MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray Coming September 9/10

XXL

I was going to order but then I saw it was import. I'm just gonna wait a bit and if not buy it on the day of release at HMV or Tescos

It doesn't say import anymore but has the region still as A i've pre-ordered but tempted to cancel just in case.

But worried that with the state that HMV have been will they have it?

Guest Rachelle of London

It doesn't say import anymore but has the region still as A i've pre-ordered but tempted to cancel just in case.

But worried that with the state that HMV have been will they have it?

See thats what I'm worried about too, are HMV still recieving new releases, will they even still be open in September ughhh

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mdna-World-Tour-Madonna/dp/B00E3D7X1E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377261569&sr=8-1&keywords=mdna+tour+dvd

OK found this for £20.99 it doesnt say "Import" or have a region specified, I might get this one

I think you'll be ok with the DVD versions as the single DVD is listed as Region 2. It's just the Blu-ray i'm wondering about as very few ppl have multi region blu ray players

Guest Rachelle of London

I think you'll be ok with the DVD versions as the single DVD is listed as Region 2. It's just the Blu-ray i'm wondering about as very few ppl have multi region blu ray players

yeah!!! my blu ray is not multi region so I just got the DVD! I'm not too fussed!

So is the CD going to be released in the US after all?

http://www.amazon.com/MDNA-World-Tour-Madonna/dp/B00E3D7WGU/ref=sr_1_9?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1377303844&sr=1-9&keywords=mdna+tour

And that the fuck does this mean?

"This product is manufactured on demand using CD-R recordable media."

http://www.amazon.com/MDNA-World-Tour-Madonna/dp/B00E3D7WGU/ref=sr_1_9?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1377303844&sr=1-9&keywords=mdna+tour

I just noticed that too!

I have to wonder at this point what the fuck kind of distribution deal Guy made w/ Interscope. Its smart I guess, Amazon has AutoRip for their cloud player for certain releases

if you buy the cd.

Wait a sec. So the US is getting a CD but it doesn't come with the tour DVD? This is so messed up.

Amazon has a somewhat new program where certain music items are not sold as manufactured by the record company. They give Amazon essentially the digital files (or something like that), and Amazon burns it to a CD-R for you (if you order that particular item that way). I know, sounds ridiculous right...thing is, the CD-R thing Amazon is doing is usually for very rare, or out-of-print music items. I have yet to see it offered for a new release like this, particularly something that is already getting a professional physical cd release overseas.

Weird.

^^^^

That's very stange! Do they package it with artwork and everything?

Anyways, isn't the CD released by itself in all territories though?

Guest bluejean

Amazon has a somewhat new program where certain music items are not sold as manufactured by the record company. They give Amazon essentially the digital files (or something like that), and Amazon burns it to a CD-R for you (if you order that particular item that way). I know, sounds ridiculous right...thing is, the CD-R thing Amazon is doing is usually for very rare, or out-of-print music items. I have yet to see it offered for a new release like this, particularly something that is already getting a professional physical cd release overseas.

Weird.

Who the fuck would want that? We can just buy it on iTunes and burn it ourselves

^^^^

Sounds kinda fishy :think:

But you're right. There are both 2CD and 2CD+DVD versions in other parts of the world.

Who the fuck would want that? We can just buy it on iTunes and burn it ourselves

I know, it's sounds kind of ridiculous. I could be a bit wrong on exactly what it is and how they do it, but I remember looking for a hard to find disc that I thought might be out of print, and Amazon had it...but only through this CD-R program thing. So I read up a bit on what it was, and thought, hmmmm, that's kind of weird.

I guess it makes sense for out-of-print things though.

^^^^

Weird.

Isn't this the way the W.E. soundtrack (physical CD release) was produced? I mean, I ordered/purchased one through Amazon ... I didn't realize that's what I was buying, but ... when I read about it later, and looked at the quality of the packaging, I thought, "huh. makes sense."

It passes for official product, but ... something seems slightly off about it.

It looks like in the UK we are getting these formats:

• CD+DVD (CD packaging)
  • DVD (DVD packaging)
  • Blu-ray
  • Digital download

They are bloody expensive though, I am hoping the pre-orders come down in price!!!

Isn't this the way the W.E. soundtrack (physical CD release) was produced? I mean, I ordered/purchased one through Amazon ... I didn't realize that's what I was buying, but ... when I read about it later, and looked at the quality of the packaging, I thought, "huh. makes sense."

It passes for official product, but ... something seems slightly off about it.

Yes mine is like that. Like a burned CD! Lol

^Was it? I have the itunes version of the W.E. soundtrack, so...

Amazon CD-R for the W.E....weird. I'm surprised that soundtrack got that kind of release.

Guess it wasn't just me ... Yeah, Mensch agrees...

Yes mine is like that. Like a burned CD! Lol

Thanks for confirming!