Question about the MATM video

Pressston

Guest Rachelle of London

I might be the only one who loves MATM, the song, the version without Madge, the video, the remix on the ITZ CD, and Madge's "horrible" vocals on it. :lmao:

Nope I love it!!!!

For me MATM was the FIRST time madonna "sold out".

Her lame cheesy vocal on that song is fucking terrible! The video is just as lame, it looks cheap and nasty.....no effort, Madonna just turned up on a Britney shoot and rolled around as she did the killer dance routine!

It could of been amazing.....a la Scream when Jackson and Jackson did the amazing routine in that video.....memorable, iconic and a killer!

The fact that after 20years in the biz this was Madonnas first released duet.....well it stinks!

I like the song...still play it, kind of a guilty pleasure track i guess...the video tho is lame. Madonna is dressed way too old and she has that frickin cane in hand...a choreographed dance number with Britney instead of yogo stretches would have been better too. but i like the song and her vocals arent horrid jeez

Wow i'm suprised, cause they're hardly in the same room at the same time in the video but they're together indeed ! Thank you !

That's the concept of the video. The fact that they aren't in the same room as each other but can feel each other's presence.

Didn't she say if it's to mean Madgesty, she doesn't mind? :)

Not even considering the scenes in which they were not together, obviously they were on set together when they did that "dance-off." :chuckle:

Exactly two years ago (almost to the hour, oddly enough!), there was a guy in the Golden Triangle in Copenhagen waving a sign saying "Madge" and she told him to get rid of it, saying "I hate that name!" The guy had to be told by people around him to put the sign down because he saw her pointing at him and started waving it frantically at her. When did she make the "madgesty" comment? If it was after July 2nd, 2012, then she must have changed her mind :)

I think she looked great in that white suit and definitely not haggard.

I love it that Madonna has so many different looks. Would hate it if she looked the same in every video clip.

Agree with everything you said!

horrible horrible horrible. this with combination of the childrens book playing lady of the manor really was a very hard depressing time to be a hardcore Madonna fan

For some....but for others, it was just fine :)

This was a down moment for the Queen. Thank god for live 8 and confessions that followed. She had a lot of fans worried during the American life (even though this album is my fav) and then this sell out shit

This was a down moment for the Queen. Thank god for live 8 and confessions that followed. She had a lot of fans worried during the American life (even though this album is my fav) and then this sell out shit

I was a Britney fan, so I was rooting for both of them on this track. The video is the biggest problem.

Another example of why M should never wear a white pant suit. It just ages her terribly.

MADtv nailed it:

Yeah, yet another pathetic Madonna send up complaining about her age. People are either whining about her plastic surgery or whinging about her looking haggard or constantly bringing up her age. It is so over done, unfair, discriminative and pathetic. Why is there no send ups mocking the age of Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Prince, etc. Now, I don't think there should be as love all of those men but ask yourself, why is Madonna's age constantly mocked. As for people moaning about her looking older than Britney, well there is a reason for that - she is older than Britney.

You're not the only one! I love everything about it!! And I fail to see how Madonna's vocals are "horrible."

Well, Madonna sure sounded like Whitney Houston compared to Britney's "voice"...

Amazing song, amazing video. Loved this collaboration. Madonna looks fantastic. I was in high school when this happenned and everybody was "Wow MADONNA and Britney again".

Good times.

Guest whatatramp

I might be the only one who loves MATM, the song, the version without Madge, the video, the remix on the ITZ CD, and Madge's "horrible" vocals on it. :lmao:

#yasssssssssss

Yeah, yet another pathetic Madonna send up complaining about her age. People are either whining about her plastic surgery or whinging about her looking haggard or constantly bringing up her age. It is so over done, unfair, discriminative and pathetic. Why is there no send ups mocking the age of Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Prince, etc. Now, I don't think there should be as love all of those men but ask yourself, why is Madonna's age constantly mocked. As for people moaning about her looking older than Britney, well there is a reason for that - she is older than Britney.

Well, this has been discussed again and again on here. The reason she's probably targeted is because, of course, she's a woman, but also because she's sexually provocative. I do think it's hilarious/pathetic that they've been talking about her age since way back in 2003. But the fact that this spoof isn't far off from the actual song/video says something. She just came off as desperate and that's what they're making fun off.

Guest Rocco Papa

Well, this has been discussed again and again on here. The reason she's probably targeted is because, of course, she's a woman, but also because she's sexually provocative. I do think it's hilarious/pathetic that they've been talking about her age since way back in 2003. But the fact that this spoof isn't far off from the actual song/video says something. She just came off as desperate and that's what they're making fun off.

Desperate? What people fail to remember is that it was Britney who asked Madonna to be on the song, not the other way around.

(skip to 38:50)

Edited by RoccoPapa

^ The longer version of the story is that Madonna said "This should be the first single." I don't remember if there were any other details revealed, but neither of us were there for the conversation. I said that it "came off" as desperate, regardless of whether M was actually desperate to appeal to a younger audience or not. The flop album + the VMA performance + the duet with Britney (when she rarely does duets) + the GAP thing created a perception in the public's eye at the time.

Guest Rocco Papa

^ The longer version of the story is that Madonna said "This should be the first single." I don't remember if there were any other details revealed, but neither of us were there for the conversation. I said that it "came off" as desperate, regardless of whether M was actually desperate to appeal to a younger audience or not. The flop album + the VMA performance + the duet with Britney (when she rarely does duets) + the GAP thing created a perception in the public's eye at the time.

There were other details revealed, as the video I posted clearly states. Britney has said several times that she asked Madonna to be on the song during rehearsals for the VMAs and Madonna accepted.

I don't see how public perception of what Madonna does should affect how we feel about it. If that were the case, we'd all be embarrassed by almost everything she does! :laugh:

Anyway, here's another little gem of a story from that time... (skip to 1:33)

:lmao:

Desperate? What people fail to remember is that it was Britney who asked Madonna to be on the song, not the other way around.

(skip to 38:50)

This.

Cue to years later when Madonna enlisted the help of Timberlake with 4 Minutes.

Guest bluejean

Britney is awful, the song is awful, the video is awful. Even if it wasn't desperate it appeared desperate.

The VMA thing was fabulous though.

I guess 4 Minutes had a similar stench of "desperation" but at least Madonna was hot in the video, they had a cool dance off and Justin has a lot more credibility and talent than Britney Spears. Also, it wasn't a last minute tag on like MATM.

Britney is awful, the song is awful, the video is awful. Even if it wasn't desperate it appeared desperate.

The VMA thing was fabulous though.

I guess 4 Minutes had a similar stench of "desperation" but at least Madonna was hot in the video, they had a cool dance off and Justin has a lot more credibility and talent than Britney Spears. Also, it wasn't a last minute tag on like MATM.

I agree. But honestly, if the song had flopped, we'd be talking just as much shit about it now.

There were other details revealed, as the video I posted clearly states. Britney has said several times that she asked Madonna to be on the song during rehearsals for the VMAs and Madonna accepted.

I don't see how public perception of what Madonna does should affect how we feel about it. If that were the case, we'd all be embarrassed by almost everything she does! :laugh:

Anyway, here's another little gem of a story from that time... (skip to 1:33)

:lmao:

omg I forgot about this :lmao: I think Madonna demonstrated it on Rosie in 2000

At the time it was released, I purchased two different versions of the CD single. I like how they contained different remixes of the song. I remember dancing to this song in clubs, so I never had any idea many M fans did not like the song.

I always had mixed feelings toward Britney, but her first remix album & Blackout were very good.