When Niki loses her hanky and is terrified and looks at Donna

karbatal

Love the exact moment Madonna notices. :rotfl: "Come on now", looks at Niki, down, no handkerchief...see ya!

It was because their voices blended together really well. When she auditioned she had to sing in harmony with M. After she did, Madonna started complaining because Donna didn't sing along and was shocked to find out she actually did, loud and clear. It just blended the well with hers.

So having Donna around basically meant sounding stronger.

Here's a good example I came across today...I was playing around with the seperated 5.1 audio channels from the DWT DVD and noticed that they mix Madonna & Donna's vocals together on the left channel and Niki's vocals are on the right channel. Here's a snippet of the bridge from La Isla Bonita from the isolated left channel. From the point when they sing "beautiful faces..." their vocals blend so well that it sounds like one person is singing:

https://soundcloud.com/sonicboy19/madonna-donna-live-snippet-la-isla-bonita-dwt/s-VMGIi

Edited by sonicboy

Exactly. The three of them together really was a special sort of magic on stage. Those tours/performances just wouldn't have been the same without them.

Yes and BAT was their finest moment . Oh how I wish we have a proper DVD for that Tour.

I think I'm the only person that likes Siedah on LAP! :lmao:

I like it! It's not as much fun as the Nikkis melodramatic swoopiness, but it fits the version of the song and the section of the show. My personal favourite is actually Cee Lo.

Here's a good example I came across today...I was playing around with the seperated 5.1 audio channels from the DWT DVD and noticed that they mix Madonna & Donna's vocals together on the left channel and Niki's vocals are on the right channel. Here's a snippet of the bridge from La Isla Bonita from the isolated left channel. From the point when they sing "beautiful faces..." their vocals blend so well that it sounds like one person is singing:

https://soundcloud.com/sonicboy19/madonna-donna-live-snippet-la-isla-bonita-dwt

link doesnt work

wow! It's incredibly just how good they sound together. Madonna should at least call her for the album.

Yeah, Donna is so valuable because she sounds so much like M, she just smooths M out completely and is a proper supporting vocalist. You can hear Kiley's voice and it's not the same.

I so miss donna on tour, she make madonna sounds great!! I love to listen to CT tour great backing vocals

As with K dean .... when I saw SS it made my ear bleed hearing them together.