Madonna To Present GLAAD award to Anderson Coooper

HolidayGuy

Since when is it Madonna's responsibility to highlight every single world political injustice in a speech written with the intent at honoring one single man? The challenge was to eventually focus on Anderson Cooper, not "Madonna, tell us everything that is wrong with the world".....it is her speech and her viewpoint, she may be a politically-minded celebrity, but at the end of the day she is just a pop star giving a journalist an award, not a politician running for office.

Since when is it Madonna's responsibility to highlight every single world political injustice in a speech written with the intent at honoring one single man? The challenge was to eventually focus on Anderson Cooper, not "Madonna, tell us everything that is wrong with the world".....it is her speech and her viewpoint, she may be a politically-minded celebrity, but at the end of the day she is just a pop star giving a journalist an award, not a politician running for office.

Her speech had literally nothing to do with Anderson Cooper until the end. My point has been that her words inadvertently highlighted American hypocrisy. Despite what some idiots are trying to argue, nowhere did I say that it's her 'responsibility to highlight every single world political injustice'. I've mentioned very specific actions of an administration she, and GLAAD, vocally support which are comparable (or worse, in some cases) than the actions of American enemies she chose to highlight. I also said several times that I admire her political outspokenness, and indeed have written about it previously. But my rather mild criticism has certainly proved illuminating in terms of how some will tolerate absolutely zero criticism of M, which saddens me. She's speaking about serious issues, we should engage our brains and think about them and not just use them as ego boosts (for ourselves or for M).

Her speech had literally nothing to do with Anderson Cooper until the end. My point has been that her words inadvertently highlighted American hypocrisy. Despite what some idiots are trying to argue, nowhere did I say that it's her 'responsibility to highlight every single world political injustice'. I've mentioned very specific actions of an administration she, and GLAAD, vocally support which are comparable (or worse, in some cases) than the actions of American enemies she chose to highlight. I also said several times that I admire her political outspokenness, and indeed have written about it previously. But my rather mild criticism has certainly proved illuminating in terms of how some will tolerate absolutely zero criticism of M, which saddens me. She's speaking about serious issues, we should engage our brains and think about them and not just use them as ego boosts (for ourselves or for M).

It is not about criticizing Madonna, believe me, I have been raked over the coals for that on this forum more than once.....it is about the fact that you are suggesting she neglected to spotlight an issue she may very well be ignorant to. We do not know what she does and does not know about the issues you cite....that is the main issue with celebrity political outspokeness...they are often one-sided and misinformed. One has to take them for what they are, popular figures with a platform and a chance to express their views. At the end of the day, it is just that, THEIR views, and even Madonna herself would want people to delve into the topic she only surfaced and educate themselves. She just opened the can, it isn't her job to pull out and discuss each crawling worm.

It is not about criticizing Madonna, believe me, I have been raked over the coals for that on this forum more than once.....it is about the fact that you are suggesting she neglected to spotlight an issue she may very well be ignorant to. We do not know what she does and does not know about the issues you cite....that is the main issue with celebrity political outspokeness...they are often one-sided and misinformed. One has to take them for what they are, popular figures with a platform and a chance to express their views. At the end of the day, it is just that, THEIR views, and even Madonna herself would want people to delve into the topic she only surfaced and educate themselves. She just opened the can, it isn't her job to pull out and discuss each crawling worm.

Well that's exactly what I'm doing, isn't it? Discussing the issues she raised. As I said earlier, I think that's a good thing. My love for Madonna is in no doubt.

sorry hun, check your address bar. you aren't at MadonnaTribe

sorry hun, check your address bar. you aren't at MadonnaTribe

So you are saying only mindless worship of Madonna is tolerated here and there is no room for intellegent discussion and debate? How very boring and un-Madonna that is. I am sure not everyone here feels the same. Just because you do not agree with what one member is saying does not take away their right to freely say and express it.

Guest Fukujima

Why's it so hard to love one another

Why's it so hard to love

What do I have to do to be accepted

What do I have to say

What do I have to do to be respected

How do I have to play

What do I have to look like to feel I'm equal

Where do I have to go

What club do I have to join to prove I'm worthy

Who do I have to know

I'm telling you brothers, sisters

Why can't we learn to challenge the system

Without living in pain

Brothers, sisters

Why can't we learn to accept that we're different

Before it's too late

Why's it so damn hard

What do I have to learn to know what's right for me

What do I have to know

What am I going to do when I feel righteous

Where do I have to go

Who should get to say what I believe in

Who should have the right

What am I going to do with all this anger

Why do I have to fight

Bring your love, sing your love

Wear your love, share your love

Bring your love, sing your love

Wear your love, show your sister how

Brothers, sisters, what do I have to say

Brothers, sisters, how do I have to play

Brothers, sisters, who should have the right

Brothers, sisters, why do I have to fight

Love your sister, love your brother

Why's it so hard to love

Sing your love

Share your love

Love your brother now

Show your sister how

Love your brother now

Show your sister

:inlove:

As always the press didn't get it. They tought that she dressed like a boy scout because it was her "child dream" :lol: They absolutely did not understand that she was making a big statement.

Guest Pud Whacker

So you are saying only mindless worship of Madonna is tolerated here and there is no room for intellegent discussion and debate? How very boring and un-Madonna that is. I am sure not everyone here feels the same. Just because you do not agree with what one member is saying does not take away their right to freely say and express it.

i dont want to speak to trev but i dont think thats what hes saying, at all. he can come correct me if im wrong. but...

madonna awarded anderson cooper with the vito russo award at GLAAD. she came out, gave a great speech, made a statement and was just wonderful. why impose ones own agenda or ideas on her? why sit around and be so critical?

it was just a nice moment in time. thats all.

i dont want to speak to trev but i dont think thats what hes saying, at all. he can come correct me if im wrong. but...

madonna awarded anderson cooper with the vito russo award at GLAAD. she came out, gave a great speech, made a statement and was just wonderful. why impose ones own agenda or ideas on her? why sit around and be so critical?

it was just a nice moment in time. thats all.

Okay, I hope so....I got a bit nervous there for a second that an MNation form of the gestapo was forming!

Guest Pud Whacker

Okay, I hope so....I got a bit nervous there for a second that an MNation form of the gestapo was forming!

ha! certainly not.

Guest Pud Whacker

Her basketball cheeks are practically gone. Her face looks perfect right now! :yes:

20130317-pictures-madonna-glaad-media-awards-p-28.jpg

she reminds me of a punk rock Dietrich. shes truly fascinating.