Girl Gone Wild - I LOVE IT!!!

Guest bluejean

Do you?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of GGW?

Guest bluejean

Oh, my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee
And I detest all my sins
Because I dread the loss of heaven, and the pains of hell.
But most of all because I love GIRL GONE WILD!!

It is so fucking good!

Sorry but this is as good as Rihanna's S&M and SHOULD have been a big hit. What was the world thinking?

I remember when I first heard it I went crazy for it. And THAT live performance is just unforgettable.

Guest bluejean

Totally agree Goddess!!

Imagine THIS as the lead single followed by the risky choice of Gang Bang with a controversial video. That would have been incredible.

Then close the era off with 'I'm Addicted.'

Good video (the dancing part and the cinematography is great, could have done without the overemphasized homoerotism though), great live performance. The song itself, in its album version, is terrible though. Starts out with a great intro, but quickly turns into a generic forgettable mess that's not worthy to be a Madonna song IMO. Meh.

I agree with Nonoka, The video and live performances were fabulous but I was never a big fan of the song. The intro was orgasmic but it quickly turned into something that could've been recorded by many of todays pop tarts. It needed to be harder and more aggressive. Pretty much like this version...

Totally agree Goddess!!

Imagine THIS as the lead single followed by the risky choice of Gang Bang with a controversial video. That would have been incredible.

Then close the era off with 'I'm Addicted.'

Indeed that would have been perfection. Maybe Gang Bang as the lead single *sigh*. Another missed opportunity. Too bad they fucked the whole thing up.

Didn't particularly like any of the singles released from MDNA.. I woulda gone with a more edgy remixed version of Love Spent as the lead single, Masterpiece next, which woulda been perfect timing for the whole Ballad/Christmas market and then finished off with Im Addicted. But then im one of the oldest blokes on here, so maybe I like something less risky... PlusI can`t move quick enough these days to dance to something like GGW. Id be sweating like a pig in clingfilm and in need of medication just to get back offa the dance floor ;0)

I've stated several times at this board already how much I fucking LOVE it.

Great little pop diddy... with a visual and live tour performance that only Madonna could do.

And the video is everything. I had been hoping for a video like that from M for a while...and it was great to see Dita back.

could have done without the overemphasized homoerotism though

tumblr_n823oj4rML1ql5yr7o2_500.gif

I love it !

The live version is longer, with a good break, but in the end it's pretty much the song itself.

Live version is good because the song is good.

I wasn't a fan at first because it sounded like most other EDM tracks out there but I've grown to love it. The video and tour performance helped of course, but at the end of the day, it's incredibly catchy and will probably remain the only track that (some) people will associate with the MDNA album.

It's one of her best, honestly. I just looooove how the music picks up when the second verse starts. Get's me dancing everytime!

I just feel like she really wanted more gay dance songs in her discography when recording MDNA, she accomplished it with GGW.

I think it's terrible. I was actually shocked by it and still struggle to see what made her do it. Or to think it was single worthy. Album track maybe? But single, no.

I love the video but as a song, while it's listenable, it's still shit and not up to her previous standards of quality music.

It's so weird how much I hated this song to begin with but now I absolutely adore it and everything that has come with it....the video :dramatic: the tour opener :dramatic:

That's perfection people!

I try to tell myself I don't like it tbh, but it's so damn catchy I still listen to it all the time!

I did like the its kick ass dance beat as soon as it was released online......even though I pretty much knew it would never be a hit like HU & 4M. Perhaps, it would have been more successful if M would have released it a little earlier in her career?

I do remember some fans were having a major meltdown about it being the second single. :dramatic:

I went nuts for it when i first heard it, it was just what I needed from Madonna. I still love it and probably always will. The video and MDNA performance were fantastic and I get a funny little feeling in my stomach when I see her doing that iconic choreography in front of the dance troupe every time. She looks like she's having a blast in the video.

If all songs but one from MDNA will be deleted, I will keep this. Perfect to dance, to sing, and to feel sexy. :lol:

I'm sure if this was a hit more fans will appreciate it. But sadly, a 50 YO woman singing about being a girl gone wild would never be given a chance by the public.