Happy 13th Birthday "Music"

CMoody

I thought it was a brilliant album. It was noticeably too short though. It was the only thing that bothered me but what was on the album was amazing. (I made a pun!) My first listen I was blown away by Paradise (not for me) and Impressive Instant. I loved the toned down songs at that time like I deserve It, Nobody's Perfect and Gone that feel as if they lead into some of the songs on American Life. It's an eclectic album and especially following Ray of Light it's pretty wonderful.

I think its one of the best albums of her career. Some INCREDIBLE music on that album, the only stuff I wasnt so keen on was the Orbit stuff. A mighty fine follow up to ROL. and the videos were real cool, especially What It Feels Like For a Girl.

Seems like yesterday, great album of course, although not in my top 5. She was on top of the world back then, coming from the ROL success and being adored by the critics and general public. And it gave us Impressive Instant and Don't Tell Me, a couple which joined the list of my all time favorites.

A great album that probably cemented the "Silver Age" of her career. While I won't say it's in my top 5, it definitely had some very great highs and defining moments for her. Listening to it brings back many great memouries from a wonderful time in my life.

:lmao:

Yeah. And also she had a new born baby and she was now living in London. The music was brilliant but when you compare her to the Madonna of today she's like a different person. It's weird how Madonna really does change over the years depending on where she's at in life. Of course I love all incarnations but some better than others. She was definitely more uptight in the Guy Ritchie years compared to Ray of Light or MDNA. I think too when her kids were small she was in this serious wife/mother mode and that came across in interviews. It wasn't til Confessions she started to loosen up abit.

It's interesting how differently she dealt with her two failed marriages. After the marriage to Sean, I think she was determined to not have another failed marriage, and tried hard to save her second marriage for a longggg time before the ultimate divorce, even it it meant compromising some of her personality and beliefs in the process.

Madonna during her two marriages is like fire (Sean) and ice (Guy), almost literally.

Music was rushed out after the success of Ray Of Light. Music was riding on that wave. The album is ok, nothing amazing IMO

No way! It doesn't sound rushed. It sounds like a natural profession that happened fast. The album is incredible from beginning to end!

One of her best if not her best because it is varied, experimental and personal yet commercial, it's a light poppy album compared to Ray of light which is more classic and too academic, lacking fun. I made sure i bought the Us edition when the album was realised because i could not stand American Pie.

Music was rushed out after the success of Ray Of Light. Music was riding on that wave. The album is ok, nothing amazing IMO

No way sorry, she really went in a completely different direction, once again

Music is stylistically very different and the vibe is also a 360° turn

I think its one of the best albums of her career. Some INCREDIBLE music on that album, the only stuff I wasnt so keen on was the Orbit stuff. A mighty fine follow up to ROL. and the videos were real cool, especially What It Feels Like For a Girl

:clap:

Incredible music indeed, the 60s vibes plus French Electronica

I adored the videos for this era, all 3 of them :inlove:

They actually released Lo Que Siente La Mujer and Amazing as radio singles here in Italy

And people went crazy for those too

I wish we could have gotten a video to Amazing

I think it's one of the top 3 tracks of that album

Just WOW to the guy thinks "Music sounds rushed"

My God! Music anything but rushed, it's 10 perfectly executed pop/experimental songs all with their won personality. It was amazing that she managed to take yet another giant leap after Ray of Light. You wanna hear what a rushed album sounds like, go listen to MDNA.

Also I've never found the album to be too short. For me it's all killer no filler. Plus if on my iPod I've got American Pie, Time Stood Still, Cyber-Raga and Liquid Love as "Bonus Tracks"

Plus is was the first Madonna album I ever bought when I was 11, I couldn't believe what my ears were hearing!!

Edited by luluthecat

I was in high school when it was released, my senior year. I can remember the demo leaking at the end of my junior year months prior and I would ride around showing all my friends this new M track that so was different and experimental, yet so direct and simple. I can remember telling everyone to watch out that it was going to be a huge hit. Glad I was right!

133828-c.jpg

WARNING: I decided to give Music a birthday spin and, to enhance the experience, grabbed the limited edition thinking to myself "oh, this will be fun!". Turns out that during the years of careful storage and protection, that goddamn motherfucking peg that holds the CD in place somehow managed to superglue it's evil self to the back page of the booklet and proceded to tear the image off as I gently attempted to seperate them. :americanlife:

R-1844624-1247348664.jpeg

WARNING: I decided to give Music a birthday spin and, to enhance the experience, grabbed the limited edition thinking to myself "oh, this will be fun!". Turns out that during the years of careful storage and protection, that goddamn motherfucking peg that holds the CD in place somehow managed to superglue it's evil self to the back page of the booklet and proceded to tear the image off as I gently attempted to seperate them. :americanlife:

OH no!

OH no!

I KNOW! :lol: Thankfully that was originally my "abuse" copy that I'd opened to enjoy back in 2000. I still have sealed copies of all four colors.

"...the majority in rose, but also in grey (blue), olive (beige), and black..."

music+ltd.jpg

Absolutely wrong.

Two and a half years after ROL is not rushed and it stood out as a great record on its own terms. One of her most interesting records to date. I also think its aged better than almost all of her records, more so than ROL even tho that remains her greatest album.