Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

What does it mean when they say dollar to the pound? Please someone explain.

Just on the news here it said the anti establishment mindset has crossed the Atlantic.

Anti establishment is just one spoke on the wheel. Trump's movement is based on nationalism first and foremost. And all the bigoted human dung that comes along with that. People in the UK will have to decide if they see themselves as having any shared ground with that.

The EU (apart from Germany) isn't really an economic powerhouse any way. What would be different?

Germany has a bigger economy than the UK, and it still has the rest of the EU backing it. What made the UK successful as an international economic and financial center was its ability to deal freely with the rest of the EU countries. Separate from the EU, it's going to have to face a lot more trade and financial regulations, tariffs (VAT anyone?) and other political pushback than it has enjoyed as part of the whole.

What's different is the UK is now going to be on the sidelines and forced to follow the rules of the EU if it wants to still do ANY business at all without having the political power to influence decision making about those regulations.

Guest Mauro

Well I'll still have a while yet, it's amazing the amount of people who don't realize the years of red tape they've just wrapped the country in. I wonder how long before those London monuments get cleared of all the immigrants?

Clearly you do care as it's the very first post you made this morning. One would have thought you'd have bigger things on your mind.

Yeah I'm thankful to have a left of centre government that provides those things for its people. You missed out free personal care for the elderly and free childcare. How's the Tories working out for ya?

Kim, what country are you in?

It's not exactly fabulous for your economy. That's not likely to parse itself out very gracefully. And the same movement that has produced Trump has a lot of overtones with Brexit. So.... yeah. May not be doomsday but it's certainly not awesome. And could very well wind up as temporary doomsday.

Honey the pound was boosted like fuck yesterday. Now it and the Euro are BOTH losing value against the dollar. That's due to instant economic uncertainty. As soon as confidence rebuilds and people realise the Earth suddenly isn't flat everything will be okay.

If Europe are saying that they're going to send ex pats back home...well...😂😂😂😂

Guest Rachelle of London

Well I'll still have a while yet, it's amazing the amount of people who don't realize the years of red tape they've just wrapped the country in. I wonder how long before those London monuments get cleared of all the immigrants?

Clearly you do care as it's the very first post you made this morning. One would have thought you'd have bigger things on your mind.

Yeah I'm thankful to have a left of centre government that provides those things for its people. You missed out free personal care for the elderly and free childcare. How's the Tories working out for ya?

I never voted Tory. Never have done and for the foreseeable future never will. That is why it's wrong to assume. the Scottish people have a better deal than us down in England yet STILL complaining. bore off

Guest Mauro

Germany has a bigger economy than the UK, and it still has the rest of the EU backing it. What made the UK successful as an international economic and financial center was its ability to deal freely with the rest of the EU countries. Separate from the EU, it's going to have to face a lot more trade and financial regulations, tariffs (VAT anyone?) and other political pushback than it has enjoyed as part of the whole.

What's different is the UK is now going to be on the sidelines and forced to follow the rules of the EU if it wants to still do ANY business at all without having the political power to influence decision making about those regulations.

The irony.

Lol what a joke. Britain's resurgence? Britain's FUCKED now. What an abomination and a disappointment.

Sadly it's true. But the thing is, all along they wanted to use this as the perfect excuse to justify the triggering of a second manufactured financial collapse. It will make 2008 seem like a walk in the park. I am still appreciative of the fact that 48% of British voters were sensitive enough to understand what the implications now are

Watch the City Of London's "gambling privileges" (entire UK economy as of now, thanks to people like Thatcher) being savagely butchered. When I read some of the comments in this thread it makes me realise how deluded some people living there are.

Anyway like I said this is not about the EU being a good thing but about how those that voted against the EU seem to really believe they are now "freer". LOL. In the kind of world we live in, looking at the bigger picture, economically and militarily, it's a decision that makes absolutely no sense.

Yikes.

You REALLY don't get.

Enlighten me and in a week or so I will delight in bringing uo this doomsday drama as...nothing but drama. :queenbitch:

Guest Rachelle of London

All of us UK people better make ebay accounts and etsy accounts, paypal too so we can get some money back into our country. We will be the most powerful empire on earth eventually. Just give us a few days :lol: Peggy Mitchell ain't even been buried yet.

