Christians having a little protest at Madonna's concert

Nikki

Uhm, you pick on me in this uneducated way and tell me I mock history? I'm sorry but you are deluded. You also attack me wrongly beacuse I never said there has never been any Christian martyrs. What I SAID was that the feeding of christians, to the lions in the Colosseum is a MYTH that sprang up long after it was used for gladitorial combats and executions. I will take the classes of archeology professors in Rome, Italy over your words. There are NO ancient sources that mentions christians in the Colosseum, you can write to your nearest archeological department and ask.

Magic tricks, heh? What do you call turning wine into blood and biscuits into Jesus flesh..? You are rambling, of course christianity has a lot to say on our history. But it is by sheer luck that Constantine made it a state religion, there were many other salvation religions and cults around (several also influenced christianity a lot).

You don't seem to be aware of the bloodstained history parallell to the nice bits of christianity, or the repression, enslavement etc. Its sad that you think science is a christian invention, or indeed human kindness.

Oh, what would we have accomplished in society if we hadnt rediscovered the ancient philosophers and mathemathicians thanks to both the christian renaissance and the muslim arab scholars? Thats the more correct sentence. Science and knowledge was not exactly encouraged by the church, poor Giordano Bruno..

Don't be such a fucking jerk to tell me about holocaust, two of my great uncles were sent to a german concentration camp you fucking idiot!

Good point true blue.

See?? Thats why religion is so stupid and delusional.

Useless and idiotic.

No god.

Only science wins over religion. Delusion is religion.

Uhm, you pick on me in this uneducated way and tell me I mock history? I'm sorry but you are deluded. You also attack me wrongly beacuse I never said there has never been any Christian martyrs. What I SAID was that the feeding of christians, to the lions in the Colosseum is a MYTH that sprang up long after it was used for gladitorial combats and executions. I will take the classes of archeology professors in Rome, Italy over your words. There are NO ancient sources that mentions christians in the Colosseum, you can write to your nearest archeological department and ask.

Magic tricks, heh? What do you call turning wine into blood and biscuits into Jesus flesh..? You are rambling, of course christianity has a lot to say on our history. But it is by sheer luck that Constantine made it a state religion, there were many other salvation religions and cults around (several also influenced christianity a lot).

You don't seem to be aware of the bloodstained history parallell to the nice bits of christianity, or the repression, enslavement etc. Its sad that you think science is a christian invention, or indeed human kindness.

Oh, what would we have accomplished in society if we hadnt rediscovered the ancient philosophers and mathemathicians thanks to both the christian renaissance and the muslim arab scholars? Thats the more correct sentence. Science and knowledge was not exactly encouraged by the church, poor Giordano Bruno..

Don't be such a fucking jerk to tell me about holocaust, two of my great uncles were sent to a german concentration camp you fucking idiot!

First I didn't attack you and I am sorry if it came across that way.

Second yes the feeding of Christians to the lions or gladiators and all sorts is real. Don't see how an archaeologist can say it didn't happen when it's a well known fact the Romans persecuted Christians. Have you ever heard of the Catacombs in Rome? Even in the collosseum prisons there are still writings and drawings of Christians about to get fed to beasts or soldiers. And it wasn't just in Rome but everywhere in the known world! There's plenty of evidence of it so you're not going to change my mind over that.

Second comparing all sort of superstitions that were going on BC to the belief that we are going to achieve eternal life by sharing a meal together in memory of Jesus is nothing compared to the atrocities people used to do in those times due to their religion system. I mean they used to sacrifice even their own kids for the sake of their gods.. Jesus's idea was you don't need to sacrifice yourself for God. I did it for you.. All you should do is to remind yourself and God of it. You can't argue with that if you were born in those times. That was true salvation! And there was a lot of ancient beliefs and laws you would be appalled just by listening to them. Some would castrate themselves for their gods.. Some would drink poisons.. Honest, please, don't even go there... the old world BC it truly was a nasty dark place! Let's not forget the way people would live. Fear and hate all around!

Everything changed with Christianity! Yes it did take a while for everybody to find the way but at least society was starting to shape into a group of people who would do something for their community. People would see killing and robbing and raping as sins instead of thriving on those things. Slavery would soon be abolished. Hospital and care for less fortunate people would be introduced. Just because they had strict views on sexuality ( and I can explain to you why God let that happen but it's another subject altogether) that doesn't mean it was all bad. It was still a plan of God after all. Just denying Christianity as a salvation for mankind is crazy.

Maybe you don't believe in God or maybe you just have negative ideas on the church but that shouldn't make you rewrite history. Yes the church brought along bad things as well and I'm not denying that but looking at the big picture we can see how everything was part of a big plan. Just imagine if Christianty never existed for one second.. What would it have happened to the world? Where people would get the idea of love in the first place? Because Jesus only said Love one another.. Love your enemy. You can't falter that. Like it or not!

To actual answer your points it wasn't sheer luck Constatine converted to Christianity. There was signs and yes some of them were of supernatural nature. You can google it..

Going specifically on the science bit yes the church condemned science at first but how would you explain the first biggest scientific discoveries came about in church schools? Or academies? These people were religious as well by the way. Funny how scientists now are atheist and mock the idea of God but back then these people who truly changed the world with their discoveries were all religious and some of them became saints actually. You can google that!

Your points are only a bitter way to downgrade Christiany and the church as I said you can moan about it for the rest of your life.. It's not going to change history! People today only see religions for the "bad" things it apparently brought to us or still bringing to us. Maybe we can start looking at it differently. Hystorically speaking it was the best thing it could have possibly happened to humanity in those days.. If all of us truly lived as Christians the world would be one! We would all be united and achieve the goal of humankind:

May All Be One...Jesus was the first to say that..

it's wonderful that we have so many interesting people here!I don't think here people think that all the christians are narrowminded...and as far as the coliseum goes,apparently when the romans ere killing christians,the coliseum was already out of use.

it's wonderful that we have so many interesting people here!I don't think here people think that all the christians are narrowminded...and as far as the coliseum goes,apparently when the romans ere killing christians,the coliseum was already out of use.

Yes and that is the beauty of everything. We can all share ideas and views but eventually we have to look for the truth. And the truth is inside of us.. All I've learned from Christianity is the basic principle that the kingdom of God is inside of us. All we have to do is to look for it. And obviously the ideal that God is love and that the project on all mankind is unity. Anything else is all down to personal speculation.

Any ways, a lot of Christians were killed in the collosseum. Here's a website giving you names and dates. http://www.tribunesandtriumphs.org/roman-empire/christian-persecution.htm