Roger Waters Passes Madonna for Solo Boxscore Record with $459M

lasky

I don't believe that's entirely true. I think this is completely a Body of Evidence situation where Madonna is Rebecca Carlson and Australia is her bitch. She teases us because she knows we want her so badly. After the first 10 years of her career she decided to give us a treat for obeying her desires and it's fitting that it was the Erotica album/ Girlie Show that she toured here with. Afterwards she decided to heighten the stakes and doubles the waiting time to test our faithfulness. With each tour that passes, she whispers "Don't fear, I'm coming soon Australia." We continue to give her #1 albums and songs to please her. We need to earn our slice of Madonna as she enforces that we must justify her love.

The belief that she doesn't care for Australia is false, it's truly the opposite. She gives Europe and South America the impression that she loves them the most, but it's Australia that she dances with due to that deep passion and desire that we have. So don't fear Australia, she's coming soon.

Hahahahhahahaa :rotfl:

I don't believe that's entirely true. I think this is completely a Body of Evidence situation where Madonna is Rebecca Carlson and Australia is her bitch. She teases us because she knows we want her so badly. After the first 10 years of her career she decided to give us a treat for obeying her desires and it's fitting that it was the Erotica album/ Girlie Show that she toured here with. Afterwards she decided to heighten the stakes and doubles the waiting time to test our faithfulness. With each tour that passes, she whispers "Don't fear, I'm coming soon Australia." We continue to give her #1 albums and songs to please her. We need to earn our slice of Madonna as she enforces that we must justify her love.

The belief that she doesn't care for Australia is false, it's truly the opposite. She gives Europe and South America the impression that she loves them the most, but it's Australia that she dances with due to that deep passion and desire that we have. So don't fear Australia, she's coming soon.

:lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

HAHAHAHA! love this!!!!

Good for him, but who goes to these super successful concerts us gays don't even know about? :lol:

If Madonna bothered to tour Australia and Asia she could have kept this record. Lazy bitch has been.

:rotfl:

:lmao:

GREAT!!

oh please. $ is the first and easy reason anyone could give because it sounds believable and not complicated. all that hearsay is often based on pure assumptions.

Yeah, I was gonna say that sounds simple and convenient. She had been on the road 8 months already, her longest and most grueling tour. I don't think she wanted to take a break for a couple weeks (holidays) then go back to Australia and finish the tour. I think when she made the decision not to go to Australia, she was anticipating on how she would feel by the time she would reach Australia (Jan 2013). Judging by her health and the way she was looking those last few shows of the tour, I think she made the right choice. Better to start with Australia/Japan etc with the next tour. My guess is she wants to be in tip-top condition when she sees her Australian fans for the first time n 20+ years. She simply wouldn't have been had she went at the end of MDNA tour. She was well and over the tour by the time Dec rolled around.

Guest Rachelle of London

She needs to start the next tour in Oz, imagine how nice it would be for her to spend 2 weeks rehearsing down there and then start the tour there. That would be a lovely treat for the Australian fans!

Guest bluejean

What makes you think this bitch knows what she's talking about?

He worked in the industry as a tour coordinator for a major promoter here among other things. I thought he may have been talking about Sticky & Sweet. But he specifically referred to Live Nation trying to get her here and the deal falling through at the last minute.

I asked him why he thinks most other artists tour here but Madonna doesn't. And he said basically, that they make a lot less money touring in Australia than other places but most of them do it because they appreciate their fans. And that Madonna is all about business and doesn't care about her fans. Now that is his interpretation/opinion and somewhat extreme and I don't believe for a second Madonna doesn't care about her fans. But I don't think its that out there to conclude Madonna does what is going to make her the most money. It's the same reason she charges outrageously high ticket prices.

Perhaps she agreed to go to Australia initially but once she got into the tour and realised how taxing it was she decided the amount of effort required to go into 2013 wasn't worth the amount of $$$ she'd be getting. Or perhaps she just really needed to spend more time with Lourdes :lmao:

He worked in the industry as a tour coordinator for a major promoter here among other things. I thought he may have been talking about Sticky & Sweet. But he specifically referred to Live Nation trying to get her here and the deal falling through at the last minute.

