Encyclopedia Madonnica: 20th Anniversary Edition

MerGirl

(I don't know if this is the right place to post this, if not, feel free to remove/move it)

Signs Of The Times

Today, I am launching a 30-day Kickstarter so I can write and publish a second edition of my 1995 book Encyclopedia Madonnica.

In order to produce Encyclopedia Madonnica: 20th Anniversary Edition, I need $22,500—that will cover photo rights, publishing and shipping. I expect to have it done in the spring.

If you're a fan of Madonna, I can assure you that you will like the book—please give now!

If you're no fan of Madonna but enjoy my work at Boy Culture, please consider a donation just to help a brother out.

Thank you so much in advance for pledging any amount, and for sharing the link far and wide.

- See more at: http://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2014/09/rescue-me-pledge-to-my-kickstarter-so-i-can-publish-encyclopedia-madonnica-20th-anniversary-edition.html#sthash.oqoIpdJx.JQTnG9bH.dpuf

Just wanted to share this because I think the first E:M was great, and I want to help out.

I adore Matthew. He has become a good friend of mine and I have been on his ass about a sequel for as long as I have known him....lol. I am thrilled that he is finally giving this some serious thought. Imagine the undertaking though...M has had 2x the career length she did with the original publication. 20 years in Madonna years is EONS of changes, updates and reinventions.

I remember hearing about this book but I never saw it. Can someone post a sample of pages to give me an idea of what it was like?

I threw a few related scans into the Bedtime Stories anniversary thread the other day: http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=47628&p=1817206 and http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=47628&p=1817209

Wow - I loved the Encyclopedia Madonnica!! Such great info and a lot of humor too. In fact, I may have to go dig it out of my attic this weekend while I look for my old Icon mags as well. Would absolutely love an updated version - so much more has happened since the first edition! I am totally backing this project :tigger:

Two days after starting on Kickstarter, the project has already garnered USD$ 6,400 of its minimum goal of USD$ 22,500. :tigger:

Hope it will maintain momentum. Every dollar above the minimum funding goal will also go into the book and further increase its production quality.

PROMOTE AND FUND THIS HOLY BOOK! :order:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/406738078/encyclopedia-madonnica-20th-anniversary-edition

Imagine the enormous undertaking of cataloging everything she's done in the last 20 years. I can't even begin to comprehend how he's going to put it all together, but I'll tell you, his first book was my favorite Madonna book ever. I referred to it countless times through the years. I'll be buying part 2 for sure!

He also happens to be a terrific guy, who I consider a friend (even if only online).

519K59AEQ9L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

matthew-rettenmund-and-madonna.jpg

Wow that's good,

I'm supposed 2 get some money after this legal dispute with my employer is settled, i'll be sure 2 donate! :queenbitch:

I used 2 b able 2 recite portions from this book & my English improved a great deal after reading it several times as a teen :inlove:

It's actually a very well written book, regardless of its subject matter.

I used 2 b able 2 recite portions from this book & my English improved a great deal after reading it several times as a teen :inlove:

Impossible. :inlove: I got everything I know from this book as well and remember loads of stuff.

How he'll do it is another matter, seemingly a nigh on impossible task with how quickly things move in Vadgeland and post-internet. He could maybe take a tip or two from Mozipedia, the recent Morrissey encylopedia. Too many sections will need updating and he may have to start from scratch, reformatting it. But I suspect he's been updating it all along and has loads of parts ready to go. :wow: