And then there was "Nobody's Perfect"

Bill

Guest PRPapi

I, too, always thought I was in the minority in absolutely LOVING Nobody's Perfect. Glad to know it's appreciated, rightfully so, by others!

I think it's a MASTERPIECE of a song. I mean, HOW is it possible to make an Electronic Blues Acoustic song with vocoder throughout the whole thing, and it still works amazingly?!? Only M.

I loved it from my first listen and, to this day, I still can't skip it when it comes up in my shuffles. I intently listen to it each time and feel like i find new things to appreciate about it every time. What else can I expect, though, if it's from my favorite M album? :)

Guest bluejean

Hated it when the album first came out, too much vocoder for me.

But of course years later it grew on me and NOW I love it.

• 2 months later...

Both live and studio versions I love dearly, and it seems to be the most overlooked track on "Music". I love the simplicity of it and the message. My most favorite lyrics are

"Cool I am when I am with you, cool I'm not when I am lonely"

I think that the concept used on the DWT live performance was so exceptionally brilliant and I watched it the other day and fell in love with the song all over again. I know Im not alone!

Discuss and appreciate :)

There isn't one bad song on Music and eventhough I don't think that this song is as strong as the other tracks, I find it somhow intriguing.

Whenever I listen to Music in full and this song comes on I'm always mesmerized by how beautiful it actually is. It's very spacey and weird but also haunting in a similar way that Paradise is. 2:44 - 3:12 and 3:57 - 4:59 are my favourite parts of the song.

Edited by JimmyJimmy

We just appreciated the shit out of this song recently but ok, we can do it again! :clap:

Fantastic.

I looooooooooooooooove the end.

perfect... perfect... perfect...

mmmm mmmm yeahhh

There isn't one bad song on Music and eventhough I don't think that this song is as strong as the other tracks, I find it somhow intriguing.

Whenever I listen to Music in full and this song comes on I'm always mesmerized by how beautiful it actually is. It's very spacey and weird but also haunting in a similar way that Paradise is. 2:44 - 3:12 and 3:57 - 4:59 are my favourite parts of the song.

TRUE! :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's not the best song on the album, that's true but it's still a beautiful song.

Confession: I actually don't care much for it either. It's my least favorite song on the album. I do like the "Cool I am" part though.

Same here, it's just a non-event to me compared to Impressive Instant or Paradise. The live version is a lot better though thanks to the different vocals.

I've always LOVED this song, from my first listen 'til today. I'm glad it's getting so much love! I though I was the only one who loved it. :)

The instrumental bridge of the song is pure perfection, as is the outro/ending. I mean, thinking about it, this song shouldn't work. But, it SO does...Only M! One of my favorite album tracks ever, from my favorite M album.

Thanks for bringing it up! :thumbsup:

The best thing about Music the album is how it flows. And when this song comes after Amazing and then afterwards Don't Tell Me comes :inlove:

It's not one of my fav Madonna songs, but it's really beautiful.

Severely underrated. One of my favorite Mirwais collaborations and his strongest effort in terms of production...it sounds especially amazing on vinyl. The ending gives me chills. Wish the live performance packed the same punch as the album version, but it sounds a little lightweight in comparison. Although it's probably unlikely to happen at this point, it would be cool to hear an acoustic interpretation without the vocoder that morphed into the full-on production towards the end.