Universal/Live Nation contracts

Roland Barthes

Of course she won't stop and Guy Oseary relaunched Maverick in partnership with Live Nation but she won't get one of those 360 deal again because they don't make them anymore.

I think she will direct movies, maybe play on Broadway and become a producer (music, movies, tv).

yah she'll do it forever!

god, if only we could see inside the contract, lol, plus see how much profit those 'other' ventures really did (perfume, gyms, clothing, lingerie, skin, merch., shoes, anything else i forgot?)

getting rid of cds??? the very second that something is not released on CD i download ilegally. Me and lots of people.

TUTR is the first single from Madonna I haven't bought, and that's because it wasn't released on cd.

So yes, get rid of cds and music industry numbers will plummet.

As many others have said, the deal was for three albums and four tours (both of which are compulsory). All Universal does is distribute her studio albums. "Sticky and Sweet" was distributed by Warners, but that was just a one-off deal made after her contract with Warners had lapsed (hence Madonna's comment about not knowing how her music would be released, since she didn't have a recording contract at the time).

It will be very interesting to see what Madonna will do in her 60s. I can't see massive world tours going on for ever. I think after this upcoming tour, the next will be a GH tour ala Cher's "Farewell", and then after that she will focus on a continent at a time to perform a handful of smaller arena shows.

Traditional original albums will be few and far between after the LN contact is up. I can see more collaborations, movie soundtracks, more experimental music, but I think Madonna's "pop" career will end in a few albums' time., all of her own choosing. The next album after RH will more than likely be the last "big" album that she releases, then we will have a new GH album or box set to finish off her contract.

I think we can expect a heap of "from the vaults" releases after this time too.

Traditional original albums will be few and far between after the LN contact is up. I can see more collaborations, movie soundtracks, more experimental music, but I think Madonna's "pop" career will end in a few albums' time., all of her own choosing. The next album after RH will more than likely be the last "big" album that she releases, then we will have a new GH album or box set to finish off her contract.

No - the next album after RH will be the final one under her current contract with both LN and Universal. Any future GH compilations will have to be negotiated with whichever record company Madonna chooses to work with. My guess is that it will be a Warner Brothers venture, with Warners licensing the MDNA, RH and Third Album tracks that Madonna wants to include on the compilation from Live Nation (since they own the recordings). Warners own the vast majority of Madonna's career output, so it's pretty much a given that they (in collaboration with Madonna) will be responsible for future compilations.

I don't think physical cd albums will disappear soon... heck if vinyl is still being pressed so will the cds,,, it is for the fans... THAT"S WHY RECORD COMPANIES SHOULD PUT EFFORT IN COMING UP WITH BEAUTIFUL PHYSICAL RELEASES BECAUSE FANS WILL NEVER STOP BUYING IT...

I don't think physical cd albums will disappear soon... heck if vinyl is still being pressed so will the cds,,, it is for the fans... THAT"S WHY RECORD COMPANIES SHOULD PUT EFFORT IN COMING UP WITH BEAUTIFUL PHYSICAL RELEASES BECAUSE FANS WILL NEVER STOP BUYING IT...

That's very true. Just look at Kylie's PWL album re-issues all re-charting this past week, even though everything on the packages has already been released elsewhere many times over :lol:

I do think the standard physical CD release will die out, with more special edition box sets etc. made at mega $$$ prices. Vinyl sales are booming because it's great to collect.

It will be very interesting to see what Madonna will do in her 60s. I can't see massive world tours going on for ever. I think after this upcoming tour, the next will be a GH tour ala Cher's "Farewell", and then after that she will focus on a continent at a time to perform a handful of smaller arena shows.

I think we can expect a heap of "from the vaults" releases after this time too.

I hope she opens the vaults! and about a farewell GH tour, she can be touring for years,with a greatest hits tour,without repeating any song from night to night!!!I think I would prefer a theatre scale tour,with non singles,some of her bestsongs!

This will also be the third -- and, presumably, final -- tour by Madonna under a 10-year multirights deal she inked with Live Nation in 2007, valued at a reported $120 million. The future of that partnership is unclear, given that Oseary's Maverick Management (which also includes U2, which struck a similar deal with Live Nation) is now part of Artist Nation, Live Nation's artist management division. Initially, the Live Nation/Madonna deal included recorded content (along with touring, merch, fan club/Website, DVDs, some sponsorships, and certain other music-related projects), but those recording rights were sold to Interscope in 2011 for a reported $40 million in a three-album deal, of which Rebel Heart is the second.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6487508/madonna-to-launch-rebel-heart-world-tour-in-august?mobile_redirection=false