypatra said:

All MY friends love the track and can’t get enough of it. The verses are actually my favorite part, as her voice is super suave, clear and dreamy. It’s meant to be a half chill, half upbeat song. If you don’t get it, that’s not the song’s fault. 

👏 👏 :clap:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

Your friends are all wrong.  Just saying.  I love the song.  It is fresh and modern and above everything else.... fun.  I love Fundonna.  

It’s always the same excuse with him and his ‘friends’, nothing new.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

All MY friends love the track and can’t get enough of it. The verses are actually my favorite part, as her voice is super suave, clear and dreamy. It’s meant to be a half chill, half upbeat song. If you don’t get it, that’s not the song’s fault. 

I am so happy to hear this. I am listening to the song daily and don't get bored of it. It's so chill and fresh. I love her voice even with the autotune, but it's soft and sexy. Hope the video will bring more attention to the song. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

Do you have a problem with me or what? 😳

Some of my friends liked it but many didn’t either. Some people are just rude and can’t handle different views. There’s nothing wrong with you having some friends that didn’t like it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

All my friends, younger and older ones, said the song is weak from a first come-back single after 4 years. I don't dislike it, I love the chorus very much, but I am sure this is happening because of the verses: they are too slow compared to the chorus and bridge. It's like a disconnection of the track. But anyway, hope that the 2nd single will be stronger. Maybe this is a strategy. 

I am getting similar reactions to people I know and friends. They are having trouble getting into the song. I encourage them to hear a few times because I know it grows people- but it is not all instant- it starts to get instant the second half of the song. It is an excellent track, I love the lyrics, the production and I can see why it is long- that last verse has a resolution which then sets off the crescendo of the song to the end. The song really picks up after the second verse, the beat on the chorus is amazing. The 1-2 Cha cha part is so infectious and it stays in your head. As a single and as an introductory track to casual fans and general public it is just slightly harder for people to just love it. The second chorus iteration should have been there from the beginning. The incredible outro part at the end also should have been there from the beginning. A more steady beat from the beginning would be good. But these are all opinions- I respect M's choices.

One last thing is I am native english and spanish speaker. While the 1 /2 cha cha cha i cant get out of my head at all AND I LOVE THAT and can remember the verses: It is tricky to figure out the lyrics to the chorus and bridge- there is just a bit too much going on. As someone said maybe if it was just M that could have helped. And for a pop song lyrics and melody need to stick like one. 

Having said all this- this could be a hit if people get behind it. Whoever thought Frozen would be the hit that it was with the production? It was so unique at the time for radio (of course the industry and M's radio support was different). So I love that she is doing her thing and not just doing a generic sing a long song. Barebones there is an amazing song she could sing with a guitar and thats whats important. I think this song will be brilliant in the context of the album and in the live show. It is an amazing opening song to get people riled up for a show. The video and live performance will help so much for its popularity. It has that euphoric feel in a very M way that some of her best choruses have (Candy Shop, Vogue, etc) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Eltacubo said:

I am getting similar reactions to people I know and friends. They are having trouble getting into the song. I encourage them to hear a few times because I know it grows people- but it is not all instant- it starts to get instant the second half of the song. It is an excellent track, I love the lyrics, the production and I can see why it is long- that last verse has a resolution which then sets off the crescendo of the song to the end. The song really picks up after the second verse, the beat on the chorus is amazing. The 1-2 Cha cha part is so infectious and it stays in your head. As a single and as an introductory track to casual fans and general public it is just slightly harder for people to just love it. The second chorus iteration should have been there from the beginning. The incredible outro part at the end also should have been there from the beginning. A more steady beat from the beginning would be good. But these are all opinions- I respect M's choices.

One last thing is I am native english and spanish speaker. While the 1 /2 cha cha cha i cant get out of my head at all AND I LOVE THAT and can remember the verses: It is tricky to figure out the lyrics to the chorus and bridge- there is just a bit too much going on. As someone said maybe if it was just M that could have helped. And for a pop song lyrics and melody need to stick like one. 

Having said all this- this could be a hit if people get behind it. Whoever thought Frozen would be the hit that it was with the production? It was so unique at the time for radio (of course the industry and M's radio support was different). So I love that she is doing her thing and not just doing a generic sing a long song. Barebones there is an amazing song she could sing with a guitar and thats whats important. I think this song will be brilliant in the context of the album and in the live show. It is an amazing opening song to get people riled up for a show. The video and live performance will help so much for its popularity. It has that euphoric feel in a very M way that some of her best choruses have (Candy Shop, Vogue, etc) 

Perfectly described. 100% same situation here, but in less words...

On the other hand, I joined this forum in 2007... From one year to another, it seems that sometimes you can't express your feelings or share all kind of things here, if they are not absolutely 100% pro-Madonna. Strange to see most of her fans evolving in older bitchy queens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some people really need to save this sanctimonious "can't say anything negative" crap. Y'all have been shit talking her for years. Fact of the matter is that she has released a song that has been VERY well received thus far and the first thing that you do is come in to kill the party.

Let the fans enjoy this moment instead of negating it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...