MDNA Tour EPIX TV Premiere

Camacho

I noticed that. Those two songs were cut from the little interlude...hmmm, wonder why, considering you only get few a seconds of each one. Guess she just wanted the pace to move faster.

From listening to the Amsterdam show audio on constant repeats for the past year, there were other things cut from the DVD, but it's just minimal stuff. They just cut a few seconds from the intro's/beginnings of some of the songs such as Celebration, I'm Addicted, the opening chant. There was also a bigger gap between I Don't Give A and Best Friend, but they shortened that.

NBD

From listening to the Amsterdam show audio on constant repeats for the past year, there were other things cut from the DVD, but it's just minimal stuff. They just cut a few seconds from the intro's/beginnings of some of the songs such as Celebration, I'm Addicted, the opening chant. There was also a bigger gap between I Don't Give A and Best Friend, but they shortened that.

NBD

yep, I just started to pick up on those things. I think it keeps the pace moving film-wise.

Have to be a party pooper and just give my opinion. Live the show was one of her best no doubt, but the editing for the DVD got on my nerves! Too many things going on. Too many special visual effects added that don't need to be there. Cuts that are way too fast. Why cant they just film a show and present it without all the extra stuff edited in? Disappointed on Gang Bang also. When she shoots the first guy they don't even cut to a further back view so you can see the blood splatter to go along with it. And the cut and paste of the audience from all over the world. Also the breakdown of GGW the way that was edited.

Maybe I just am too used to seeing the youtube videos edited by that one guy (I forget his name) but he did a damn good job, and I just have to get used to this new style.

Alright. Rant over.

I'm in the majority. I love the editing. I loved that she made it personal with the homey kind of shots. I loved the slow motion. I loved the stills. I had no idea about the editing of gang bang missing stuff. Wasn't paying attention, didnt care. I loved the special effects.

My only problem is sometimes the vocals are clearly edited. She should have left her vocals alone for all the songs.

Oh and one more quick thing. What happened to the chandelier during most of Candy Shop? You only see it in like one or two shots. Did it not work and come out at a bunch of stops?

Yeah, I am disappointed with the breakdown also....but when I saw it a second time, it grew on me

This is the guy that I thought did a great job editing together clips from the show working with what he had. I loved the angels and everything he picked to use.

I like this editing more than that, because its different. It's not what you expect. Something like DWT would be so boring. Madonna wanted this to be special and different from her other tour films. I can tell.

It gets better with each watch

Im sure I will get used to it. I thought the same thing with Confessions the first time I saw it and now I don't even notice said "flaws" that had thought I was seeing. Like I said I am probably so used to the vision of the guy from youtube right now.

You cn tell its highly edited.... But the visual quality is stunning! The colors and everything is really vibrant. The first section I thought was very demonic. I got sceared

You can have all the youtube "real" videos that you want if you don't like Madonna's vision. To me it's her best ever dvd. End.

agreed. YouTube is like a different genre. This is what Madonna wants us to see

Guest Rachelle of London

I love the editing, I do get the point about how choppy it is, but I think that ADDS something to it, shows all the little elements, and thats how you would be seeing it from the audience anyway