Mdna soundcheck stories

Guest Medoner

Guest Medoner

Mdna was my 1st time seeing M and i was spoiler free, had seen like 1 pic of her in the cheer outfit but thats it.

I go early, its a beautiful sunny summer day, everyone im on line with are really cool, stadiums sold out. The gates open and we all run in. Im inside the stadium in the back and i hear music and a crowd singing along and as i walk closer and closer to the stage and theres not this huge thing blocking my view anymore

-There she fucking was, and i couldnt believe it. The stage blew my mind and how wonderful she was just having a chat and throwing jokes with us. Id been waiting years to see her and thought i wouldnt see her for another 7 hours. I was just the happiest guy in the world

Weve all seen the vids of the soundchecks but whats your experience? Where were you, did you get to talk to her? Ahh memories

I attended the weirdest concert in Madonna's whole tours history: December 19, 2012.

Pouring rain that didn't stop for about 7 hours, Madonna in her worst mood and worst attitude towards her fans ever, The show was 30 minutes shorter.

Despite all of that, I was happy to see her for the second time and I didn't purchase the best ticket and my view was pretty amazing :smile:

So how exactly do you get into these soundchecks?

It's easy. But you have a lot of waiting around to do and you have to get there early. Depending on the artist, they'll let a few fans in for the sound check. I got in for Depeche Mode once at Wembley. I've been to lots sound checks for lots of bands. But, I've never tried for Madonna.

Some bands won't have it though....I tried for Duran Duran last week. My husband was part of the sound crew and he couldn't get me in.

Fluttering your eye lashes at the stage door guy helps too. Easy as piss.

In Copenhagen, doors opened an hour later than scheduled because M had arrived at the venue an hour late. Therefore, the soundcheck started only minutes before doors were supposed to open. In the end, we were let inside the stadium towards the end of the soundcheck.

I got to see M performing "Turn Up the Radio" and then an impromptu version of "Love Spent", which was M's very first time singing the song live. :drama:

oh wow, you don't even have to stay in your seats during sound check. I'm going to try and wait outside starting at 7-8am for the whole day at both of the Sydney shows.

That's what I love about Madonna. Despite reputation for having bitchy or moody attitude, she lets her fans in these sort of stuff and includes them in all sorts of activities. Something which many artists are guilty of not doing.

Guest Rachelle of London

London Hyde Park, we could hear her soundchecking and then they opened the gates and we all ran in, she was very chatty, didnt go through the songs in full apart form TUTR.

Guest Medoner

So how exactly do you get into these soundchecks?

Most acts dont play it in front of the real crowd so it doesnt happen all that often. Everyone who was there that early saw the soundcheck

oh wow, you don't even have to stay in your seats during sound check. I'm going to try and wait outside starting at 7-8am for the whole day at both of the Sydney shows.

That's what I love about Madonna. Despite reputation for having bitchy or moody attitude, she lets her fans in these sort of stuff and includes them in all sorts of activities. Something which many artists are guilty of not doing.

Only shows that have General Admission tickets allow people to watch the sound check. Absolutely no one will get to see the sound check in Australia, since there is no General Admission. Note that no one has reported watching the sound check at any of the shows so far - this will be the case for all shows that have allocated seating on the floor. Once the tour hits Europe next month, we'll start hearing reports of people watching the sound checks.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Martini.... :(

Only shows that have General Admission tickets allow people to watch the sound check. Absolutely no one will get to see the sound check in Australia, since there is no General Admission. Note that no one has reported watching the sound check at any of the shows so far - this will be the case for all shows that have allocated seating on the floor. Once the tour hits Europe next month, we'll start hearing reports of people watching the sound checks.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Martini.... :(

Gahhhhhhhhhhh stupid allocated seating. They should have done standard GA here in Aus, makes life so much easier for everyone.

I had early access in Edinburgh, as we came in she was doing Girl Gone Wild, she started chatting away. I seem to remember her doing Gang Bang in full and I Don't Give A.

She then did the baton bit from Express Yourself and spoke to the crowd beforehand, she was getting taught how to count in a Scottish accent. It was very funny. I remember she also did the rap from vogue and I think celebration. She may have done more but it's all a blur

If only she had done Like A Virgin and I'm Addicted during rehearsals, as it was rudely cut during the actual show. Not that I'm bitter

Huh? What happened^

She came on super late and had to be finished by 11pm, as it's pretty residential around the stadium she was playing. At the end of Human Nature she went under the stage and the interlude started.