I asked him why he thinks most other artists tour here but Madonna doesn't. And he said basically, that they make a lot less money touring in Australia than other places but most of them do it because they appreciate their fans. And that Madonna is all about business and doesn't care about her fans. Now that is his interpretation/opinion and somewhat extreme and I don't believe for a second Madonna doesn't care about her fans. But I don't think its that out there to conclude Madonna does what is going to make her the most money. It's the same reason she charges outrageously high ticket prices.

Perhaps she agreed to go to Australia initially but once she got into the tour and realised how taxing it was she decided the amount of effort required to go into 2013 wasn't worth the amount of $$$ she'd be getting. Or perhaps she just really needed to spend more time with Lourdes :lmao:

So he basically knows FUCK ALL then? :lmao: Madonna has to pay a lot of outgoings for her tours...imagine how much it costs to make a show like that AND have it travel around the world! That's why her ticket prices are high. You get what you pay for.

To be honest, this does sound credible to me. She did say she would go to Oz and then later backed out so I can't think of any other reason why she would do that other than the deal falling through. The time/money ratio is unlikely to make it worth her while and we know those are two main things that Madonna really cares about after her children.

Yeah, I was gonna say that sounds simple and convenient. She had been on the road 8 months already, her longest and most grueling tour. I don't think she wanted to take a break for a couple weeks (holidays) then go back to Australia and finish the tour. I think when she made the decision not to go to Australia, she was anticipating on how she would feel by the time she would reach Australia (Jan 2013). Judging by her health and the way she was looking those last few shows of the tour, I think she made the right choice. Better to start with Australia/Japan etc with the next tour. My guess is she wants to be in tip-top condition when she sees her Australian fans for the first time n 20+ years. She simply wouldn't have been had she went at the end of MDNA tour. She was well and over the tour by the time Dec rolled around.

She needs to start the next tour in Oz, imagine how nice it would be for her to spend 2 weeks rehearsing down there and then start the tour there. That would be a lovely treat for the Australian fans!

yes but dont forget that the aussies are REALLY critical when it comes to tours of popstars (unless they're pink or gags).. so if she opens there and they don't like it, I fear for the reviews of other dates, as they somehow have such a huge influence when it comes to these things..

i also dont know if they'll forgive her so easily.. they may hold up a grudge against her now. her next tour has to be REALLY good with amazing vocals from the start of the show and tour.. i'm talking frozen from RIT which they showed everywhere at every city she played at on every news station. those amazing vocals plus the madonna name made the astonishing reviews and sold the tickets themselves. I really hope she does a more casual fan friendly tour, such as the girlie show and RIT (especially when it comes to vocals, and the live band)

Guest Rachelle of London

yes but dont forget that the aussies are REALLY critical when it comes to tours of popstars (unless they're pink or gags).. so if she opens there and they don't like it, I fear for the reviews of other dates, as they somehow have such a huge influence when it comes to these things..

i also dont know if they'll forgive her so easily.. they may hold up a grudge against her now. her next tour has to be REALLY good with amazing vocals from the start of the show and tour.. i'm talking frozen from RIT which they showed everywhere at every city she played at on every news station. those amazing vocals plus the madonna name made the astonishing reviews and sold the tickets themselves. I really hope she does a more casual fan friendly tour, such as the girlie show and RIT (especially when it comes to vocals, and the live band)

I think Australia will love it no matter what...personally I think S&S wouldve been the best tour to take to Oz, but then again I think Austalians wouldve LOVED the edginess of MDNA too. They'll "forgive" Madonna, they always do, her albums do well there, its one of her best markets, HC fitness is there :chuckle: you gotta love Ausdonna

Why do artists make less $$ in Australia?? I thought the extended stays many artists do would make up for any extra travel costs etc. I don't buy for a minute that Pink and Gaga stay in Australia for a month SOLELY for the "love of the fans"......that's bullshit.....somebody is making $$$ somewhere and Madonna's revenue would blow whatever those cheap bitches make out the water......although Pink puts on an amazing show, shame she's released the same album for 11 years.

