What year did you become a Madonna fan?

Guest Xanthium

Guest Rachelle of London

1994! 3 years old, my sister had bought Bedtime Stories...I used to singalong to Survival

but then I suppose maybe from 1991 because my Mum was a fan, so I was born into ir

2000, before that year i occasionally enjoyed her music, but then i discovered ROL :wow: (i know, a little late), right after that she released Music and officially got me :drama:

I always knew about her and liked her songs but I didn't become a proper massive fan until You'll See, in 1995. I was 13 and that song was heaven sent for me as it helped me through a tough time.

In 1989 when I was about 7, I heard Like a Prayer on the radio and the ensuing controversy with the video all over the news and I thought to myself "I have to find out more about this Madonna".

Even though she was older than my Mom. LOL

By 1990 with Vogue, Dick Tracy, and Blond Ambition I was a MEGAFAN and started collecting every magazine cover, poster book, pins calendars etc. I could find.

My Dad even took me to see Dick Tracy on my last day of school as a present for making the honor roll

Gurl, where was your fan card during the Confessions era?

Thats my least favorite album of the 2000's era anyway. The Confessions Tour however did peak my interest when it was aired, TWICE, on Bravo TV. Madonna has always gotten my attention throughout my life (Human Nature, LDLHA, Music, HOLLYWOOD & DIE ANOTHER DAY) but I didn't actively seek out her musical catalog until Hard Candy came out & scalped me bald.

Thats my least favorite album of the 2000's era anyway. The Confessions Tour however did peak my interest when it was aired, TWICE, on Bravo TV. Madonna has always gotten my attention throughout my life (Human Nature, LDLHA, Music, HOLLYWOOD & DIE ANOTHER DAY) but I didn't actively seek out her musical catalog until Hard Candy came out & scalped me bald.

Confessions scalped me bald. Literally.

It was the era I began to lose my hair. :lmao:

[conspiracy] So you SACRIFICED your hair to become a Madonna fan? [/conspiracies]

I did. And I don't regret one follicle of it.

Praise the REAL WHORE OF BABYLON!

Confessions was THE LAST GREAT MADONNA ERA.

Period

I enjoyed the HC and MDNA albums and tours but the magic of the Confessions era was missing

Partly because Madonna actually promoted that album, she did lots of TV shows was on a gazillion magazine covers and seemed really happy and proud to talk about the album

Basically the opposite of how the MDNA era went down

I posted upthread that it was in 1989 when I was 7, but I became a major loon fan in 1990.

I wish I was old enough to have remembered the Like a Virgin era Madonna craze of 84-85, but I was only like 2 at the time

Any older posters have stories from that fabled era

I know my 10 years older cousin Lisa was a "wannabe", or so she tells me.