Australia & NZ concerts: officially announced!

Apples388

https://www.livenation.com.au/artists/madonna

Madonna

Madonna announces first performances in Australia in over two decades & first ever appearance in New Zealand!

Madonna will make a historic return to Australia performing live for the first time in 23 years as well as her first ever shows in New Zealand, with her Rebel Heart Tour.

The tour will kick off at Vector Arena on March 5th and 6th in Auckland, followed by the Australian dates presented by Telstra Thanks® and including concerts on March 12th & 13th in Melbourne, March 19th & 20th in Sydney and March 26th & 27th in Brisbane.

Tickets and VIP Packages go on sale Monday, July 6th at 10am.

Icon is Madonna's official fan club. In celebration of Madonna's return visit to Australia, Icon will host a pre-sale for current registered Icon members. Lifetime Legacy members of Icon will receive first access to tickets and VIP Packages starting Tuesday, June 23rd at 10am local times. Members of Icon from Australia and New Zealand, registered before June 15th 2015, will receive a special code to access to Icon pre-sales beginning on June 23rd at 12-noon local times. Details athttp://www.madonna.com/

Madonna’s Rebel Heart Tour in Australia is presented by Telstra Thanks. Telstra Thanks will be offering customers the chance to jump the queue for tickets to the Australian leg of the Rebel Heart Tour through a pre-sale starting at Tuesday, June 30th at 11am and running until Thursday, July 2nd at 5pm. Telstra customers can register for a unique code NOW athttp://telstra.com/music.

In both New Zealand and Australia Citi® Cardholders will be eligible for a pre-sale opportunity beginning Wednesday, June 24th at 10am through Friday, June 26th at 5pm.

My Live Nation members can access tickets during the pre-sale commencing Friday July 3rd at 10am through Saturday, July 4th at 5pm. To register to be a My Live Nation member, go here:http://lvna.co/registerN

Is Sydney the only stadium show in the whole tour?

No, Stockholm is.

The Sydney shows aren't stadium shows. The venue is an 21,000 capacity indoor arena.

MADONNA has finally confirmed her first Australian tour since 1993.

The pop superstar will bring her Rebel Heart tour Down Under in March next year.

However despite the long wait she will only visit Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

And rather than stadiums, Madonna will play arenas, meaning tickets will be snapped up in seconds by her patient fans.

Madonnas first Australian visit in 23 years will see her based here for three weeks, so far only playing shows on consecutive weekends.

She will play Rod Laver Arena on Saturday March 12 and Sunday March 13. The tour then visits Allphones Arena in Sydney Saturday March 19 and Sunday March 20 then Brisbane Entertainment Centre Saturday March 26 and 27.

Playing indoor shows is keeping in line with the rest of the shows around the world, however fans will hope demand may see Madonna forced to add more dates in each city.

Tickets will go on sale 10am Monday July 6 through Ticketek.

Promoter Live Nation has yet to release ticket prices, however have confirmed VIP packages will be available for cashed-up local fans.

The Rebel Heart tour is already the most expensive of the year in overseas markets, moving Madonna ahead of Fleetwood Mac.

In the US platinum seats on the Rebel Heart tour sell for between $325 and $875, while the top price VIP package is around $1500 and includes a seat in the first three rows and access to a pre-show party where a DJ plays Madonnas greatest hits.

Australian audiences should familiarise themselves with Madonnas new album Rebel Heart.

Her last five tours, which have all bypassed Australia, have been far from greatest hits affairs.

They have seen the singer showcase the bulk of her latest album, with a handful of classics in favour of new material.

The Rebel Heart tour starts in Montreal on September 9, before heading throughout North America, the UK and Europe.

Rebel Heart became Madonnas 11th No. 1 album on the Australian charts in March. However a lack of radio support for singles Living for Love and Ghosttown has been put down to ageism by the 56 year old singer.

She released a star-studded video for new single, Bitch Im Madonna, last week.

Madonnas last tour in Australia was the Girlie Show in 1993, where she played to nearly 150,000 fans in Melbourne over three shows at the MCG, as well as three shows at the Sydney Cricket Ground and shows at Adelaide Oval and ANZ Stadium in Brisbane.

Promoters have unsuccessfully tried to woo Madonna back to Australia since she resumed regular touring with 2001s Drowned World tour. Since then world tours in 2001, 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2012 have all skipped Australia.

Her Sticky and Sweet tour in 2008/2009 became the highest grossing tour of all time for a solo artist while the 2012 MDNA tour was that years highest-selling tour.

Madonnas five tours with Live Nation have earned more than $1 billion and sold 7.8 million tickets.

If Madonna does add more shows to her Australian tour it is likely none will be on a Friday, with the singer reportedly following Jewish faith and upholding Shabbat each Friday night.

The Rebel Heart tour will also see Madonna play Auckland, her first show in New Zealand.

Madonna has previously cited clashes with her childrens schooling as why she has been unable to tour Australia, despite a series of petitions and an online backlash from disgruntled fans.

Son Rocco was a dancer on the MDNA tour, it is not known if her family will accompany her to Australia for the tour.

Madonna continues to be one of the most successful touring artists in history. Her shows are always legendary and we are thrilled to have her back on tour, Live Nation president Arthur Fogel said in a statement to announce the tour.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/madonna-to-tour-australia-in-march-2016/story-e6frfn29-1227408643025

The REALLY good news is there are tons of days in between these announced dates - which means plenty more shows will be added. At least that is what I suspect. NZ could get up to 2 more shows, and each Australian city could get up to 2 more as well. So exciting!!!

Guest Rachelle of London

Madonna will be spending at least 3 weeks down under. That's what Ipex said initially. I doubt he was lying about what he said by the looks of it what he said has all come true it was just delayed

Madonna will be spending at least 3 weeks down under. That's what Ipex said initially. I doubt he was lying about what he said by the looks of it what he said has all come true it was just delayed

Yep. Glad he was proven right.

On Live Nation it says ticket prices start at $99, I'm surprised cheap seats are that cheap as Elton John's lowest ones were $130...

I need to see Arena Maps and full pricing before I decide what I can afford LOL

Such great news to wake up to on a Monday morning! Now to start panicking about tickets!!

What's the likelihood of getting good tickets when they go on sale to the public on the 6th of July? I don't think I've got access to any of the four presages!! :(

I'm am going to vomit! I don't know how to coordinate all this :cries:

I pray for an easy process.

Someone, what's the ticket cap when going through icon presale?