Oh My Creator

Jumpb4uthink

Is a rescreening possible? Say 20th or 25th year?

a limited screening perhaps for the fan...i doubt national...the original run didnt do that well...

You are wrong the original release was a big success...particularly for the genre which it resurrected.

I remember it being made out to be a disappointment in the USA...not a flop but not a hit.

Edited by RebelHart

I remember that a few years back in NY, people were able to watch Evita for a special sing along screening! I last saw this special Evita screening advertised a few years back, but I hope it returns again soon.

It seems fun & I think the film should be seen in a large theatre with a large screen.

I've often thought that this scene is the best acting and vocals from Madonna from the Evita movie. This is much more than a music video. Her emotions bring this scene to life.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K9xyWLjwKDA

This was the pivotal scene of her whole acting career, IMO. She can act, I just don't know why she doesn't come through in many other roles. This scene was legit. It actually made me teary-eyed (and others in the theater) which is usually a tough sell for me.

I remember it being made out to be a disappointment in the USA...not a flop but not a hit.

Well at least they didn't say she can't act back then... until TNBT.

She has only acted well when she's practically representing herself: Susan and Evita. A real actress has to be everybody else, no matter who. So yes, she performs this incredibly well. And no, she can't act.

I love Evita, by the way, i was lucky to watch in the cinema and was mesmerized. I recall people crying in this scene!

The scene preceding the DCFMA reprise was live, too, yes? For a while, I thought the reprise was, as well, but don't think so.

She did very well wit hthe role- it did start to resemble a long music video at spots in the second half, but I guess it made sense for those particular numbers (i.e. "And the Money Kept Rolling In").

She has only acted well when she's practically representing herself: Susan and Evita. A real actress has to be everybody else, no matter who. So yes, she performs this incredibly well. And no, she can't act.

I agree that a very talented actress has to be able to play ANY role, but it's not like she actually had cancer and was dying in that scene. She had to imagine it and project those emotions as if they were real, and that - in my book - is good acting. And I think she pulled it off pretty well.

Will always stand by the fact that she was fantastic in Evita whether you like the film or not.

She didn't have to win the Oscar, but she should have without a doubt been nominated.