What year did you become a Madonna fan?

Guest Xanthium

I knew I was a loon when I used to sneak downstairs to watch her videos at night as a child! My childhood is filled with memories of Madonna. Whole family are BIG FANS!

http://stephnz.tumblr.com/post/89960358077/my-poem-mother-which-ran-in-volume-87-1-of

August 1st, 2012

I was on a British Airways flight from London to New York and the only pop album they had on the IFE was MDNA. I'd always liked Madonna, but I didn't know much about her and barely knew her music so I decided to check it out. I was returning home from six incredibly stressful weeks with family in Sweden and "Falling Free" perfectly captured the feeling of release I had since I was leaving. I'll never forget listening to FF on repeat while watching the sun set over Greenland.

After I returned, I found a copy of American Life for $2 at a local Goodwill (thrift store) and fell in love with the whole album. Once I fully listened to that, I bought a copy of MDNA and started working my ways backwards through the discography.

The rest, as they say, is history - I've been a devoted fan ever since. I've still never actually seen her in concert and this is my first album era as a fan!

August 1st, 2012

I was on a British Airways flight from London to New York and the only pop album they had on the IFE was MDNA. I'd always liked Madonna, but I didn't know much about her and barely knew her music so I decided to check it out. I was returning home from six incredibly stressful weeks with family in Sweden and "Falling Free" perfectly captured the feeling of release I had since I was leaving. I'll never forget listening to FF on repeat while watching the sun set over Greenland.

After I returned, I found a copy of American Life for $2 at a local Goodwill (thrift store) and fell in love with the whole album. Once I fully listened to that, I bought a copy of MDNA and started working my ways backwards through the discography.

The rest, as they say, is history - I've been a devoted fan ever since. I've still never actually seen her in concert and this is my first album era as a fan!

OMG I just realized that that was two years ago today! How bizarre is that!?

It's my fanniversary. :lol:

My uncle was always a big fan, my mother and aunt like her too and they fully lived the M fever of the LAV era but he turned out as the biggest M fan in the family since the Erotica era. I remember as a child going to his house and he had this big M picture in his room:

425205369_dd9890b8c2.jpg

He also had a VHS with bunch of her videos (the erotica one really intrigued me as it was... "not for kids" :chuckle: ) and a lot of cds, I liked the Immaculate collection one because of the pictures and I hated Music and the Live To Tell cofessions performance... Years later in 2010 when I was 13 I watched a Madonna special on VH1 with her 80s videos and wanted to see more, then I watched the S&S tour on tv and BAM! I was so amazed by her energy and the songs, since that moment I went CRAZY for her, I downloaded the double disc Celebration and listened on repeat all the time, I also borrowed my uncle's Celebration and Girlie Show dvds and watched them over and over for weeks. Then I started to download her studio albums (i'm still working on my physical collection). However I didn't have to money to see her live on 2012 so I'm already saving money for the next tour. I'm ready for you queen!

1985. I only discovered her first album after LAV and got lost in her magic for good. She became the soundtrack to my life and that will never change. I love you Madonna.