Madonna is in Malawi

lori

Guest Evil M

I hope you're right because all the headlines I've seen are based on Joyce Banda's statement.

Plus SkyNews isn't taken that seriously tbh.

Oh shatap. This is no PR disaster. Even SkyNews are covering it like, whats wrong with Malawi whether it is blocks or rooms. They even called the President jealous. They have mocked her letter as colourful and like a smear campaign because Madonna sacked her sister. It is so transparent it doesn't deserve Madonna fans getting angry about it.

Yeah Sky news was like what's the problem, is there jealousy going on lol Madonna has been through major bad press!

This is whole thing is terrible for Madonna and not Malawi. It feeds into the perception of her as a spoiled rich white celebrity that wants special treatment that was built up back in 2006 when she adopted David. The difference now is that the Malawian government will get a lot of praise for standing up to her which is what many people wanted to see back then.

This is a PR disaster for Madonna and her team needs to fix this ASAP!

What in all actual Fucks does Madonna's skin colour have to do with anything?

I honestly feel like crying cuz of how shitty eveyrone is treating her when shes just trying to make those children's lives better. I just typed madonna's name in google news and all of the articles were negative about her Malawi trip and the user comments are all trashing her without even thinking of the good shes done.

her only faux paus was that letter but even then her intentions were good and offering a truce wit dat Bitch president.

the road to hell is paved with good intentions

I googled Madonna news as well and I wasn't surprised. I was hoping for Madonna's quote to be the first thing I saw.

Edited by Larkspur

I have some personal issues with Madonna in Malawi, but I definitely think that beast of a president and some of the corrupt government have completely thrown her under the bus. I'm really glad that Madonna put it out there that lies are being spread about her!

It's also really sad to me that in the 21 century, a celebrity has to poor millions of dollars into another country's education system because the people and their government, are not capable of providing reasonable education services to their school age children.

Unbelievable. This is the woman whose sister supposedly helped herself to Madonna's money and basically only fired for it while it was tastefully reported as mismanagement of funds. Is her idea of rolling out the red carpet and giving Madonna vip treatment simply saying hello? I guess just acknowledging Madonna at all would be considered giving her vip treatment.

So glad she is finally speaking up. Fuck politics and the phony game politicians play. Children need help. And that could be said for what goes on in the United States too. People voting against what they know is right because their afraid of losing votes. I'm so fed up with it all.

Guest Rachelle of London

What in all actual Fucks does Madonna's skin colour have to do with anything?

A lot of people do criticise people like Madonna when they do charity work in Africa, places like that skin colour is a very important thing. Evil M is right

Guest Rachelle of London

I hope Madonna does an interview like the BBC one in 2006. They just reported it on LBC and made it look like Madonna is in the wrong

Unbelievable. This is the woman whose sister supposedly helped herself to Madonna's money and basically only fired for it while it was tastefully reported as mismanagement of funds. Is her idea of rolling out the red carpet and giving Madonna vip treatment simply saying hello? I guess just acknowledging Madonna at all would be considered giving her vip treatment.

So glad she is finally speaking up. Fuck politics and the phony game politicians play. Children need help. And that could be said for what goes on in the United States too. People voting against what they know is right because their afraid of losing votes. I'm so fed up with it all.

:thumbsup:

I can't believe m has to take s**t like that for trying to help. Come on, VIP treatmen. tshe doesn't need to be there. If she wants VIP treatments, she could have stayed in a hotel in ny or any civilized country, not that s**t hole!! If she just wants publicity, she could pick any African country n they will welcome her with open arms n praises. She is still there because she is m and she doesn't give up easily in spite of hardship.

"........I’m saddened that Malawi’s President Joyce Banda has chosen to release lies about what we’ve accomplished, my intentions, how I personally conducted myself while visiting Malawi and other untruths. I have no intentions of being distracted by these ridiculous allegations. I came to Malawi seven years ago with honorable intentions. I returned earlier this month to view the new schools we built. I did not ever ask or demand special treatment at the airport or elsewhere during my visit. I will not be distracted or discouraged by other people’s political agendas. I made a promise to the children of Malawi and I am keeping that promise”

:bow:

“I was very happy to visit with the children of Malawi earlier this month and to see with my own eyes the ten new primary schools in Kasungu province that Raising Malawi and buildOn completed this past year. These schools are now educating more than 4,800 children with girls attending in equal numbers. These children who were formerly learning outside on the ground, in unsafe buildings or not at all, now get to attend classes on a daily basis. My children and I were overjoyed to visit these schools and see what amazing progress has been made. I will continue to follow through on my commitment to help educate the children of Malawi. I’m saddened that Malawi’s President Joyce Banda has chosen to release lies about what we’ve accomplished, my intentions, how I personally conducted myself while visiting Malawi and other untruths. I have no intentions of being distracted by these ridiculous allegations. I came to Malawi seven years ago with honorable intentions. I returned earlier this month to view the new schools we built. I did not ever ask or demand special treatment at the airport or elsewhere during my visit. I will not be distracted or discouraged by other people’s political agendas. I made a promise to the children of Malawi and I am keeping that promise”

“I was very happy to visit with the children of Malawi earlier this month and to see with my own eyes the ten new primary schools in Kasungu province that Raising Malawi and buildOn completed this past year. These schools are now educating more than 4,800 children with girls attending in equal numbers. These children who were formerly learning outside on the ground, in unsafe buildings or not at all, now get to attend classes on a daily basis. My children and I were overjoyed to visit these schools and see what amazing progress has been made. I will continue to follow through on my commitment to help educate the children of Malawi. I’m saddened that Malawi’s President Joyce Banda has chosen to release lies about what we’ve accomplished, my intentions, how I personally conducted myself while visiting Malawi and other untruths. I have no intentions of being distracted by these ridiculous allegations. I came to Malawi seven years ago with honorable intentions. I returned earlier this month to view the new schools we built. I did not ever ask or demand special treatment at the airport or elsewhere during my visit. I will not be distracted or discouraged by other people’s political agendas. I made a promise to the children of Malawi and I am keeping that promise”

So proud to be a Madonna fan. Despite all of the lies and nasty insinuations that President Banda has thrown at her, she has reacted with so much class. Her statements and Instragam messages have been so well written and straight to the point. Also, love the fact that she does not let anyone keep her down or discourage her from doing the right thing. This is something that she has always done throughout her career. The children of Malawi deserve to be educated in a safe environment and it is wonderful that she is committed to that.

"I will not be distracted or discouraged by other people’s political agendas.

I made a promise to the children of Malawi and I am keeping that promise"

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Go Madonna....normally she ignores these ridiculous lies and rumors spread about her, but when it comes to this subject, you can tell it hurts and offends her deeply and she is strongly and rightfully firing back.

Is this negative treatment towards Madonna ever gonna stop? I'm so proud of her for doing what she believes in, which in this case couldn't be any more positive, and people still has to put her down.

The level of anti-Madonna commentary from both press and public venues is competently unfounded and more than out-of-hand. The amount of sexist, ageist and downright vile negativity and pure hatred aimed her way is both saddening and infuriating.

She is more vilified and despised by the press today than she ever was during the peak of the "Madonna backlash" of 1992-1994. Back then she was stirring up sexual taboos, so the storm is caused was more expected, today she is demonized for her age, her cosmetic procedures, and worst of all, her immense charitable endeavors. The latter is a scathing testament to the disheartening level that celebrity pop culture has diminished to. Madonna's philanthropic efforts in Malawi are scrutinized and criticized in the same way gossip blogs viciously critique what some starlet wore to a red carpet event. Sad and shameful indeed.