What Evita song should she perform in the future...

acko

^ This is the only one that really makes sense. It was a hit.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind the dance version of "Buenos Aires." Could totally see a LIB/WTG/Evita medley or mash-up in an upcoming tour.

^ This is the only one that really makes sense. It was a hit

Err… "Lament" wasn't even released and I doubt anyone would argue that it wasn't one of the highlights of the Re-Invention Tour.

And since when has Madonna been known for performing "the hits"?

I remember around the time of S & S being rehearsed before the tour started that I read Buenos Aires was suppose to be on the set list. I don't know if that was accurate, but that would have been great.

The Evita songs in Reinvention and S & S were highlights

"I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You".

Yes, I love how she sang this. Made it so seductive.

. Don't cry for me Argentina, Another suitcase, Buenos Aires. Great solo songs. Also, I don't know how she could incorporate it, but would love a version of A new Argentina. She sang the hell out of that song. Her vocals on that were incredible.

I've always envisioned her doing Buenos Aires live someday. The potential choreography would be :dramatic: And I love Another Suitcase too. Also agree on her vocals re: A New Argentina, jazzyjan but you're right, that one would be harder to incorporate.

Err… "Lament" wasn't even released and I doubt anyone would argue that it wasn't one of the highlights of the Re-Invention Tour.

And since when has Madonna been known for performing "the hits"?

True! Didn't mean to suggest that something else couldn't work. But she's never performed that song and it was indeed a Top 10 hit (in the U.S.), so that's my pick for what she "should" perform in the future. At this point, it really would be the one that makes the most sense. And no, she doesn't always perform the hits, but USUALLY when she digs out old songs, they're hits. "Lament" was a rare exception. Am I forgetting anything?

Rainbow High- the lyric about her not being 'some second rate queen getting kicks with the crown' has never been more relevant. In fact, I can see her reinventing the entire song into a FABULOUS high-fashion runway tune (maybe by mixing it with Material Girl or Vogue) on her next tour. Ugh, I can literally picture it already:

EYES. HAIR. MOUTH. FIGURE.

DRESS. VOICE. STYLE. MOVEMENT.

HANDS. MAGIC. RINGS. GLAMOUR.

FACE. DIAMONDS. EXCITEMENT. IMAGE.

tumblr_mdzti9Jm8a1roumcho1_500.gif

I'd Be Surprisingly Good for You! I'm so happy so many here love this too!

It would be gorgeous. So seductive. I could see it working as the last song in a set (fading out just like it did in the movie).

Rainbow High- the lyric about her not being 'some second rate queen getting kicks with the crown' has never been more relevant. In fact, I can see her reinventing the entire song into a FABULOUS high-fashion runway tune (maybe by mixing it with Material Girl or Vogue) on her next tour. Ugh, I can literally picture it already:

You do me proud son

KDApt.gif

There's only little things I can stomach amongst the kitsch pop rock horror that is Andrew Horrid Webber,

this being one of them....

Not much of an Evita fan but I immediately thought of this when I saw the thread. I love it.

YESSSS!!! She could have used those lyrics for the Vogue Rap. She wouldn't have been so bored during the performance :chuckle: