Madonna and social media - what do you think?

Apples388

She certainly has come a long way, hasn't she? In 2010 she said to Ellen she tends to stay away from the internet as much as she can; and then of course before that she said she never watched TV or read magazines etc. etc.

Clearly that is no longer the case. I think her preferred platform remains Instagram because it's pictorial. I get the impression her 'team' then copies and pastes it all into her other accounts; but the primary outlet is normally Instagram.

Do you like that she's more available now? Or do you think she's compromised and sacrificed some of her mystique?

She had to step up her game because of Lady Gaga. :dead:

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=29364

oh so THIS is the infamous thread. funny how some of those people are now destroying her on Flop Princesses :rotfl:

on topic, i am glad she joined Instagram especially when she was there posting her own work of arts. that was really interesting.

Edited by TearsInHeaven

I think she is using social media in the best way possible. She is not tweeting stupid messages daily or over-doing things. Therefore she still has some mystique and her instragram photos and messages are always interesting. She had to dip into social media as it really is the main way a lot of people communicate and even become aware of things today.

Glad she did and IG is her weapon of choice. Glad she doesn't use Twitter.

Yep. She uses social media in the way that a lot of artists (rather than celebrities do). She's cool. I get it.

Her embrace of internet technology has been a real treat, but hopefully she won't go overboard.

For example, I would hate if she sent out a tweet of her taking a huge shit or videos/photos of her beating her kids for not eating kosher!!

She certainly has come a long way, hasn't she? In 2010 she said to Ellen she tends to stay away from the internet as much as she can; and then of course before that she said she never watched TV or read magazines etc. etc.

Clearly that is no longer the case. I think her preferred platform remains Instagram because it's pictorial. I get the impression her 'team' then copies and pastes it all into her other accounts; but the primary outlet is normally Instagram.

Do you like that she's more available now? Or do you think she's compromised and sacrificed some of her mystique?

I don't think she's compromised on anything at all and much less sacrificed her mystique. I love that even in times of no new music and no touring she still has stuff going on but without it being excessive. Love when she disappears for weeks and you won't find a pap picture of her anywhere

She's using social media very differently. As you said the primary platform is her Instagram. All the rest is merely very business-oriented or events-oriented. I was actually surprised myself when she opened her Instagram account early this year

But in a year where BB Awards and MDNA premiere in NY aside there wasn't much going on, every time she's posted something on her Instagram, it made headlines everywhere. I think that says a lot about her star status in 2013. So I am glad she doesn't seem to use it like others do and I am not referring to one element in particular

A lot of celebrities, bigger and smaller seem to live on Twitter and often end up engaging in the most trivial, pointless bickering with other celebrities. Love for istance how for every time any celebrity has tweeted about her this year she hasn't bothered to respond at all

I'm getting kind of frustrated with people being so lazy with the secret project/art for freedom. I bet in years time people will look back and be like 'wow that was so cool'. Why does everybody take so long to get things?!!!!!