All the way Mae... Dirt in the Skirt

mtzlplk

Guest Peaches

Fantastic movie. One of Madonna's strongest performances as an actress and "This Used to be My Playground" is one of my favorite songs ever.

In many ways, this movie and TUTBMP was the end cap to the first chapter of Madonna's career. Erotica, which came a few months later, would usher in a new chapter and a new career direction for her.

Great popcorn flick though, and I always have to watch whenever a random cable channel is airing it. M showed a lot of her natural charisma in this film, something she's had trouble doing in a many of her film roles.

In many ways, this movie and TUTBMP was the end cap to the first chapter of Madonna's career. Erotica, which came a few months later, would usher in a new chapter and a new career direction for her.

Great popcorn flick though, and I always have to watch whenever a random cable channel is airing it. M showed a lot of her natural charisma in this film, something she's had trouble doing in a many of her film roles.

yes, it's true, that's when 80s Madonna ended (yes I know 1992 :D ) and a new era began

one quick question... when they were promoting the movie, it came out July of 1992, are you guys already aware that a highly, sexually-charged MADONNA book was in the making? When did she shoot the SEX photos again?

I also love the soundtrack to this movie, i used to play it over and over back in college... I was a little bit pissed to find out it's not the end-credits version of TUTBMP that's included in there...

So glad she did this movie, it's the only baseball movie i have ever seen...

This is a great point. I always thought of it this way too.