Ms most underrated songs

Ciccone's Cheeks

I was kind of in a rush when I started the thread but I DEF. meant to also add HUNG UP (at least in the States for very obvious reasons). I think today it actually would've smashed (possibly gone #1), would've prob. been considered a bonafide comeback of the century 'cause its M (and would've been the 'Believe' of the decade) and is def. more radio friendly NOW than 8 years ago! :/ lol.

Others I def. agree with- True Blue (perfect, catchy, fun pop song and worldwide smash yet I only hear it once in a blue moon in the supermarket lol or a random place but not enough on the radio etc..),

You'll See and This Used To Be My Playground. While I'm not a huge fan of those songs, I think they def. should get more AC airplay. I actually still hear I'll Remember and many of her other ballads but YS and TUTBMP not so much. I think You'll See is a way better song than TUTBMP (which went to #1 while YS just missed the top 5). IMO it was a song that was as big as it was (for a brief period) mainly due to timing than quality (being associated with a mega smash movie, peak of popularity and 'right' before most of the world (mainly the U.S.) started stoning her with Erotica a few months later) :(.

While I love the song Oh Father and do think its underrated it's def. more of a great album track than single material. It just lacked the flow, melody and genius of Live To Tell, yet still a great song.

Material Girl -the general public rightfully, understandably, and thankfully recognize it as one of her best, but it's under appreciated by her fans/ loons. I RARELY, if ever, see it mentioned around here. Why is that? It's funky as hell them vocals are so goooooooooooooooood. It's everything.

angel

the look of love

burning up.

I actually dont consider BU 'underrated'. If anything it's now def. considered one of her iconic, most recognizable earlier songs (hits) like Everybody yet weren't ever 'hits' lol- they were initially big flops. From a chart perspective, it may have been an 'under performer' but is VERY much appreciated by fans and def. at least remembered by the general public. Sh*t I think I hear it on classic dance and some AC dance tinged radio stations def. more than CAC, Rescue Me, Keep It 2gether (to name a few, that were def. way bigger on the charts). I NEVER hear Rescue Me or KIT lol.

*Oh and how could I forget (this shouldve been one of the first I said) GIVE IT 2 ME!! As catchy and as good its wannabe Blurred Lines lol.

Guest SecretGarden

Best Friend is criminally underrated, yes some of the lyrics are a bit...naff, but that production is quite unique and the chorus is pop perfection.

Best Friend is criminally underrated, yes some of the lyrics are a bit...naff, but that production is quite unique and the chorus is pop perfection.

I love Best Friend so much! It should've been on the standard edition along with Beautiful Killer!

Guest SecretGarden

I love Best Friend so much! It should've been on the standard edition along with Beautiful Killer!

Agreed. I actually think all four of the bonus tracks should have been on the standard edition (replacing Give Me All Your Luvin, Superstar, Girl Gone Wild and Turn Up The Radio, the weakest tracks on the album imo and ironically three of them were chosen as singles, lmao.)

Agreed. I actually think all four of the bonus tracks should have been on the standard edition (replacing Give Me All Your Luvin, Superstar, Girl Gone Wild and Turn Up The Radio, the weakest tracks on the album imo and ironically three of them were chosen as singles, lmao.)

I think GGW was essential for this album. It was the theme song and a great opening track for the tour and the album. I agree with the other three though. TUTR, Superstar and GMAYL should've been replaced by BF and BK. I Fucked Up is a good song but not good enough for the standard edition. I really liked the Kelis track "Kids" and think it would've been a great track if sung by Madonna. Actaully IDGA and IAS are not too strong either...they're fillers but they add to the flow of the album. Love Spent is a beautiful song but was extremely overproduced. It remains one of the best tracks though.

Spotlight of course

"Don't stand in the corner waiting for the chance

Make your own music start your own dance"

Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today.

I always thought that line summed up M well :elite: