Do you think Madge should do a Xmas album?

horn

A Madonna Christmas Album?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. A Madonna Christmas Album?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only when she can no longer sell her studio album...
    • Maybe... never say never

Um no. If she ever decides to record an album that is not a new studio album, then I hope it is an acoustic album of some of her best songs or an album full of cover versions of some of her favorite songs.

Guest Xanthium

I love certain Xmas albums but it's not a format I'd like to see her pursue. She obviously views it as something for has-beens and ass kissers. Madonna fancies herself a revolutionary and revolutionaries don't make Xmas albums. Besides, we wouldn't want Esther to be shunned at the Kabbalah Center :chuckle:

I love certain Xmas albums but it's not a format I'd like to see her pursue. She obviously views it as something for has-beens and ass kissers. Madonna fancies herself a revolutionary and revolutionaries don't make Xmas albums. Besides, we wouldn't want Esther to be shunned at the Kabbalah Center :chuckle:

:rotfl:

she-s-not-a-christian-o.gif

she's not a christian or a jew. she's just living out the american dream and she just realized she wants more young cock and some extra pink shaven pussy to munch on.

Edited by Stud

I'd be here for that honestly. I think she could put some really interesting twists on classic songs and make them her own. She could do it with orbit and kalakan or something?

You mean like "American Pie"?

Monster hit all over the world (Except US)!

Years ago, didn't she say she found the idea of doing a Christmas album cheesy or something?

She has also said techno equals death... And yet ROL became one of her most important album in her career.

From Spin magazine:

Spin : Do you remember saying in an interview that techno equals death ?

Madonna : Yes.

Spin : Do you still believe that ?

Madonna : To a certain extent. There was a type of techno I was listening to had a real emotional void. But I think it’s developed into something else and now there’s feeling and warmth to it. You can attach it to humanity and before I couldn’t. I couldn’t feel anything.

1998-madonna-spin.jpg

http://allaboutmadonna.com/madonna-interviews-articles/spin-april-1998

And now I find... I've changed my mind

Maybe an album "infused" with Christmas elements... have a feel of Christmas but w/o all the cliche/joy/bells/snow/santa/turkey etc.

It's like ROL. There's techno elements but mixed with other elements that made it sound cool and innovative.

Something ppl has not done before.

As much as I love Christmas music, I just can't see her doing it. I can almost see her cringing at the idea. Santa Baby was the perfect choice for her...

Some others that might work:

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

Winter Wonderland (I just love the bridge to this song)

Merry Christmas Baby

Blue Christmas

Happy Xmas (War is Over)

Do They Know It's Christmas

:lmao::lmao:

I voted for maybe, never say never. If anyone could put an interesting twist on it, it would be Madonna. But I would vote for more of a holiday album, rather than a Christmas album, where it deals with things like winter, family, celebration, giving, maybe even Santa Claus etc, not anything from a purely Christian birth of Jesus point of view. Madonna has a very multicultural fan base with plenty of Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, atheist fans etc. It would be cool if she wrote some new songs in the holiday theme for it, and limit the classics that have been overdone. I do think doing Winter Wonderland would be cool since that is a song that I enjoy that is non religious.