BODY SHOP

I absolutely love this song. It is so sweet and sexy while completely unique. I agree with everyone about the lyrics too. Normally, one of the things I always love about Madonna is how you can understand what she sings but somehow not understanding her words some of the time on this song suits everything and works. I can't work out why but it is just does.

This sounds so different from everything else on the album, I really wasn't expecting anything like it

I love the softness of her voice, everything just sounds so nice and clean

definitely one of my favourites

I was going to post about her vocals as well. I wasn't a huge lover of this song at first, but I definitely come back to it for her vocals. They're so delicate and exquisite.

This is my new "Dress You Up". I love this song. F.U.N. and sexier than Holy Water, S.E.X. and Best Night.

This song is like coming out of a dream after napping on a warm summer afternoon, turning over and seeing that guy, that man, that sexy thang peacefully asleep beside you.

god I still love this song so much.

I feel like Madonna is taking me on a road trip through India atop the I'm A Sinner bus.

From Edge media interview

UNDTABLE # 1: I wanted to ask you about one of my favorite songs on the album, "Body Shop" --

MADONNA: YAY!

ROUNDTABLE # 1: What I love about it is that the method of music is folksy, like you said, and maybe a little bit like a lullaby, but then you listen to the words and they're --

MADONNA: Sexually provocative.

ROUNDTABE # 1: Was that your intention to contrast the instrumental and music with the lyrics?

MADONNA: No. Again, it just happened. I was working with Toby Gad who spent a lot of time in India, and actually there's a sitar -- the song has a very Indian flavor to it -- and I liked the idea: a car -- the body of a car -- it's a kind of sexual metaphor -- what you do TO a car, what you do IN a car -- DRIVE. Lots of innuendos, lots of fun. I mean, we all love a really cute mechanic, right?