I've been listening to the "Bedtime Stories" album a lot lately.

Apples388

I was assuming she rehearsed La Isla for Blonde Ambition...

It was confirmed that The Funny Song replaced Amazing. Her record company wanted to film the performance in order to release it as the official video for the single release, but Madonna wanted Impressive Instant to be released as the fourth single and in order to prevent Amazing from being released she cut it from the setlist.

Too bad they didn't retaliate by releasing "The Funny Song" as a single instead. :D

Guest Not4Pussies

I have done it. Perfection.

tumblr_mnl40rIVw01r7690no1_r1_1280.jpg

Take A Bow after Secret? Hmmm, interesting. I made my own tracklist for BS didn't add or take anything out, I Just switched Inside of Me and Forbidden Love.

Take A Bow after Secret? Hmmm, interesting. I made my own tracklist for BS didn't add or take anything out, I Just switched Inside of Me and Forbidden Love.

Try mine. In my mind it tells a sensual love story of a woman who falls in love with a man she lusts after and they have sex so good that she becomes unconscious. lol

I would have liked to have seen Your Honesty, Love Won't Wait, Let Down Your Guard and a beefed up Freedom included on the album.

I adore all those tracks. It really stumps me why she chose to limit herself to an 11 track album when there were so many tracks to choose from and her peers at the time like MJ, Janet and Mariah were all doing long playing albums. Madonna had just done one herself with Erotica.

Bedtime Stories is easily one of her best records ever but could have arguably been 'the' best had she included a few more tracks on it.

I always imagined the Bedtime Stories Tour opening with a haunting and atmospheric Sanctuary (imagine the opening of the DWT but with 90's Madonna in the centre) with Madonna in full Versace regalia and long hair extensions with lots of smoke and dry ice wafting up from below the stage, surrounded by video screens and then rising to the heavens on a platform as the song segues into Bedtime Story just like the album, complete with wind machines and dancers like the Brit performance but elaborated on with a bigger production. She could then blow everyone out of the water with one of her bigger hits but something to fit with the mystical vible of the first section and her long flowing dress and hair. Like a Prayer would be ideal and ending with something moving like Live to Tell or I'll Remember.

The second act would be the big statement piece with heavily choreograpged songs like Human Nature, Express Yourself, Thief of Hearts, Words and Bad Girl. Madonna could bring out her shiny PVC suit or something similar to bring the HN video to life, including the white set from the clip that had the cubes in it that Madonna and the dancers danced within. The suit could be held together by zippers and be slowly taken off her during the set until she's in just a pair of little PVC shorts and a top or something similar to the Justify My Love single cover.

The third act would be RnB heavy, focusing on tracks like IRBYL, Survival, Physical Attraction, Don't Stop, Waiting and Forbidden Love.

The final act would be message driven with songs like Secret Garden and a big finale of Take a Bow before ending with a big encore like Deeper and Deeper or Holiday.

Guest Not4Pussies

imagine the box choreography from HN video on tour?

and we would've definitely gotten that BritAwards/versace look on tour

or maybe finally brunette M on tour

I always imagined the Bedtime Stories Tour opening with a haunting and atmospheric Sanctuary (imagine the opening of the DWT but with 90's Madonna in the centre) with Madonna in full Versace regalia and long hair extensions with lots of smoke and dry ice wafting up from below the stage, surrounded by video screens and then rising to the heavens on a platform as the song segues into Bedtime Story just like the album, complete with wind machines and dancers like the Brit performance but elaborated on with a bigger production. She could then blow everyone out of the water with one of her bigger hits but something to fit with the mystical vible of the first section and her long flowing dress and hair. Like a Prayer would be ideal and ending with something moving like Live to Tell or I'll Remember.

The second act would be the big statement piece with heavily choreograpged songs like Human Nature, Express Yourself, Thief of Hearts, Words and Bad Girl. Madonna could bring out her shiny PVC suit or something similar to bring the HN video to life, including the white set from the clip that had the cubes in it that Madonna and the dancers danced within. The suit could be held together by zippers and be slowly taken off her during the set until she's in just a pair of little PVC shorts and a top or something similar to the Justify My Love single cover.

The third act would be RnB heavy, focusing on tracks like IRBYL, Survival, Physical Attraction, Don't Stop, Waiting and Forbidden Love.

The final act would be message driven with songs like Secret Garden and a big finale of Take a Bow before ending with a big encore like Deeper and Deeper or Holiday.

THIS!!!!!!!

:wow::inlove::tigger:

No. I think it's clear from what she said publicly (that Bjork's album was the reason she wanted to work with Nellee Hooper) that BS is probably the direction she wanted the whole album to go in, but likely felt pressure to follow the more American R&B trend. She was listening to a lot of European trip-hop at the time, and this is borne out by the fact that she worked with Nellee again with Massive Attack on "I Want You" and wanted Nellee to produce ROL. Electronica/trip-hop was where her heart was at and continued to be for many years.

