Madge Fans, Please Tell Me Why You Guys Dislike.....

StrawberryBounce12

One of her best Videos. simply gorgeous.

The song? Not my cup of tea. Cheesy (Mariah carey style) track to please the American radio post-erotica. yuck

Secret and Take A Bow was the closest I came to losing complete interest in Madonna. It just all seemed really safe and boring to me, I knew she needed to do it but it just didn't hold my interest. I actually really like Babyface's faster tracks like It's No Crime and Giving You the Benefit but she only did slow songs with him.

What about the song is cheesy?

Nothing about the song is schmaltzy or cheesy!

Now "Cherish" is kind of a cheesy and cutesy song but not "Take A Bow". I just don't hear what some of you are hearing.

As I said, perhaps some of you dislike r&b and maybe that's why so many dislike "Take A Bow". The song is class all the way. I don't find it boring, simplistic or safe at all.

Gorgeous song with a beautiful melody and sad lyrics. I still think Madonna is one of the best singers of ballads ever. She puts so much emotion into these songs without screaming, squealing or yelling.

I suppose it would not be to everyone's taste though but that's OK. I just find comments about things being dated and cheesy quite strange. If I love a song, I don't go back to it years later and think it is dated and that goes for all artists. Music is timeless and enjoying music from the past is as important as enjoying music from the present.

It's a great song. Very beautiful and she looks stunning in the vid. That part with her rolling around is pure sex. I can understand why someone wouldn't like the song, but that doesn't mean it isn't beautiful.

I never got into either, even when it was first released. I was about 11 at the time and didn't even know it was a single because Australian video shows weren't too keen to show the video because of the bullfighting featured in it so it never got an audience here and never really did that well. I was stoked when I read in the paper that it had become a massive number one hit in America. I still have the clipping.

Sad it was never nominated for a Grammy. She was definately robbed there.

TAB was pretty commercial, with Babyface and all (he was one of the hottest producers at the time). But, it's lovely and has a great video. And it a first for Babyface in that it had live strings (way to go, Madge).

It's not something I would point to as one of her very best and most essential tracks, but it's a winner.

sometimes you are very bizarre.

Only sometimes? :lol:

TAB was pretty commercial, with Babyface and all (he was one of the hottest producers at the time). But, it's lovely and has a great video. And it a first for Babyface in that it had live strings (way to go, Madge).

It's not something I would point to as one of her very best and most essential tracks, but it's a winner.

:thumbsup: Fair enough

Gorgeous song with a beautiful melody and sad lyrics. I still think Madonna is one of the best singers of ballads ever. She puts so much emotion into these songs without screaming, squealing or yelling.

I suppose it would not be to everyone's taste though but that's OK. I just find comments about things being dated and cheesy quite strange. If I love a song, I don't go back to it years later and think it is dated and that goes for all artists. Music is timeless and enjoying music from the past is as important as enjoying music from the present.

Agree.

Well In a Greek BS interview in 1994 in Paris, Madonna said she considered TAB one of the best

songs she'd ever written & went on 2 say she came up with the chorus melody while Babyface

said in another interview that year that Madonna reinforced his faith in collaborative songwriting

as she is actually a writer who brings something 2 the table.

Case closed.

THIS

There's an oriental element (such as cantopop) in the song.

That's why it sounds a little weird to some.

It's something very different from what M had done in the past.

Personally I couldn't accept it in the first place but I'd started to like it after seeing the video.