"If we're gonna have censorship let's not have double standards"

XXL

" Why is it ok for a 10 year old to see someone's body being ripped to shreds or Sam Kinison spitting on Jessica Hahn, why aren't we going to deal with these issues, why is that ok and parents don't have a problem with that but they do have a problem with two consenting adults displaying affection for each other, regardless of their sex?"

:wow::inlove:

2 years later a phony, local, stuck up, rich white woman giving her views on Madonna and feminism

:rotfl:

It's interesting that it seems like he speaks of the the inclusion of sexuality in her art as a "thing." "Can we expect more along this line?." I don't recall exactly how he put it but she answers accordingly like "I don"t know." I mean many just can't get past the idea of something being more than just a thing. Can't they look deeper into something or what someone says? Be more mindful of thoughts and what someone might be trying to express rather then oh that's just their thing and what more can we expect?

She was the ONLY voice of reason back then. Nowadays it's ok to discuss those issues. Back then Madonna was the only famous and prominent person in the world who dared to talk about it. That's why some of us love her so much.

^

I think she's still the ONLY voice of reason today. Now we see all these pop tarts strutting their stuff or have sexual lyrics and being provocative but politically they never take a stand.

Even rappers and hip hop artists live in complete apathy of what's going on in the world. You'd expect black artists to voice an opinion on the "cops kill poor black men" controversy but I certainly haven't heard Beyoncé or Jay Z being outspoken about it.

They all jumped on the pro gay issue when it was nolonger an issue and they took all the praise by the ignorant and biased media but watch as soon as there's some sort of political or social controversy no one has anything to say... Everybody will be singing about the usual shit and laugh their way to the bank. All artists are good at today is to create divisions among fan bases. I'm appalled kids today have to be called a certain name as to show support to a particular singer. Even Madonna had to give in and use Rebel Hearts.. But unfortunately that's how it goes today and as these artists need a Twitter account in order to have a career so they need to give a name to their fans... It's pathetic!

All in all, Madonna's still doing her thing as she's constantly facing criticism connecting to age and her sexuality.. She's definitely one woman crusade in that.

Madonna has always been before her time on issues and taking a stand. She copped all of the abuse, hatred and controversy but stuck by her beliefs. Love how fearless and brave she has always been when knowing what she is doing and saying is the right thing.

^

I think she's still the ONLY voice of reason today. Now we see all these pop tarts strutting their stuff or have sexual lyrics and being provocative but politically they never take a stand.

Even rappers and hip hop artists live in complete apathy of what's going on in the world. You'd expect black artists to voice an opinion on the "cops kill poor black men" controversy but I certainly haven't heard Beyoncé or Jay Z being outspoken about it.

They all jumped on the pro gay issue when it was nolonger an issue and they took all the praise by the ignorant and biased media but watch as soon as there's some sort of political or social controversy no one has anything to say... Everybody will be singing about the usual shit and laugh their way to the bank. All artists are good at today is to create divisions among fan bases. I'm appalled kids today have to be called a certain name as to show support to a particular singer. Even Madonna had to give in and use Rebel Hearts.. But unfortunately that's how it goes today and as these artists need a Twitter account in order to have a career so they need to give a name to their fans... It's pathetic!

All in all, Madonna's still doing her thing as she's constantly facing criticism connecting to age and her sexuality.. She's definitely one woman crusade in that.

Beyoncé and Jay Z are the epytome of shallow pop act. Instagram galore and airbrush and stupid design clothes. No speach about anything except the clichés.

Madonna never followed the clichés.

Guest eroticerotic

so sad watching those videos,

America was so much more American then, where you can have your opinion, and you could spark debate, agree, disagree, learn, grow, move on.

Now I feel like if you speak up about something your career is over, your social media will be bombarded by little monsters, public will do anything in their power to derail your image, and you have to apologize for having an opinion, so sad.

i loved that M interview

This is why Madonna is Madonna, an on going presence in popular entertainment. Because she stood by her art, and wasn't afraid to take steps into territory that could make or break her career. Everyone is trying to be her now but it's not the same, because it's already been done.