M14 updates 3

2 hours ago, Danny Bubbles said:

Dont bite my head off for saying this but is it only me that is starting to get irritated and slightly resentful about the delay... i dont think its great to be posting 'Coming soon' when it isn't coming for months and months and months. I miss the days when you had no idea other than 'Next spring an album will come out' a year in advance. The not knowing if its this year or not is bugging me. I feel the excitement is being tested and strung out. Would have been better if we didnt know anything at all until 3 months before. This feels like limbo.

We don't even know what stage the album is in at the moment. She may not even be done recording yet. We never received a confirmation that it was being mixed and mastered yet. So yes, it is still "coming soon." 🙂

Yes agree with all the above , it costs nothing to create some positive buzz like mentioned here . Does she have a team at all ?? Even a cliche style of releasing a letter a week on her insta with no hashtags and it reveals th entitle ofnthe album or release date etc . SOMETHING!!

10 minutes ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

We should support her on spotify. Of course we can buy physical things, but unfortunalety time has changed.

I don’t like Spotify, sorry. It’s hard to create playlists there or add your own music and make it available on other devices. Plus, iTunes is a lot more organized and has a clean look. iTunes is also more predominant when it comes to charts. So buy the album on iTunes and also stream the album on Apple play! 

Physical is more effective anyway..  It apparently takes 1,500 Spotify streams to count as 1 album sale, while buying the physical album is already 1 sale on its own.

I think the best way is to buy the album but listen to it via Spotify or whatever streaming service you use

39 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

No she didnt say this year. The editor of vogue (I think) said this year. A single can come out in the next two months easily.

But surly the editor of Vogue would of got the information from Madonna and/or her team?

They wouldn’t just decide to make it up?

16 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

Physical is more effective anyway..  It apparently takes 1,500 Spotify streams to count as 1 album sale, while buying the physical album is already 1 sale on its own.

I think the best way is to buy the album but listen to it via Spotify or whatever streaming service you use

The 1500 is in the UK and its for single sales not albums. In the US every 10 plays of songs off an album counts as a sale. (Whether its from one song or multiple) 

but yes you are right buy physical and then stream off Spotify, Tidal, or Apple Music

16 minutes ago, Confessit said:

But surly the editor of Vogue would of got the information from Madonna and/or her team?

They wouldn’t just decide to make it up?

Most likely but if it doesnt come we will see people blaming Madonna for "lying" even though we never heard from her. Although on kelly and ryan she did say 2018 she was coming. Though that could be taken as anything.

2 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Most likely but if it doesnt come we will see people blaming Madonna for "lying" even though we never heard from her. Although on kelly and ryan she did say 2018 she was coming. Though that could be taken as anything.

That meant MDNA skin..

2 hours ago, Butter9 said:

I thought she said it was ...THIS YEAR ? 

It's already September ...

Yes and the first time she used #soon was six months ago. She gotta stop that bs.

1 hour ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

The 1500 is in the UK and its for single sales not albums. In the US every 10 plays of songs off an album counts as a sale. (Whether its from one song or multiple) 

but yes you are right buy physical and then stream off Spotify, Tidal, or Apple Music

Streaming rules in both countries changed this year to give more weight to paid streams than free ones and is set to get even more complicated in 2019.

1,250 streams is the minimum no. needed for 1 album sale in the US - on a paid platform like Spotify premium.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/musics-new-chart-rules-care-a-lot-about-whether-youre-paying-to-listen-628957/

1 minute ago, animalinstinct said:

So she must be back in work mode if she’s back in London.

M, treat yourself to some new jeans babe...

And to think that those jeans must cost more than my bi-weekly paycheck!!

28 minutes ago, Kim said:

Streaming rules in both countries changed this year to give more weight to paid streams than free ones and is set to get even more complicated in 2019.

1,250 streams is the minimum no. needed for 1 album sale in the US - on a paid platform like Spotify premium.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/musics-new-chart-rules-care-a-lot-about-whether-youre-paying-to-listen-628957/

I forgot it changed. Its so confusing. Either way I pay for Spotify so i can help Madonna out that way I guess.

2 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

''1,500 on-demand audio and/or video streams from the album count as 1 Unit for certification purposes.''

Not sure if it's changed recently, but this is my source...

http://www.riaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ALBUM-AWARD-RIAA-AND-GRF-CERTIFICATION-AUDIT-REQUIREMENTS.pdf

Having said that I'd be quite pleased if it is indeed 10 streams = 1 album sale

4 hours ago, Danny Bubbles said:

Daily Mail reporting her arriving in London. We can only hope its for photoshoots and interviews and marketing meetings etc!!!

If she's going in to do more recording then it's coming out 2019.

5 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

''1,500 on-demand audio and/or video streams from the album count as 1 Unit for certification purposes.''

Not sure if it's changed recently, but this is my source...

http://www.riaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ALBUM-AWARD-RIAA-AND-GRF-CERTIFICATION-AUDIT-REQUIREMENTS.pdf

Having said that I'd be quite pleased if it is indeed 10 streams = 1 album sale

Yeah I was wrong. Its 10 sales of a track i think not streams.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/chart-beat/8464342/drake-scorpion-debut-no1-billboard-200-chart-sets-streaming-record

This article breaks it down.

10 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I forgot it changed. Its so confusing. Either way I pay for Spotify so i can help Madonna out that way I guess.

I'm just wondering if it'll turn out better for an older artist now points/streams from paid services are worth three times as much as the free equivalent - seeing as our demographic are more likely to pay versus young stans streaming their faves all day and getting less for it now.

15 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Yes 10 streams = 1 single song sold.

No.

This forum used to be full of chart experts. Where are you?

8 minutes ago, Suedey said:

I've still got Into The Groove on a streaming loop on my PAID Spotify bitches!! 

which it turns out is doing no good whatsoever (as explained in that thread)

23 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Yes 10 streams = 1 single song sold.

Anyway everything helps Spotify, iTunes, YouTube, physical, tidal or Apple Music.

She must hit that #1 album in the USA 

Anything after ten streams in one day will no longer count, to avoid the charts being fixed.

So basically let’s stream ‘Into The Groove’ ten times a day until we hit a million