For Spanish speakers. The day that LAP was premiered in Spain! The expectation!

karbatal

So Spanish TV RTVE uploads lots of old stuff and has uploaded the mitical musical program Rockopop, the very day that LAP was premiered! 3th March 1989.

They journalist recorded the piece in the evening, where it was premiered in record magazines, and people had gathered to watch it!!! Can you imagine? No YouTube, no Internet.. One of the most important videos of the 80s, and maybe the most influential, was premiered through loads and loads of record shops. There was no MTV or music channels in Spain.

Well, i just loved this program so much. I think i became a journalist because I admired the journalist from this video so much, Beatriz Pécker.

Oh, and Kylie performed in the program too and she is in the cap frame, hahahahaha. oh, the 80s.

Here is the link, the program starts with Madonna.

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/rockopop/rockopop-4-3-89/3228618/

So, after the vid is premiered, Beatriz asks the kids that had gone to watch the vid on the record shops. Here is what they think!

1. "Oh, it's a beautiful video and so full of originality!"

2. It's espectacular!

She asks then "and don't you think it's a bit irreverent, with that church and all that?" and the kid "oh well, it's espectacular"

then the next boy says "It's far better than Thriller". He's a big fan and has bought the 7" single, that was put on sale that very day. He has all albums and all that

The nex boy finds it again spectacular, "especially how it starts and how it ends"

the next gir loves the song a lot.

The next one is not escandalized at all.

I loved Rockopop so much, i used to wake up very early on the weekends just to watch the it, i almost died the day they showed their BAT coverage of the Gotheborg show!

Thank you for posting this!

So, after the vid is premiered, Beatriz asks the kids that had gone to watch the vid on the record shops. Here is what they think!

1. "Oh, it's a beautiful video and so full of originality!"

2. It's espectacular!

She asks then "and don't you think it's a bit irreverent, with that church and all that?" and the kid "oh well, it's espectacular"

then the next boy says "It's far better than Thriller". He's a big fan and has bought the 7" single, that was put on sale that very day. He has all albums and all that

The nex boy finds it again spectacular, "especially how it starts and how it ends"

the next gir loves the song a lot.

The next one is not escandalized at all.

I love how sweet those teenagers talking are :inlove:

You can tell they're enthralled by it all and so protective of her

Reminds me of that 9 year old girl interviewed outside of Rome's Flaminio Stadium during BAT:

"I really don't understand what their problem with her is, she's fantastic"

Love it, thanks for posting it

It should be put on youtube

I was just the same age back then. I was 13 to be 14 that March.

Almost everyone loved Madonna we all were fans! It was with Erotica when like 90% of those people moved to other aritsts. But during the 80s and until Erotica was released, almos all teenagers were in love with her!

I was just the same age back then. I was 13 to be 14 that March.

Almost everyone loved Madonna we all were fans! It was with Erotica when like 90% of those people moved to other aritsts. But during the 80s and until Erotica was released, almos all teenagers were in love with her!

true!

I loved rockopop too, it was my only information source during 1989!!!!!!! and they loved madonna!!!! I also remember when Express yourself´s video was premiered, Mecano were on the stage, they loved it too.I remember them saying that, even though LAP´s video was great, EY´s was better as a video...wonderful memories!

and the excitement before LAP appeared...I still remember one girl in my clas talking about the pepsi add!and I didn´t know anything about it!