I remember either reading or watching an interview where she said that she specifically wanted to do an R&B album. There was some mention of her liking Joi's pendulum vibe album which was partly produce by Dallas. I searched for the album but it was never released. Not sure if she was pushed to do R&B by the lable or if it was her decision, we do know that she intended to work with shep originally but dropped him like a hot potato. In the thank you notes she actually apologizes and thanks him for his understanding. Shep actually is a co writer on secret.

THANK YOU. I asked on page 2 (or something) if she was receiving black dick at the time & my question was largely ignored. :fag:

She was fucking Dennis rodman at the time. She allegedly told him to fuck her and get her pregnant. Could you imagine? Another bey/jayz like pairing. Ugh.

No matter how hard I try, I just can't see a tour for this album.

To be honest, me either. She wasn't into dancing at the time, so if there was a tour, it would have been scaled down, she would have been performing in theaters instead of stadiums.

I could see her with a mic in one hand, and a cigarette in the other, with a glass of wine sitting on top of a piano.

I remembered when Secret was released in UK and Radio made a big deal about the fact that it didn't shoot straight to number 1 on the chart and when Take a Bow failed to crack the Top 10 they were all saying that her career was over.

I love this album and I was glued to my TV when she performed BS at The Brits ( with the wind machine ) . She also did an interview with Ruby Wax who afterwards said that Madonna was one of the most horrible celebrities she'd ever met !

I would have liked to have seen Your Honesty, Love Won't Wait, Let Down Your Guard and a beefed up Freedom included on the album.

I adore all those tracks. It really stumps me why she chose to limit herself to an 11 track album when there were so many tracks to choose from and her peers at the time like MJ, Janet and Mariah were all doing long playing albums. Madonna had just done one herself with Erotica.

Bedtime Stories is easily one of her best records ever but could have arguably been 'the' best had she included a few more tracks on it.

Sometimes, 11 track album can make one feel like a century.

Best example would be American Life.

^ Yeah but Bedtime Stories is such a good record that it's 11 tracks just feel like they whiz past.

It really feels like half an album to me when I play the whole thing through.

Thank God we got a year of incredible remixes, every damn single off that record came with at least one amazing remix, even the lone Take a Bow remix that came with the single release was great in my opinion.

Does anyone know if Forbidden Love was ever intended as a single? Wasn't there some debate about the singles choices? Did the record company want Don't Stop and Forbidden Love after Take a Bow but Madonna fought for Human Nature and Bedtime Story? I would never take back those two videos, they are truly up there with her best but Don't Stop and Fordbidden Love would have been easy top 10 hits after the success of Secret and Take a Bow. FL in my opinion may have gone to number one, it's far superior to Take a Bow and also featured flavour of the month Babyface. Don't Stop just reminds me of all the big hits of that era. It would have slotted in nicely on the charts next to TLC and the like.

The short track listing is intentional. Erotica was a full hour and more. BS has slow tracks and so a 70 minute album could seem overwrought. I love the simplicity of the album and it feels as though it has surprises here and there. The songs really showed off her vocal characterisations, the lyrics range between fun and thought provoking and the vibe of the album is still soft and breathy like Erotica but with more romance. I love it. Her voice on Inside of me is gold to me.

The short track listing is intentional. Erotica was a full hour and more. BS has slow tracks and so a 70 minute album could seem overwrought. I love the simplicity of the album and it feels as though it has surprises here and there. The songs really showed off her vocal characterisations, the lyrics range between fun and thought provoking and the vibe of the album is still soft and breathy like Erotica but with more romance. I love it. Her voice on Inside of me is gold to me.

There's nothing soft & breathy bout E. It's cold & detached.

As it should b :fag:

There's nothing soft & breathy bout E. It's cold & detached.

As it should b :fag:

I meant the vocals not the vibe of the album. :-) Erotica was sex, lust and passion. Bs was Romance and hurt.

Edit: just read back what I wrote originally and I wasn't very clear. :lol:

Guest bluejean

Yes. The vocals on both albums are very soft (in a good way.) Although Erotica vocals are more cold/detached but I think that's also the mood of the songs that give it that feeling. The songs on Bedtime Stories are very warm in comparison. But I would argue that some songs like Bedtime Story have a similar sound vocally to the Erotica songs.

Well I think the difference is that Eroticas characterisation is cold but there are warm crackles and full bass lines and deep grooves which of course compliment it perfectly. BS has some warmer characterisation with a smoother, damper sound and steady flow within the songs. There's some very 'cool' feeling songs on BS and I actually get very warm inside when I listen to Erotica.