Rihanna's version of Madonna's "Vogue" appears online

XXL

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a620832/rihannas-version-of-madonnas-vogue-appears-online.html#~p1bblohd8bRkoF

Rihanna's version of Madonna's 'Vogue' appears online

madonna.jpgrihanna-rogue.jpg

Rihanna's cover of a Madonna hit has appeared online. The singer covered 'Vogue' for a live performance at Fashion Rocks! back in 2008, and recorded a studio version to use as a guide track.
The studio version has since surfaced online over the weekend, after being initially recorded over six years ago. Rihanna is currently working on her eighth studio album, which is expected to be released later this year.
Tentatively titled R8, the album will serve as the follow-up to 2012's Unapologetic. Meanwhile, Madonna will release her 13th studio album Rebel Heart in the UK on March 9 and a day later in the US.

This is not official and isn't mixed particularly well. Rihanna's Fashion Rocks performance version has a newly recorded backing track which incorporates elements from "Don't Stop The Music".

The vocal stems for both Madonna and Rihanna's recordings of "Vogue" are in collectors' hands as last year a set of "Bit Error" remixes were uploaded to soundcloud and I'm assuming this latest version is the result of someone just throwing Rihanna's performance vocal on top of Madonna's leaked studio instrumental version.

Well this "slayed" according to the Rihanna fans on twitter. Their standards are.......yea.....

:hotmess:

:rotfl: Yeah, I didn't even make it through the entire cover. It does sound like a karaoke version at some dime bar in Indiana.

That performance wasn't as awful as I thought it would be, but it was still pretty lame. Her voice, energy and personality didn't fit the song at all. Why artists even bother do make Madonna covers - they never work.

^ don't take me too literally. I don't think she deserves to have her cords ripped out. but she had no business ruining a Madonna classic the way she did all for the sake of her self-promotion

:rotfl: Yeah, I didn't even make it through the entire cover.

It does sound like a karaoke version at some dime bar in Indiana.

:rotfl:

Some are saying it's fake. If that's so I just don't understand why all those media outlets are writing articles about this leaked version now when Rihanna covered the song almost 7 years ago. I mean someone could have spread a fake version ages ago but it's only surfacing now ... Or am I missing something?

:rotfl:

Some are saying it's fake. If that's so I just don't understand why all those media outlets are writing articles about this leaked version now when Rihanna covered the song almost 7 years ago. I mean someone could have spread a fake version ages ago but it's only surfacing now ... Or am I missing something?

Well y'know, "leaking" things is very *cough* in vogue at the moment. Whoever did this and labelled it an official leak, may only just have discovered the Vogue instrumental, may just have figured out how to use Pro Tools, or just wanted to cause a bit of a stir. In any case, the third post on the thread summed it up, but as is usual around here lately, people read the very first post of a topic then respond right away without actually bothering to read the other responses.

Well y'know, "leaking" things is very *cough* in vogue at the moment. Whoever did this and labelled it an official leak, may only just have discovered the Vogue instrumental, may just have figured out how to use Pro Tools, or just wanted to cause a bit of a stir. In any case, the third post on the thread summed it up, but as is usual around here lately, people read the very first post of a topic then respond right away without actually bothering to read the other responses.

I skimmed through most of the thread and missed Mattress illuminating post, my bad :blush:

Thanks

Here's a link to the Bit Error duet version: https://soundcloud.com/bit-error/madonnas15.postimg.org/aphugwvwn/3lftaeus.jpg-rihanna-vogue-bit-error-diva-duet-club

It features otherwise unheard vocal ad libs by Madonna near the end. I'd love to hear the full reel of outtake vox.

On the other hand, Madonna solo mix is actually quite enjoyable (you can download it through author's facebook).