Madonna performing with Miley Cyrus at MTV Unplugged!

adreeyen

Yes he did, but it still was his concert :lmao: TearsInHeaven's argument was pointless.

oh SORRY Nonoka :daft: spread the usual love in the forum. what an unfriendly twat. and he indeed performed with NSYNC at the VMAs so you are pointelss

That's your only argument?

I'm here because i'm a Madonna fan, this is her forum, not a Miley fansite and i'm against their collaboration because i want Madonna to be respected and not be seen like a desperate slut trying to stay relevant via popular artists. Is there anything wrong with that? Why should i lick Miley's ass exactly?

No need for me to argue, it's not that serious. And by here I mean this thread. They been saying madonna was a slut and would be irrelevant in six months back in 83. What else is new?

Adios

Actually loomer I know of quite a few fans who jumped on board during Hard Candy, it might get bashed a lot by her hardcore fanbase but 4 Minutes was really big with a lot of teenagers and introduced them to Madonn's back catalogue

I was thinking that and I love that song, sadly Miss Justina Timberhole's fingers are all over it.. but it's definitely her song regardless.

Madonna's last album sols more worldwide than Bangerz, and Miley won't come anywhere close to selling as many tickets on tour as Madonna did with MDNA.

So isn't Madonna just as popular, if not more than Miley?

oh SORRY Nonoka :daft: spread the usual love in the forum. what twat.

No what you said was right. It made sense. Don't pay attention to them. It didn't matter if it was his concert or not. The point is, he collaborated with younger artists and nobody gave him shit for it.

oh SORRY Nonoka :daft: spread the usual love in the forum. what an unfriendly twat.

Um, what exactly was unfriendly with what I was saying? You've stated something totally wrong (and did this in a manner as if you were convinced that what you're saying is right) and I bothered to correct you. A Google or YouTube search would have made you realize within 10 seconds you're wrong as well, so I added the laughing emoticon. On the other hand, YOU just used an offending expression...Oh well.

So please, next time you want to drag other artists in favor of M (which is stupid in the first place), please care to research the facts a bit

Have a nice evening :smooch:

And no, you can't compare because it was Britney who collaborated with MJ. MJ performed the whole concert, Britney was the guest performer. He couldn't have been 'desperate' because when Britney came on stage, he has already performed 30 minutes in a sold-out concert arena! So obviously he didn't need her for anything.

Nonoka honey, he indeed performed with NSYNC at the VMAs, so my point is not pointless. i don't want to drag or diss MJ as i am a fan of his work. it was just to show how different the perception of things is when a woman or a man do the same thing. there's no reason to address a member's opinion as pointless. enjoy your evening too.

Um, what exactly was unfriendly with what I was saying? You've stated something totally wrong (and did this in a manner as if you were convinced that what you're saying is right) and I bothered to correct you. A Google or YouTube search would have made you realize within 10 seconds you're wrong as well, so I added the laughing emoticon. On the other hand, YOU just used an offending expression...Oh well.

So please, next time you want to drag other artists in favor of M (which is stupid in the first place), please care to research the facts a bit

Have a nice evening :smooch:

They were not entirely wrong though. MJ embraced younger artists all the time throughout his career and nobody said anything most of the time. They embraced it. He worked with dark child and there wasn't anybody calling him out on trying to be youthful or "hip" he was universally loved no matter what he did. With madonna that is not the case so I think you should rethink things.

No what you said was right. It made sense. Don't pay attention to them. It didn't matter if it was his concert or not. The point is, he collaborated with younger artists and nobody gave him shit for it.

thanks for this. at least one person got what i was saying :gent:

Yeah it was definitively a double standard. It's SO typical coming from the industry.

Michael was NOT universally loved after the molestation allegations, are you kidding me!

He became a big joke and a freak in the media

If you think Madonna gets bad press, you need to read up on some of MJ's press before he died!

Just plain vicious and nasty!

Well, drunkbysix and TearsInHeaven, I do think that I get what you're saying, but honestly, I believe the Britney performance is a totally different situation, at least in the matter of what you have originally said - that people didn't call him 'desperate' because of performing with Britney while they do now with Madonna performing with Miley. The difference is people are saying Madonna is desperate because she is a guest performer of a Miley concert. People couldn't have said that about MJ anyway because it was his concert, Britney was the guest performer!

But regardless of that, I think there's no need to try bringing up examples of other artists in order to disprove what we know is wrong anyway. Madonna isn't desperate because of her performance with Miley. MJ wasn't either. We shouldn't listen to what some people say on irrelevant internet forums or blogs! We know it's not true :thumbsup:

Michael was NOT universally loved after the molestation allegations, are you kidding me!

If you think Madonna gets bad press, you need to read up on some of MJ's press before he died!

Well I'm talking about I regards to his music but yeah he was pretty dogged on around that time. But a lot of people still loved him

Guest ditaluver

well im sorry but if he molested kids, and I BELIEVE HE DID....then he deserved every piece of shit that was flung his direction

and to top it off what a DRUG ADDICT

That's your only argument?

I'm here because i'm a Madonna fan, this is her forum, not a Miley fansite and i'm against their collaboration because i want Madonna to be respected and not be seen like a desperate slut trying to stay relevant via popular artists

there's people that hate her no matter what difference do they make they have been talking in the same circles for 30 years

And it's supposed to be a good thing?

I didn't say it is good nor necessarily bad thing . It is just the way it is and Miley represents the new generation perfectly.

1613785_10152189257258637_259105332_n.jp

Remember this? There was a thread last week, I think.

It is always interesting to compare two different periods. 1984 and 2014.

^Actually TMZ did a report a few months ago on the secret project launch party and Harvey said something like "I don't like her but lets be real here Madonna is definitely one of the biggest stars that ever lived".

I didn't say it is good nor necessarily bad thing . It is just the way it is and Miley represents the new generation perfectly.

1613785_10152189257258637_259105332_n.jp

Remember this? There was a thread last week, I think.

It is always interesting to compare two different periods. 1984 and 2014.

Life itself! :dramatic: Miley and her channeling of Menly C could never. :sassy: