Suspect in Grindr serial killing faces charges from victims who lived

Guest Mauro

Guest Mauro

web-stephen-port-500x375.jpg

Stephen Port, charged in 2015 with the murder of four gay men, faces 17 new charges relating to the drugging and sexual assault of eight more men.

A London man arrested last October on charges he murdered four men he met on gay dating sites is now facing charges of rape, poisoning, and sexual assault charges against eight other men — all of who are still living, the BBC reports.

Stephen Port, 41, is charged with luring men on gay dating websites and apps, drugging them with a deadly dose of the narcotic sedative GHB, and sexually assaulting them. He initially faced charges in the killings of four men: 23-year-old Anthony Patrick Walgate, 22-year-old Gabriel Kovari, 21-year-old Daniel Whitworth, and 25-year-old Jack Taylor. All of the men’s bodies were found between June 2014 and September 2015.

Law enforcement initially failed to see the cases as connected — despite the fact that the victims were gay men between the ages of 21 and 25, dosed with GHB, and found over the course of 14 months — drawing criticism from friends and community members. Once that connection was made, however, police reached out directly to the LGBTQ community.

According to The Independent, Port faces 17 new charges, bringing the total to 24:

Under the 17 new charges, against alleged victims who cannot be named for legal reasons, Port is charged with seven counts of rape involving five men. He faces six new charges of administering a substance with the intention of overpowering a man so as to engage in non-consensual sexual activity. He also faces four charges of assault by penetration involving the use of an object, which in three cases was said to have been a syringe.

The new charges start as far back as August 2011, with the most recent alleged offense occurring in October 2015, just days before Port was arrested for murder.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/07/grindr-serial-killer-faces-new-charges-eight-victims-lived/

I hope everyone on this board reads this (men, women, LGBT, straight).

NEVER trust anyone you don't know VERY well.

DO not accept a drink that you have not seen being poured by a bartender straight to your lips (or a drink made by your untrusted date outside of your view).

There are BAD people out there. Thank God I had good friends who helped me out when I was duped about 15 years ago.

Guest Mauro

I don't understand people who use Grindr or Tinder, or anything of the sort. It's the perfect way to get murdered. My god, it's a gay basher's wet dream. Then there was the Craigslist killer.

I don't understand people who use Grindr or Tinder, or anything of the sort. It's the perfect way to get murdered. My god, it's a gay basher's wet dream. Then there was the Craigslist killer.

Yes, but even meeting someone at a bar can end in the same circumstance. It's not just apps.

you haven't been to a stranger's place ever or are you pulling my leg? :lol::lol::lol:

Me, being almost like a nun, had gone several times, and strangers have come to my house.

I have. If I die, I die. Whatever. I'm not going to let such extremely isolated cases deter me from getting fucked.

Guest Pud Whacker

I have. If I die, I die. Whatever. I'm not going to let such extremely isolated cases deter me from getting fucked.

Not after a fresh NAIR!!!

Man, those detectives were real super sleuths... :doh:

More like casual homophobia.

I'm sorry but this is really weird. This guy is a serial killer and has injured quite a few more but it's really not known here. This is the first time I've heard about it but serial killers in the UK are really rare. I can't believe this case isn't much bigger.

Perhaps all the terrorism over the last year or so has overshadowed this.

Guest Rachelle of London

I'm sorry but this is really weird. This guy is a serial killer and has injured quite a few more but it's really not known here. This is the first time I've heard about it but serial killers in the UK are really rare. I can't believe this case isn't much bigger.

Perhaps all the terrorism over the last year or so has overshadowed this.

Jonski. My friend was beaten to death outside his house last summer in Bradford by a gang of homophobes. It was only in the local newspaper. One article.

There was also a person using Grindr in south London and going around beating men to a pulp. Meeting them in Wimbledon Common. Nothing.

It's blatant homophobia. Blatant.

Guest Pud Whacker

Jack The Ripper only THE BIGGEST SERIAL KILLER OF ALLTIME!!!

Jonski. My friend was beaten to death outside his house last summer in Bradford by a gang of homophobes. It was only in the local newspaper. One article.

There was also a person using Grindr in south London and going around beating men to a pulp. Meeting them in Wimbledon Common. Nothing.

It's blatant homophobia. Blatant.

Really? That's shocking and awful. I thought things were generally getting better especially as the UK media is often considered very left wing week so very pro LGBT etc.

Everything feels like it's going backwards this year.

Guest Rachelle of London

Really? That's shocking and awful. I thought things were generally getting better especially as the UK media is often considered very left wing week so very pro LGBT etc.

Everything feels like it's going backwards this year.

Yup. And a lot of it is to Do with culture clash as well. A lot of these homophobic cases are from people who aren't familiar with British culture. That is on the rise ten fold.

I've always said that the more progression there seems to be the less it actually is.

Yup. And a lot of it is to Do with culture clash as well. A lot of these homophobic cases are from people who aren't familiar with British culture. That is on the rise ten fold.

I've always said that the more progression there seems to be the less it actually is.

Yes, it was the same with the Rotherham child abuse cases. They didn't want to call out any minorities for fear of offending communities but the abusers seem to be from a distinct part of Pakistan/Afghansitan. 1400 children abused there and we've had similar with 300 abused.

I get that they think it will lead to discrimination but it's worse in the long run when there's a backlash.