Secret Project REVOLUTION!

Camacho

I'm curious to see if I will enjoy Secret P because I have not liked what has been previewed, and leaves me with negative feelings about what she has been doing creatively in her career right now. Hope to be surprised in a good way.

I'm curious to see if I will enjoy Secret P because I have not liked what has been previewed, and leaves me with negative feelings about what she has been doing creatively in her career right now. Hope to be surprised in a good way.

Santana_rolling_her_eyes.gif

Well, quite possibly the next few weeks are going to suck for you once all the publicity and attention (good or bad) she gets from this.

Honestly, I can't see how anyone can get negative feelings from brief synopsis of a message about "Love" and bringing people together. I fully expect you, other fans and plenty of other non-fans will just not get it. They will just pick it apart and look for any negative spin to it when the message is about bringing people together.

Well, quite possibly the next few weeks are going to suck for you once all the publicity and attention (good or bad) she gets from this.

Honestly, I can't see how anyone can get negative feelings from brief synopsis of a message about "Love" and bringing people together. I fully expect you, other fans and plenty of other non-fans will just not get it. They will just pick it apart and look for any negative spin to it when the message is about bringing people together.

Or they will just say they are not into it until it comes out and then say it was amazing.

i.e. most people on this board. :chuckle:

Not me, EXCEPT for GMAYL. I always have a little extra faith in her other projects...as you know I love the gyms/DVDs/perfumes/movies...

The secret project will b flawless for sure. Whether it will change the world? No. But it can open plenty of people's eyes, get people involved, and see a side of Madonna people have been shunning since the American Life era.

Guest Not4Pussies

Not me, EXCEPT for GMAYL. I always have a little extra faith in her other projects...as you know I love the gyms/DVDs/perfumes/movies...

The secret project will b flawless for sure. Whether it will change the world? No. But it can open plenty of people's eyes, get people involved, and see a side of Madonna people have been shunning since the American Life era.

yes. thank you for saying this! i am surprised so many people barely post in this thread and dont really care for this project of hers.

since there's no new music and they don't have a certain type of appreciation for art/film and awareness about the world, they don't care.

i dont really care for her gyms and perfumes but stuff like SPR really intrigues me

Some people still have yet to figure out that Madonna isn't the entertaiment moguel she is just because of her music. Yes, it's a huge part, but her persona, controversy, and side projects have always been a huge part of whom she's become over the years. Certainly, she's better at delivering music, but again, I don't believe she would be as interesting if it was just about the music especially in more recent years. And the fact, she uses her fame/influence to try to make positive changes says a lot. People have said for years about famous people... "why not put your fame to work... do something positive with it". So she does, and still people try to find any way to twist it into something negative or bad. Mark my words, they will do it again. It's a no brainer to gain attention on anything these days is to do things that will rile people up. Some probably won't like how she chooses to get her message across, but any other way would probably get no attention at all.

Even if her attempt to get people to react and join her for this cause fails, she at least can say she tried. Most importantly, she'll be back again. Nothing is gonna stop this woman until she's buried or she finally says... "I'm done" which I don't see happening anytime soon.

One thing I've learned to accept over the years with Madonna, its never what you expect it to be. 'It" being; tours, albums, films, etc.

I enjoy the ride and just see what happens. I can honestly say with this secret project stuff i haven't had ANY expectations, mainly because i assumed it was just

more or less a photoshoot. My curiosity and interest are definitely high. I hope to be moved by this, but its not a deal breaker if I'm not.

Maybe I'm feeling nostalgic at the moment, but to add yet ANOTHER project to her list of achievements/artistic endeavors feels very satisfying, not only as a long time fan,

but also someone who appreciates and continues to be inspired by this woman.

Some people just haven't still figured out that Madonna isn't the entertaiment moguel she is just because of her music. Yes, it's a huge part, but her persona, controversy, and side projects have always been a huge part of whom she's become over the years. Certainly, she's better at delivering music, but again, I don't believe she would be as interesting if it was just about the music especially in more recent years. And the fact, she uses her fame/influence to try to make positive changes says a lot. People have said for years about famous people... "why not put your fame to work... do something positive with it". So she does, and still people try to find any way to twist it into something negative or bad. Mark my words, they will do it again. It's a no brainer to gain attention on anything these days is to do things that will rile people up. Some probably won't like how she chooses to get her message across, but any other way would probably get no attention at all.

Even if her attempt to get people to react and join her for this cause fails, she at least can say she tried. Most importantly, she'll be back again. Nothing is gonna stop this woman until she's buried or she finally says... "I'm done" which I don't see happening anytime soon.

I agree with this, except only that I feel she's more accepted and successful at delivering music. I think that we, as fans of all her projects, can agree that sometimes her most mixed messages come in the form of her music, which may be why she's STILL misunderstood by the general public :)

I wasn't talking about you, superloon Mensch. :lol: it just seemed to me that many people had already made their minds up about this project because of the "hype" that had apparently been built up and lost at the beginning of the year, regardless of how interesting the concept has always been. Now that it's closer to release, it would seem as though the general opinion on the board has shifted to be more positive. I dunno, that's how I see it.

Since the Super Bowl, I feel more like a Madonna fan than ever. Everything since then has been great to me. That's why it's hard to post on fan boards sometimes. I understand everyone's going to have an opinion. But I've been on a Madonna high for a year and a half now. I literally have 0 complaints about her artistic output in the last 2 years. Even WE was enjoyable for me.

I wasn't talking about you, superloon Mensch. :lol: it just seemed to me that many people had already made their minds up about this project because of the "hype" that had apparently been built up and lost at the beginning of the year, regardless of how interesting the concept has always been. Now that it's closer to release, it would seem as though the general opinion on the board has shifted to be more positive. I dunno, that's how I see it.

Well I think that's just a natura reaction. At the end of the day, we all passionately love Madonna, some more than others but no one's is really measurable. We constantly think about her enough to be on this forum daily, weekly, monthly etc...either way, when something gets close to releasing, I think it would be natural to get excited. I even enjoyed GMAYL for a few week's still thinking somewhere in the back of my head that the "finished" product would be along the lines of what happened with "It's So Cool." :lol:

But you're totally right, watch how packed this thread will get come Monday...maybe even sooner if Guy tweets details.

Since the Super Bowl, I feel more like a Madonna fan than ever. Everything since then has been great to me. That's why it's hard to post on fan boards sometimes. I understand everyone's going to have an opinion. But I've been on a Madonna high for a year and a half now. I literally have 0 complaints about her artistic output in the last 2 years. Even WE was enjoyable for me.

Yas.gif

Same.

Well I think that's just a natura reaction. At the end of the day, we all passionately love Madonna, some more than others but no one's is really measurable. We constantly think about her enough to be on this forum daily, weekly, monthly etc...either way, when something gets close to releasing, I think it would be natural to get excited. I even enjoyed GMAYL for a few week's still thinking somewhere in the back of my head that the "finished" product would be along the lines of what happened with "It's So Cool." :lol:

But you're totally right, watch how packed this thread will get come Monday...maybe even sooner if Guy tweets details.

Gays gonna be creaming their panties on Monday night when photos of the worldwide premiere hit the net. :smug:

The only negative's I have against Madonna since the Superbowl are, not releasing Gang Bang and making a kickass video, and not doing Falling Free on her tour. :angry:

We all have some should've's ...I would have LOVED Falling and more videos for any of almost every song off MDNA.