Swim. The best political song

karbatal

I was yesterday listening to ROL and Swim came and the lyrics are so brilliant. Of course the production and melody is FLAWLESS but the lyrics are so incredible. Madonna has writen many songs where she explains her disappointment at the state of the world, and this is my fav. Hollywood is great too, but Swim is so clever

"Children killing children
While the students rape their teachers
Comets fly across the sky
While the churches burn their preachers"
She's at her finest here!
What a pity she never did this song live!

Yes. LOVE this song. One of my all-time favorites -- and I have loved it ever since my first spin of "Ray of Light" back in 1998.

I recall -- way back in the early days of Madonna message boards -- that there were rumors of this being rehearsed on guitar for the Drowned World Tour. I believe it was supposed to be done for the punk section, but was dropped for "Candy Perfume Girl."

Definitely NOT my pick for her best political song. Some of the lyrics are cringe-inducing. "Why's It So Hard" is tops for me. Not that there are many viable options.

Cringe inducing? How so? Incredible lyrics I think.

Whys it so Hard is disposably glib on the other hand...weird that you prefer that

Cringe inducing? How so? Incredible lyrics I think.

Whys it so Hard is disposably glib on the other hand...weird that you prefer that

"Children killing children, while students rape their teachers"?

How is WISH "glib"?