Appreciate the song Ray of Mother Fucking Light

Guest bluejean

One of the most important, most entrancing, uplifting songs of my life.

I remember hearing it on the radio, for one of the first times on z100.

My father drove a truck when I was a kid

and he got out and I quickly raised it at the highest volume and looked through my mirrors

To see when he would be back and I just sang and danced.

I loved that feeling she gave me.

I'll never forget important moments that were random but

They were just a pure expression of escape for me and

Learning more about who I was through Madonna's music.

Lovely story Mensch!

This song is beyond epic, part of the soundtrack of our lives, not only Madonna fans.

You have all described it better, so I'll just leave this video, which always cracks me up!

http://youtu.be/-SuIP5F5Pqw

:rotfl:

I think this could be my favourite Madona song ever, I was blown away the first time I heard it and it stll stands up. Then video came along and I was blown away all over again. incredible era.

the video is fucking sublime. Definitely the best/coolest she has looked in a video imo. To think aswell this was after the DRAB something to remember/evita era, of which I was not a fan at all. it was an incredible transformation.

Monumental track...... It kinda does everything you need a song to do an it never fails to get the adrenalin pumping.... Absolutely agree that if it had been the lead single it would've had even more impact .. It had Number 1 written all over from the moment I heard it... Will always be in my Top 10 faves.......

Easily my favorite Madonna song ever, with Like a prayer a close second.

Ray of Light is like nothing she has ever recorded previously (or since)

The pumping House bass, those frantic, high paced synthesizers along with electric guitars and 60's sounding William Orbit synth organs and other worldly bleeps. But the best is her vocals. She's never sounded better on a song, she just pushed her vocals to new heights.

OMG I'm so excited for tomorrow's Madonna Worship party. When this comes on, I'm going to leave it ALL on the dancefloor! Thank the HEAVENS FOR MADONNA!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. U betta work, Mensch. :Disco_Ball:

I thought it was fabulous when I first heard it. It still is but I hardly play it now. I've never seen that Oprah clip before - she sounds brilliant!

I would sometimes sing "Anna Friel" instead of "And I Feel" though.

:bruised:

Nightcutter, I bet any money Anna would be honoured that you use her name in this sacred song. I loved her in Pushing Daisies.

tumblr_mc992sdQZL1qcnqv5o1_500.gif

I played Ray of light about 4 times today in the car due to this thread. I said it before but it is such an epic song. One of my favourite Madonna songs and I have plenty of those.

Madonna's music gives rhythm to the rhythmless, and the Oprah performance is a perfect example of that. Some audience members are barely containing themselves.

I like this version better than when she played it on tour.

That was definitely the day to be at the Oprah show.

Actually, I want Madonna to go full-force with some late 70's inspired, acoustic, classic rock kinda music. But back on topic:

madonna-ray-of-light-video.png

I-will-never-go-away.gif

^ The final scene of the video (when she's in the club, bathed in green light) is one of my favorite music video moments!