Vogue Italia celebrates Madonna in their 50th anniversary edition

MerGirl

vogue_italia_001.jpg

Vogue Italia is celebrating its 50th anniversary this month, and the iconic magazine didn't only bring 50 top models posing together in a single shot by the one and only Steven Meisel on its special cover - it also celebrates those Women who are the Queens of Fashion and for which fashion itself was born and exist.

Models, actresses, artists, socialites, royalty, singers - Icons, in a single word - they are all part on the massive Vogue Italia Archive feature of this highly collectable issue.

Madonna deserved of course her own spot - and MadonnaTribe got in touch with freelance writerPaolo Armelli to ask him what it felt like celebrating the Queen of Pop in this special anniversary.

"It was an honour for me to work with the journalists at Vogue Italia in such a special occasion, the 50th anniversary of the widely and internationally recognized Italian Fashion Bible," Armelli explains.

"Their idea was to collect the female icons that made the history of fashion and style in the last 50 years and who obviously appeared on the magazine.

Madonna was of course one of them, so I asked to write about her. They were so kind to let me do this and I was thrilled to put on paper Madonna's chamaleonic and groundbreaking approach to fashion and fame.

Her pictures taken by Herb Ritts for Vogue Italia in 1990 are pure avant-guard, perfectly representing her stunning approach to style.
This celebrative issue of Vogue Italia is monumental and worth collecting it: a voyage in half a century of glamour, beauty and fashion. In which Madonna was one of the absolute and more recognizable protagonists."

Vogue Italia No. 769 - Sept. 2014 - Anniversary Issue is out now.

http://win.madonnatribe.com/francais/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2354&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

vogue_italia_001.jpg

Vogue Italia is celebrating its 50th anniversary this month, and the iconic magazine didn't only bring 50 top models posing together in a single shot by the one and only Steven Meisel on its special cover - it also celebrates those Women who are the Queens of Fashion and for which fashion itself was born and exist.

Models, actresses, artists, socialites, royalty, singers - Icons, in a single word - they are all part on the massive Vogue Italia Archive feature of this highly collectable issue.

Madonna deserved of course her own spot - and MadonnaTribe got in touch with freelance writer Paolo Armelli to ask him what it felt like celebrating the Queen of Pop in this special anniversary.

"It was an honour for me to work with the journalists at Vogue Italia in such a special occasion, the 50th anniversary of the widely and internationally recognized Italian Fashion Bible," Armelli explains. "Their idea was to collect the female icons that made the history of fashion and style in the last 50 years and who obviously appeared on the magazine.

Madonna was of course one of them, so I asked to write about her. They were so kind to let me do this and I was thrilled to put on paper Madonna's chamaleonic and groundbreaking approach to fashion and fame. Her pictures taken by Herb Ritts for Vogue Italia in 1990 are pure avant-guard, perfectly representing her stunning approach to style.

This celebrative issue of Vogue Italia is monumental and worth collecting it: a voyage in half a century of glamour, beauty and fashion. In which Madonna was one of the absolute and more recognizable protagonists."

Vogue Italia No. 769 - Sept. 2014 - Anniversary Issue is out now.

http://win.madonnatribe.com/francais/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2354&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'm so getting this :rosey: