Album bundle purchase for M's future tour in US - Yes or No?

horn

Tour ticket + Album bundle?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Tour ticket + Album bundle?

No.

Because if she does she will be compared to Mimiphant and that would just be wrong.

But question is, how many artist can afford to do it this way and still succeed?

Mimi or <InsertAnyFlopPrincess> having problem selling out her tour, let alone adding the album cost into the ticket price.

Depends when the tour is. If its a fair while after the albums release then no... But if its straight away then ye

If it's free, it will not be counted towards BB200 album chart.

Okay. So what?

I don't give a crap about sales n charts.

It's all about the music. Always has, always will be.

I thought the copies which were given away for free did count towards the charts? Or at least towards the total sales numbers?

If so, I don't want her to do this a second time at all, since that's nothing but blatant cheating, and in the same vein as the actions of a certain other pop singer who sold her album for 99 cent...

I thought the copies which were given away for free did count towards the charts? Or at least towards the total sales numbers?

If so, I don't want her to do this a second time at all, since that's nothing but blatant cheating, and in the same vein as the actions of a certain other pop singer selling her album for 99 cent...

It wasn't given for free.

Consumer was allowed to choose whether to get the album or not. If yes, there will be an addtional charges.

Only absolutely free copies are not eligible.

Oh, ok. So one still had to pay if he wanted the album along with the tickets? How much? If the additional charge was like 1$, it's still cheating :1251:

All Madonna related products never come cheap.

If I'm not mistaken, it's $9.99 for the regular album version (1 disc).

Blood sucking nanny. >:(

The cost was not upped if consumers opted to get MDNA- the album cost (around $10) likely was built into the ticket price.

She probably would have been No. 1 without the bundle promotion- but, the promotion gave her splashier numbers- and in turn, a huge second-week decline. I don't think she should do it again.

I remember a chart expert ( I dont know if it was from Billboard) saying that what Madonna did wasnt cheating for two reasons:

1 - The albums were'nt for free, people could choose if they wanted or not and if they wanted, they would have to pay for it.

2 - It's stupid to say she wouldn't get the #1 spot without this strategy because we can't say if the people who bought the album with the tickets, would buy it without the tickets anyway.

So I have no problem with her doing that. Except that I don't want another tour 2 months after the album release.

The cost was not upped if consumers opted to get MDNA- the album cost (around $10) likely was built into the ticket price.

She probably would have been No. 1 without the bundle promotion- but, the promotion gave her splashier numbers- and in turn, a huge second-week decline. I don't think she should do it again.

But in my opinion that happened because of the weak first single.

Of course it wasn't "cheating." Consumers had to take action to get a copy of the album. It wasn't just handed to them, a la that one Prince album (which is why the rules for bundles changed).

The MDNA Tour was the closest she had toured following an album release. I agree that she should wait a bit longer next time- not that she does a lot of promo when she's not on tour as it is, but, still.

The album potentially could have opened with, say, 225K-250K, without the bundling. Second-week sales still could have dropped to 50K, but the percentage decline would have been a little lower than 86.7%. So, the bundling in the first week was the primary reason for the second-week percentage drop.

The whole bundle thing is to generate more sales and keep herself in the game.

I do not think Madge's ultimate motive is to get a #1, otherwise she would have been promoted it DAILY and continuously for 6 months like Kaka for BTW.

Like what she has always said during her new album release interview, she wants ppl to buy her records.

If one truly doesn't care how she charts, then they shouldn't care if it's bundled or not. For me, I don't care. Though, for the price of the ticket, I do think bundling an album/tour book with the ticket isn't a bad idea. But not for an additional cost at the price she sells tickets. And I don't see it as "cheating" either if it was counted towards the charts. Madonna tickets aren't cheap. No doubt her shows are worth the price, but why can't it be part of the ticket purchasing? After all, Madonna's tours are always representative of the current album. I think if I was an artist who is known for performing new music on tour, I'd want the concert goer to have every opportunity to hear the newly recorded music that may be featured in the show. And honestly, if someone is willing to pay the price she charges for a ticket, I'd think they'd want to own her music. I know that isn't always the case, but how the album is distributed and counted shouldn't matter as long as someone is actually knowingly purchasing the album. To me, it's just finding new ways to generate more sales or getting her music out there to more people.

I don't have a problem with the strategy. Sure, I'd prefer she be out there doing more promotion to ensure a #1 album (who wouldn't?), but I think that from a chart perspective, it's more important to have a #1 album than to worry about second week declines. After all, the older she gets, the more problems she is going to have getting her first single out there.

No. I have so many copies of MDNA it looks like I'm selling them. I bought 3 tickets-3 MDNAs, then I bought 2 Madonna fragrances- 2 more MDNAs, shoes- 1 more MDNA and then ticketmaster send me like 2 more. I already had my Amazon/itunes pre order in as well. And the main problem is that all the free ones are clean versions. No Gang Bang! :rant:

Unless they are going to be the full, dirty version then no thanks.

No. I have so many copies of MDNA it looks like I'm selling them. I bought 3 tickets-3 MDNAs, then I bought 2 Madonna fragrances- 2 more MDNAs, shoes- 1 more MDNA and then ticketmaster send me like 2 more. I already had my Amazon/itunes pre order in as well. And the main problem is that all the free ones are clean versions. No Gang Bang! :rant:

Unless they are going to be the full, dirty version then no thanks.

You have the option NOT to get the album when you get the tickets, didn't you? :dazed:

You also buy the fragrance ALONE.

Shoe? I didn't know about that.

You have the option NOT to get the album when you get the tickets, didn't you? :dazed:

You also buy the fragrance ALONE.

Shoe? I didn't know about that.

Nope. The first tickets had the MP3 option or album and I chose mp3 but they send me the albums too. The last ones they send me an album and the mp3 option wasn't even there. The fragrance I bought alone, but they packaged it with MDNA and they gifted them like that. I wasn't about to make em undo the damn thing, The other one I already mentioned elsewhere, they called me and called me until I picked up the album so I guess they had to make sure they went out together. I don't care about having all of these MDNAs but like I said, it was the clean version and that was not cool.

It's legit, so I don't see a problem with it. As time goes on and album sales in general continue to plummet, I assume artists are going to be finding more and more crafty ways to get their product out there (and hopefully maybe get a little sales boost). People at the shows that bitched about too much MDNA and not enough old material only have themselves to blame for not knowing the new stuff!! :sassy:

However, they shouldn't have sent the clean version out. MDNA without Gang Bang is not MDNA at all! I have 2 copies of the clean MDNA that I've never opened. I don't even want to give them away because I feel like without Gang Bang it's just not complete and I don't want to misrepresent the album! :crazy:

Guest gang bang

I think is not necessary , MDNA could sell the same with or without promo tour-álbum, also the album could debut at n1 without that ..with at least 210,000 copies..I really think Magde needs to wait some months after she reléase an album to reléase the tour tickets, in order that the álbum can sell by itself for some months ..Madonna s tour tickets are expensive...in other words an álbum should sell by itself as well a tour

if the álbum is released in march ..the tour tickets in june .....reléase an álbum and tour tickets so close is not a good move anymore , an example is MDNA álbum-tour sales

Also Magde need to start the tour in US ..in order to get more impact with the sales , imagine a Madonna s tour starting at Yankie stadium , when the álbum has only 3 or 4 months of released ...