Then she came out at went straight into Im A Sinner, I think she got told to cut them before Vogue because she was pretty pissed after that, where as before that she had been pretty chatty and light

I was at the soundcheck in DC and she was ranting about not being fat asses and making sure people in the seats were going to be standing all night and dancing.She was wearing victoria secret pink sweatpants...no make up. So cute :)

I remember seeing her in the pit(golden triangle) for MDNA. we were just chatting with fans while she was on there. it was so surreal. theres something about the golden triangle that makes seeing her so close being taken for granted. at least thats how it was with me and my friends. we knew she was up there but because everyone was in the triangle and secure of their spot, we didn't feel the need to go up close. don't get me wrong our eyes were staring at her lol. but there was less "need" to get so close to be able to touch her hand or some stuff like that, which I do think most fans have when the concert is starting. also, something about her looking normal and not dressed up takes some excitement away for me. compared to when i saw her the second night in the netherlands in a normal general admission place outside of the triangle, it felt more special. because it was 'harder" with everyone pushing and trying to reach her. she was just lovely :) but personally i do think it takes a little of the excitement away to see "madonna" when i just saw her in normal clothes hours before, lol. but I KNOW that's just ME.

Guest Medoner

I get what u mean Nikki! :)

Personally, i felt twice the excitement of seeing her for the very first time. The superstar and the woman. I was starstruck all that time. Mom called asking if i got in already and i was like yeah actually im looking at her right now lol

Ive always been a mix of heartbreak and happiness (mostly happiness though) when seeing someone i really look up to for the first time. You really cant know what theyre like, and it always feels weird to know so much about someone who doesnt know you exist. The soundcheck definitely made my experience the best of both worlds.

Guest Medoner

I attended the weirdest concert in Madonna's whole tours history: December 19, 2012.

Pouring rain that didn't stop for about 7 hours, Madonna in her worst mood and worst attitude towards her fans ever, The show was 30 minutes shorter.

Despite all of that, I was happy to see her for the second time and I didn't purchase the best ticket and my view was pretty amazing :smile:

Aww sorry to hear that. Glad the second time was great tho!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

She came on super late and had to be finished by 11pm, as it's pretty residential around the stadium she was playing. At the end of Human Nature she went under the stage and the interlude started.

Then she came out at went straight into Im A Sinner, I think she got told to cut them before Vogue because she was pretty pissed after that, where as before that she had been pretty chatty and light

at the end she gives the look of death

I think the only reason this happened so frequently is because she was always running late with this tour. She was in a vicious cycle and couldn't break it. Sound check would be going until almost time for the doors to open.

^yep there were never more soundchecks recorded than for this tour.

I think it would be surreal. seeing her without the stage make-up. in clothes that look uncomfortable. (billabong??) And not the porcelain skin that magazines always talk about.

In most of those recordings the people around her look a little worried and jumpy.

at the end she gives the look of death

Thats the one, she was so pissed off during like a prayer that she started to mop the floor with a towel as it was raining lighlty.

I'm sure she did it on purpose. She wanted people there.

During MDNA it happened mostly during the stadium shows, bar a few exceptions.

I was also Golden Triangle for MDNA (gracias H :inlove:) and she was rehearsing forever. It was so cool, yet so surreal. She did Express yourself in full twice I think, TUTR full, Celebration in full, I'm addicted and I think IDGA as well as others but I would have to look it up.

She was in brilliant mood, very chatty and funny. Kind of like how she is now during the show in between songs.

She made sure that the triangle was packed for the show, ordering her people to fill it up to capacity and she instructed us to sing and jump etc.

One of my most treasured Madonna experiences ever :wow:

We got to see the soundcheck in Gothenburg in 2012. I remember coming into the stadium (my first arena concert ever) and basically having an heart attack because I just saw Madonna there with her guitar.
She did I Don't Give A, during which we had eye contact a lot cause I was singing and dancing along like crazy and basically everyone else was busy standing still with their phones up in her face... A mess.

Then she went back to the main stage and did TUTR, chatted and sang an impromptu birthday song for a crew member.

Really made the concert experience even more amazing than it already was.

We got to see the soundcheck in Gothenburg in 2012. I remember coming into the stadium (my first arena concert ever) and basically having an heart attack because I just saw Madonna there with her guitar.

She did I Don't Give A, during which we had eye contact a lot cause I was singing and dancing along like crazy and basically everyone else was busy standing still with their phones up in her face... A mess.

Then she went back to the main stage and did TUTR, chatted and sang an impromptu birthday song for a crew member.

Really made the concert experience even more amazing than it already was.

Lol I was there too! Everyone went crazy when she and Emelie sang for that guy. I think he was a security guy?