Madonna and her Co-Producers

Whoa, I thought Patrick Leonard was way older than Madonna :0

I think he is only 2 years older than her or something. I love Pat Leonard.

I've always thought it interesting that she's never created anything in the studio with a female producer (excluding Missy Elliot).

I've always thought it interesting that she's never created anything in the studio with a female producer (excluding Missy Elliot).

The psychological and cultural reasons behind this are mind boggling. That said, she worked with MIA on at least three songs for MDNA, and Sia was involved, but idk what happened to that. And apparently she worked closely with Priscilla... so MDNA had at least three women working actually with Madonna on it. Is that the first time that's happened?

Whoa, I thought Patrick Leonard was way older than Madonna :0

who doesnt???????????????? Lets hope they reunite for the next album - at least for the writing sessions, if not producing!!!

The psychological and cultural reasons behind this are mind boggling. That said, she worked with MIA on at least three songs for MDNA, and Sia was involved, but idk what happened to that. And apparently she worked closely with Priscilla... so MDNA had at least three women working actually with Madonna on it. Is that the first time that's happened?

I think it is the first time. There's also Laurie Mayer that was a contributing songwriter. Its kinda crazy that she's been making such distinct "female empowerment" statements musically with men standing behind her. LOL.

Benny Benassi Bloodshy & Avant Paul Oakenfold
Hardy "Indiigo" Muanza and the guy who produced Revolver, that is if you want to include it...

And David Foster. Found the pic montage on Tumblr. Dallas Austin is hot too :)

Guest bluejean

I think the real reason is because there aren't many successful female dance/electro producers, or there certainly weren't in the 80's and 90's. I don't mean to be sexist and I'm not saying its a mans job or that women can't be good producers, it's just an observation. I don't know why that is. But she's used female remixers and worked with female video directors so I don't think there's any real reason for this. It's just the way it's turned out.

I think the real reason is because there aren't many successful female dance/electro producers, or there certainly weren't in the 80's and 90's. I don't mean to be sexist and I'm not saying its a mans job or that women can't be good producers, it's just an observation. I don't know why that is. But she's used female remixers and worked with female video directors so I don't think there's any real reason for this. It's just the way it's turned out.

Well she should work with Miss Kittin, she's a fan also ( referencing into the groovein one of her songs)

The DJ culture is usually male dominated, especially back in the day, and the few DJs/producers I know are generally pretty much electro-jocks. They need the female voice on their record, but its pretty much considered just another element. Since Madonna is such a seemingly "macho" female, I guess its not really surprising that she clicks better in the studio with men.

I was going to mention Mary Lambert as a visual collaborator, but aside from a palm-sized handful of photographers (Ellen Von Unwerth, Peggy Sirota, That Danish chick Inez ???) that's really it. and the Lambert collab ended with LAP.

Tracy Young and Missy E are pretty much it as far as remix DJ's go.

I think the emergence of so many female collaborators on MDNA gave the album that "testostrogen" balance, which was nice to hear.

Susannah Melvoin on Candy perfume girl, Jem Griffiths on Nothing Fails, Ingrid Chavez on Justify my love, And Susan Leonard on Live to tell (credited later on i'm going to tell you a secret)....

Good diggin! :thumbsup:

Susannah Melvoin on Candy perfume girl, Jem Griffiths on Nothing Fails, Ingrid Chavez on Justify my love, And Susan Leonard on Live to tell (credited later on i'm going to tell you a secret)....

What did Susan Leonard do on Live To Tell? Didn't Pat say Madonna wrote all the lyrics to that (in one sitting)? Was there a different version on IGTTYAS?