:dead:

Poor Peggy. They can't afford a funeral because the pound has fallen so far.

Honey the pound was boosted like fuck yesterday. Now it and the Euro are BOTH losing value against the dollar. That's due to instant economic uncertainty. As soon as confidence rebuilds and people realise the Earth suddenly isn't flat everything will be okay.

Uh no, both the pound and the Euro are losing value against all other currencies not because of economic uncertainty but because they've committed economic and political suicide by voluntarily demolishing their political and economic standing in the world. :doh:

Confidence isn't going to rebuild any time soon.

I never voted Tory. Never have done and for the foreseeable future never will. That is why it's wrong to assume. the Scottish people have a better deal than us down in England yet STILL complaining. bore off

I buy Irn Bru. I support the :scotland: market.

Sadly it's true. But the thing is, all along they wanted to use this as the perfect excuse to justify the triggering of a second manufactured financial collapse. It will make 2008 seem like a walk in the park. I am still appreciative of the fact that 48% of British voters were sensitive enough to understand what the implications now are

Watch the City Of London's "gambling privileges" (entire UK economy as of now, thanks to people like Thatcher) being savagely butchered. When I read some of the comments in this thread it makes me realise how deluded some people living there are.

Anyway like I said this is not about the EU being a good thing but about how those that voted against the EU seem to really believe they are now "freer". LOL. In the kind of world we live in, looking at the bigger picture, economically and militarily, it's a decision that makes absolutely no sense.

What is this going to do to London as the world's global financial center? It boasted that title over New York. Now what? Kiss that goodbye I guess? All these questions.

Uh no, both the pound and the Euro are losing value against all other currencies not because of economic uncertainty but because they've committed economic and political suicide by voluntarily demolishing their political and economic standing in the world. :doh:

Confidence isn't going to rebuild any time soon.

Can you show me some evidence of this?

Guest Rachelle of London

I buy Irn Bru. I support the :scotland: market.

Irn Bru is made just outside Manchester. :rotfl: you're supporting the Greater Manchester market Hun

I'm in shock. Don't think anyone really expected this. 2016 really is the worst year.

From what I heard a while back, the EU want us out in two years and Scotland would have to reapply to join the EU.

I'm really sad about this.

Guest Pud Whacker

Writing words, words! You've made a rope of words and

strangled this businessl

But there is a microphone right there to catch

the last gurgles,

and Technicolor to photograph the red, swollen tongue!

What is this going to do to London as the world's global financial center? It boasted that title over New York. Now what? Kiss that goodbye I guess? All these questions.

Somebody hold me.

I'm in shock. Don't think anyone really expected this. 2016 really is the worst year.

From what I heard a while back, the EU want us out in two years and Scotland would have to reapply to join the EU.

I'm really sad about this.

I'm in shock too. I didn't think it would actually happen. Fuck me for not pulling all of my money out.

My trains this morning are delayed. The collapse is real.

My toast got burned. #shouldhavevoted #doomsday #ukhasfallen

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Kim, what country are you in?

:scotland:

If you don't like something, change it. That's exactly what Scotland did after years of voting for Labour and getting nowhere. Who's moaning? Some would like FULL fiscal and economic control of their own country's affairs, simple as that. And the result today is yet ANOTHER indication of the disparity. That provincial parts of England just chose a wrong and very damaging avenue to send a message to the "establishment". Good for them, but wrong move.

The public shouldn't be made to feel bad for this, whatever money we loose it's the governments fault. The public voted this way because they had had enough I think.

Our governments have totally ruined our country, our healthcare, our homes, our jobs. Life long Londoners can't afford to live or rent here anymore. There is a reason certain parts of the country voted out over others. It hasn't been glorious Britain for a long time sadly, and the E.U. offered no refuge to those who felt lost already. In my opinion.

Pud in tha house.

You want guns and you're gonna vote for some orange oaf named Donald. Nobody trusts your Political opinion.