Falling Free: Perfection

Shane

When I first heard this, I thought it not only one of the best songs of Madonna's career, but one of the best songs of the last decade, period. Two years later, I can say it's held up, and I feel exactly the same way.

It joins a long line of songs I have cheesily coined Gothic Madonna, many of which are album closers: Sanctuary, Mer Girl, Gone, Easy Ride, Voices, and Falling Free. Stunning, all of them. Madonna knows how to close an album.

Does anyone else think Falling Free is amazing?

It's one of the best things she's ever done with Orbit, one of the best things she's ever done period.

And I love that remix. Especially that last bit. So much energy and emotion in it. I just wanna let loose on the dancefloor, let my emotions run wild.

I have a playlist in my iPad with Falling Free, Between The Bars, and the soundboard recording of Like A Virgin Waltz from the tour. I usually put it on when I'm going to bed. It really is a beautiful playlist to listen to before bed because it's so somber, yet so soothing. Originally, I wasn't ecstatic about Falling Free, but in the context of that playlist, I enjoy it so much more. I'm totally ready for an album that expands on the sounds of the playlist I have.

The Orbit remix is lame tho.

It's so pretty.

One of those songs that sounds great in any situation; during a long drive on a gloomy day, lying in the bed, taking a shower, drawing, reading, WHATEVER :wow:

Yes!

"Falling Free" is stunning! This song has it all: excellent vocals,amazing lyrics,haunting melody and arrangement,lush strings.I'm still angry that it wasn't released as a single.It would have shown the world a different side of Madonna.

This song follows Madonna's trend (since Erotica) to finish her albums with a perfect note. Every last track is pure perfection and this one is no exception. Gorgeous song! :wow:

No matter when or how, every Madonna album has PERFECT and FLAWLESS pop songs. MDNA has a good bunch, the same with HC. Both are maybe her most controversial albums (among certain fans), and i can't imagine a fan who isn't in love with at least half of those albums!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Falling Free is a pure masterpiece, one of her best songs ever. And i also think it's one of the best songs i've heard in YEARS. Can't get enough of it, The melody, her vocals,... everything is just PERFECT.

Falling free is beautiful. Masterpiece and Falling free are again examples of wonderful Madonna ballads and both from her last CD. Madonna's ballads are always first class. She sings them with such feeling and ease.

Inspiring, haunting, mysterious, sweet,beautiful...truly one of Madonna´s peaks in terms of music jewels...and her voice is to die for...and still people say she can´t sing?...fuck them bastards!

Falling free is beautiful. Masterpiece and Falling free are again examples of wonderful Madonna ballads and both from her last CD. Madonna's ballads are always first class. She sings them with such feeling and ease.

So true :clap:

This song follows Madonna's trend (since Erotica) to finish her albums with a perfect note. Every last track is pure perfection and this one is no exception. Gorgeous song! :wow:

Agreed on both counts!

Listening to Falling Free, while high on marijuana, will take you on a metaphorical/ psychedelic journey. :wow:

Falling Free is too sad for when I'm stoned, it will make me text someone or even a bunch of people :-)

But I do love it, it's my favourite of MDNA together with Love Spent