Your unpopular opinions related to Madonna

madonna_fan1988

As the title says.

Post here one opinion about Madonna, a release, tour whatever that is usually not accepted by fans or the public in general. Somthing that makes uou think "am i the only one that thinks this?!"

I thought this is gonna generate some drama, but i'm bored...why not? XD

I'll start:

Celebration is a better Madonna compilation than The Immaculate Collection - While i understand the legendary status of The Immaculate Collection, it's not the best Greatest hits for people to buy, it only includes 80's hits, some bad remixes, weird edits, etc. Into The Groove, La Isla Bonita, etc...are edited to the point i don't enjoy them. I also don't like the remix used for Like A Prayer. Also the sound quality and remastering is better for Celebration. Actually i'll go to the point of saying Celebration is a better Madonna greatest hits for the 80's since it includes Who's That Girl, Dress Your Up, Everybody, etc. The only songs on TIC that is not included on Celebration is Rescue Me. Why someone would choose TIC is beyond me.

There, i said it.

Now your turn!

PS - Let's try to keep this clean xD

We already had a thread like this fairly recently and it was a disaster lol

But whatever, "Don't Stop" from BS should've been a single.

We already had a thread like this fairly recently and it was a disaster lol

But whatever, "Don't Stop" from BS should've been a single.

If i find out i was the one that created it i'll never come back here! AHAHAHA (J/K)

I remember thinking about doing it once...but i wasn't sure if i ever did. and the search engine is not working for me XD

Anyway...carry on everyone :D (if it's ok of course)

A thread like this isn't really a bad idea as long as Madonna's work isn't called shit or anything.

Last time the thread ended up in pure drama was simply because some trolls were stirring up trouble as well as some other members who couldn't deal with other people's opinions.

I hope people get that this thread is not negative in any sense this time around.

My favorite all time comp is STR & I enjoy listening to GVH2 more than TIC.

I also recognize Vogue, PDP, & OYH are pop classics, but I still don't particularly enjoy listening to those songs.

Otherwise, I love most songs from M. :yes:

I completely agree with you madonna_fan1988, i also think Celebration is better than Immaculate Collection. When i listen to it i feel like i'm listening to a REAL greatest hits of her huge career, not only an 80's compilation. I don't really like the remixes on IC either.

My other unpopular opinion: i think Ray of Light (the album) is overrated at some extent. Great album, definitively one of her most creative but not one of her best musically.

As the title says.

Post here one opinion about Madonna, a release, tour whatever that is usually not accepted by fans or the public in general. Somthing that makes uou think "am i the only one that thinks this?!"

I thought this is gonna generate some drama, but i'm bored...why not? XD

I'll start:

Celebration is a better Madonna compilation than The Immaculate Collection - While i understand the legendary status of The Immaculate Collection, it's not the best Greatest hits for people to buy, it only includes 80's hits, some bad remixes, weird edits, etc. Into The Groove, La Isla Bonita, etc...are edited to the point i don't enjoy them. I also don't like the remix used for Like A Prayer. Also the sound quality and remastering is better for Celebration. Actually i'll go to the point of saying Celebration is a better Madonna greatest hits for the 80's since it includes Who's That Girl, Dress Your Up, Everybody, etc. The only songs on TIC that is not included on Celebration is Rescue Me. Why someone would choose TIC is beyond me.

There, i said it.

Now your turn!

PS - Let's try to keep this clean xD

That's not a remotely controversial opinion. TIC is fondly remembered and well loved but many purist fans hate the remixes and complained of butchery. The album is a classic in her canon but few would take the TIC versions over the originals.

An unpopular opinion would be "Like a Prayer is shit", "she needs more plastic surgery".

I has to be very weird to listen to LAP if you are under 25 years old, to be fair. Some songs are so incredible, but maybe nowadays they mean nothing to new listeners.

Another unpopular opinion: I ADORE Best Friend and Heartbeat.