Guest bluejean

Why do artists make less $$ in Australia?? I thought the extended stays many artists do would make up for any extra travel costs etc. I don't buy for a minute that Pink and Gaga stay in Australia for a month SOLELY for the "love of the fans"......that's bullshit.....somebody is making $$$ somewhere and Madonna's revenue would blow whatever those cheap bitches make out the water......although Pink puts on an amazing show, shame she's released the same album for 11 years.

Most artists couldn't sell a months worth of shows here. Madonna probably could but perhaps she doesn't want to spend 1 month in 1 country when she can go elsewhere and make more. I don't recall P!nk or Gaga ever selling our stadiums in South America. They don't have the alternative options Madonna has.

Australia's population is very small compared to the US, Europe, South America etc. So to bring a huge production to a country that is completely isolated costs money, then they have to cart it around from city to city and it is not small place. It seems pretty logical to me that touring artists usually make less money here than in Europe, the US or South America for those reasons alone. I'm sure there are other factors too.

Guest bluejean

So he basically knows FUCK ALL then? :lmao: Madonna has to pay a lot of outgoings for her tours...imagine how much it costs to make a show like that AND have it travel around the world! That's why her ticket prices are high. You get what you pay for.

If you read what I actually wrote he didn't say anything about ticket prices, that was me saying that. And you pretty much just supported what he said. Yes, "imagine what it costs to make a show like that AND have it travel around the world." That's the whole point. It costs alot to bring a show of that size here. Hence her decision not to come.

Well who said she has to stay for a month and tour every city?

This isn't the 80s or early 90s anymore. I think she will be fine performing in only 2 cities. She did 8 shows from 4 cities in OZ back in 93. She did the same amount of shows in Japan but from only 2 cities. When she went back to japan for CT she only did 4 shows.

I think her return to Oz is important and somewhat critical at this point since she made a promise. She has traveled the world with her kids, she has even vacationed in India, i don't see why she wouldn't want to take her kids to OZ, they would love it there.

Guest bluejean

You're missing the point. Which is that it costs alot to bring a huge tour to Australia since its not close to anything else, doing just afew cities wouldn't be worth it. Australia only has 3-5 cities worth doing huge concerts in to begin with. When P!nk plays for a month or more straight most of the shows are in Sydney and Melbourne.

Of course she should tour Australia. Just as she should tour Asia more extensively. But she clearly doesn't want to that badly or she'd have done it already. Hopefully next time!

If you read what I actually wrote he didn't say anything about ticket prices, that was me saying that. And you pretty much just supported what he said. Yes, "imagine what it costs to make a show like that AND have it travel around the world." That's the whole point. It costs alot to bring a show of that size here. Hence her decision not to come.

Maybe you should move to the cool side of the Earth? Sorry Jaz, San etcetera. :kiss2:

Won't we just have this issue next tour? Her tours are getting progressively bigger and bigger production and price wise so it doesn't make sense. I believe she cancelled because once she was in the middle of MDNA she realized she had bitten off more than she could chew and was exhausted. The thought of going through all that effort and spending that length of time on the road for little return financially probably horrified her hence the cancellation. I do believe MDNA totally wore her out and she did seem exhausted and over it by the time she got to South America and she was very cranky during the soundchecks and sick with the flu. She only came here in 1993 because her other markets were drying up, this time around as someone else mentioned, she had many other options. If she does cone here eventually it would have to be at the start of the tour and only because she really wants to, not for the money.

Guest bluejean

Exactly. Agree 100% Rugbystud. I think with TGS she came cos she really wanted to come to Australia "I wanna see kangaroos, I wanna hear people see g'day." Since then she couldn't give a shit.

Guest bluejean

P.S that wasn't a snub...you can come along. :lol:

Well if she starts the tour in LA like previous others we should go to opening night. Then trek back and see her play in Europe in front of a real audience. Not London obviously though.

Guest bluejean

Well NYC will be the easiest place to get good tickets I think cos she usually does multiple shows. Unless its at Yankee Stadium but hopefully they'll have a MSG show again like the last time.