Courtney Love on Madonna (new radio interview)

cosmic_system

She is really hard to understand, especially over the phone like that. She basically said that her and Madonna have been going to Kabbalah classes together and how one Christmas they exchanged gifts and Madonna had given her a book by Rabbi Berg. She claimed that Madonna recently said something mean about her and she doesn't know why she did that since they aren't necessarily friends, but have an "alliance." She called Madonna a pickle head. Lol.

I couldn't really get many details though.

She is really hard to understand, especially over the phone like that. She basically said that her and Madonna have been going to Kabbalah classes together and how one Christmas they exchanged gifts and Madonna had given her a book by Rabbi Berg. She claimed that Madonna recently said something mean about her and she doesn't know why she did that since they aren't necessarily friends, but have an "alliance." She called Madonna a pickle head. Lol.

I couldn't really get many details though.

She said that Madonna said something like Courtney acts like she has Tourette's syndrome. I like Courtney a lot but she does act very crazy and ramble on so I sort of agree with Madonna. I couldn't understand it either, but it sounds like what Madonna said was sort of meant as joke, that she was teasing Courtney and being tongue in cheek (you know how she is) and Courtney took in the wrong way. Courtney sometimes is not that self aware, she's always telling interviews she's normal and sane when obviously she isn't! I think if you're normal you don't have to announce that, people just sense that from how you act and the things you say. Madonna doesn't have to proclaim she's normal or sane, because that how she naturally comes across in interviews.

Pickle head? Yummy.

Didn't she once give an interview years ago saying how her and other artists were making fun of Madonna's performance backstage at the 98 VMA's? I recall her saying something negative.

Pickle head? Yummy.

Didn't she once give an interview years ago saying how her and other artists were making fun of Madonna's performance backstage at the 98 VMA's? I recall her saying something negative.

Not sure, but she has criticized Madonna a lot in interviews, saying how terrible her music is. So it is kind of hypocritical to play the victim when she has said some pretty mean things about Madonna.

I can't believe this woman was once considered the heir apparent to Madonna. I think Courtney was once talented and interesting, but she's still going on about Madge? Honey, you were never even close to her league, and now, you're not even in the same universe.

I imagine in 20 more years we'll be listening to the same type of interviews with Gaga rambling on about how butt-hurt she is over Madonna not liking her.

I can't believe this woman was once considered the heir apparent to Madonna. I think Courtney was once talented and interesting, but she's still going on about Madge? Honey, you were never even close to her league, and now, you're not even in the same universe.

Bravo :clap:

And anyway it's funny that she acts all butthurt about a supposed joke M made about her in some Hollywood circle (if true).She's spent more time talking about Madonna than Madonna has spent talking about her for sure, mentioning her, moaning and bitching about Madonna in interviews at least a dozen of times in the last 10 years alone. And starting with the wrong foot alltogether acting like a crazy drunk mess at that 1995 VMA :lol:

November 2007

Courtney Love has branded Madonna a “weak” artist in a blog on her Myspace page

http://www.gigwise.com/news/38376/courtney-love-madonna-is-a-weak-artist

In a lengthy post, Love said that Madonna is a great business woman who sings from “a calculating thought out place” as opposed to from her “heart or intuition.”

Whilst Love acknowledged that you can “hum” Madonna's songs, she said that "ambition and sass and shrewd does not equal great art - hard work and major discipline doesn’t equal great art and all of those are great things.”

Talking about her own relevance as a musician Love explained: “I convert them, I have great discipline and I do work like a bionic thing.”

I imagine in 20 more years we'll be listening to the same type of interviews with Gaga rambling on about how butt-hurt she is over Madonna not liking her.

But Courtney wasn't ever seen as the heir apparent to Madonna. Courtney was always in a totally different arena of music, alternative rock, and she never really tried to encroach on Madonna's turf of pop/dance or pop ballads. You can't really compare Courtney to Gaga as far as competing with Madonna because what Courtney does musically is so different than Gaga. I guess when Courtney badmouths Madonna it doesn't really bother me as much as other artists because it doesn't seem jealousy because Courtney never really tried to be a big pop star. She was always off in her own world, she never really tried to compete with Madonna on a musical level.

this woman really can't stop talking about madonna! I wonder if her and bernhard are friends

It's because she'd love to have Madonna's career

Madonna has got great music and sanity/discipline

Courtney has got some good music and self-destructiveness

I'm still hoping that some genius from Hollywood green lights a film starring Lourdes, Frances and Paris. Just imagine it.

Well that's obvious. What will they think of next....

:rotfl:

In 2002 she was at Up For Grabs too by the way

Madonna knew she was in the audience and they left the theatre together

Went to Madge's Marylebone pad for a pint

It's because she'd love to have Madonna's career

Madonna has got great music and sanity/discipline

Courtney has got some good music and self-destructiveness

this is true. she never totally cleaned up. kinda sad really, as i do like some of her music

Sandra always talks about their friendship (with Courtney) on Howard Sterns show. I bet they go to a coffee shop just to sit down and spill the TEA about M. Ugh, haters. Cher can join them.

Sandra always talks about their friendship (with Courtney) on Howard Sterns show. I bet they go to a coffee shop just to sit down and spill the TEA about M. Ugh, haters. Cher can join them.

Exactly :lol:

Do all these people, Sandra, Courtney, Elton, Morrissey etc have a career of their own other than talking about Madonna? And you gotta love the first cheap criticism anyone who wants to downplay Madonna's abilities is that "I'd like to see McDonna warm up people without all the lights and imagery" or in Courtney's case that "ambition and sass and shrewd does not equal great art - hard work and major discipline doesn’t equal great art and all of those are great things.”

Point is Madonna has delivered the goods with her music first and being someone who's actualy involved with the music she's selling. It's not her fault that she's gifted of that very same artistic intuition and fluidity in the business department as well. It's not Madonna's fault if you make drug use a part of your life, is it?

Exactly :lol:

Do all these people, Sandra, Courtney, Elton, Morrissey etc have a career of their own other than talking about Madonna?

It makes them question their own pseudo-career or lack their off. They can't handle it. They are very butt hurt.

And anyway all this urge that these people have to release that kind of statements in regards to what Madonna is or isn't stems purely from a desire to get press for themselves. How do you explain that slob Elton being red furious calling Madonna a fairground stripper and a month later praising her for having opened doors in the industry or that she's lovely blah blah

It's pure attention-seeking and it makes them look really bad, even worse in light of the fact that Madonna doesn't spend time talking about them in the first place